• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

Cute Survival Plushies 1.8

3 Screenshots

About This File

This mod adds plushies to your game, which are mostly decorative, but often have a minor helpful effect, especially if they are hard to acquire.

Compatible with: DS base, DS RoG DLC, DST (host); Incompatible with: DST (client)

This mod is proudly presented to you by the Cuddle Collab:

Gotheran "Knows how to salt" - Concepts, Quotations

ThaumicParrot "Sketchy Fellow" - Drawings

ImDaMisterL "Lord of the Strings" - Quotations

Mobbstar "Mad Coder" - Plushie Pipeline, Coding

Fidooop "Modding from Afar" - DST Coding

To get hold of a plushie, it's often just a matter of luck when combatting the corresponding creature. Some plushies can only be acquired by special means, e.g., mandrake dolls are found burried in mounds, glommer toy is rarely in his goop;

This is a list of available plushies and what they do:

Spoiler
  • Pigman Plushie - Traded to Pigmen recruits them for the full recruit time.
  • Werepig Plushie - Werepigs can be forced to revert to pigs.
  • PigKing Plushie -TradeDrop for trading plushies, can be traded back for an extra juicy payout.
  • Deerclops - Can encourage an attack
  • Goose/Goose - Can encourage an attack
  • Mosling - Holding it makes mosslings stay neutral
  • Bearger - Can encourage an attack
  • Dragonfly - Can encourage an attack, super kawaii
  • Spider Plushie - Silky over time
  • Spider Warrior Plushie - Allows player to run at full speed on spider nest creep, still triggers a defense party
  • Hound Plushie - Doubles as a heat stone, changing between hound types based on temperature
  • Warg Plushie - Extra rare killdrop from hounds, killdrop from Warg; Holding it during animal Trails reduces spawn chance
  • Koalefant Plushies - Accelerates hunting when hugged in the right season
  • Merm Plushie - ugh.... glurglurgh
  • Chester Plushie - Doubles as a plushie stash. (12 slots)
  • Ghost plushie - Haunts area when hugged
  • RockLobster plushie - Poops rock
  • Depth Worm Plushie - Can light up, not enough to survive a long night unharmed
  • Sheild Spider Plushie - Speeds you up beyond normal walk speed while on silk
  • Spitter Spider - Can be equipped as a weapon and shoots weak projectiles at attack targets. Weak enough to be impractical as weapon.
  • Ruins Spider - Makes creep ground irrelevant
  • Spider queen - Promotes growth of spider dens when hugged
  • Bunnyman Plushie - Can be traded to Bunnymen to recruit for the full recruit time.
  • Beefalo Plushie - Works like beefalo hat, keeping beefalo passive during mating season
  • Beardlords - Alternate form for the Bunnyman plushie. Can be "shaved" by hand to get one or two beard hairs.
  • Rabbit plushie - Can be used to "plant" a new rabbit hole.
  • Beardling Plushie - Alternate form, can be shaved too
  • Frog Plushie - Makes frogs passive unless provoked, good for frog rain
  • Tallbird Plushie - Tallbirds aren't territorial when held, but still protect their eggs
  • Wolly Plushie - TradeDrop, Accelerates spawntime of flotsam
  • Moleworm Plushie - Can be fed for no reason
  • Catcoon Plushie - Rebuilds catcoon dens
  • Lavae plushie - Incinerates gifts
  • Crawling Horror Plushie - Has a small insanity aura
  • Terror Beak Plushie - Insanity Aura.
  • Mr. Skitts Plushie - Insantiy aura
  • Robin/Crow/Snowbird Plushie - Summons a bird
  • Buzzard Plushie - Rots all the food you give to it
  • Leif Plushie - Pacifies treeguards
  • Birchguard Plushie - Pacifies treeguards
  • Batilisk plushie - Can be squeezed for a free guano twice a day.
  • Ancient Guardian plushie - Summon powerful temporary turret ally
  • Clockwork Chess plushies - Summon powerful temporary clockwork allies
  • Splumonkey Plushie - Doesn't do anything as of now
  • Slurper plushie - Doesn't do anything as of now
  • Butterfly Plushie - Squeezing it causes flowers to grow
  • Krampus Plushie - Steals all your plushies (until you squeeze them out again)
  • Pig Guard Plushie - Soothes guards when hugged
  • Bee Plushie - Squeeze for honey.
  • Slurtle plushie - Slimey over time
  • Pengull - Soothes Pengulls when hugged
  • Gobbler Plushie - burnable, burnable, burn it with fire, bring the torch.
  • Snurtle plushie - Can transform a nearby slurtle
  • Mandrake Plushie - Meep
  • Volt Goat Plushie - Works as a low priority lightning rod
  • Glommer Plushie - Squeeze once a day for a free glommer goop.
  • Hambat Plushie - makes a funny sound when it strikes.

Please tell us how you like this mod! We like feedback!

If you encounter bugs or issues, feel free to post here!

You can stay up-to-date using the "follow" button to the top-right of this page.

What's New in Version 1.2   See changelog

Released

• added mod config for toggling effects off
  • failed to make cuddling a rmb action
  • added template for hot/cold hound strings (no strings yet though :-/ )
  • fixed [mob]ise functions crashing with chests
  • fixed pigmen, bunnymen, pig king and wolly crashing game for client
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Suggestion: they are plushies, so they should be able to be used as fuel?

Also, having to squeeze them before you can pick them up is a little annoying. maybe left-click to pick up, and right-click to squeeze when they are on the ground?

At first, the mod worked OK. But then, after collecting many plushies and trying to load saved game:
plushies.png

Edited by Estel

Thanks - I see that you rolled new file a hour later, but no mentioning of tallbird plushie in changelog, so I assume the issue still stands? Be sure to mention it when it's fixed, had to disable plushies mod for now, but would love using it, obviously.

Cheers,

@Estel, it is fixed already. The issue was with all plushies that make you seem like a mob (the "mob-ise" dolls (yeah I don't know either)). You can now safely move your mossling, beefalo and tallbird plushies around.

After playing for a long while with this mod, I have small suggestion. Namely - while i really like what it does - I think that plushies from "commonly" done things (like killing spiders, chopping trees, killing tallbirds, to name a few) are dropping too often. Most of the time, I'm literally swimming in spider plushies after few bigger fights, and after clearing half of tallbird confederacy, I had 7 of their toys :|

I think that globally reducing drops 5x times OR reducing only drops for commonly done things, but even more, would be great - after all, those should be relatively rare pleasant surprises, not something so common that people are asking (like few messages ago) for actually being able to use them as fuel in campfires.

Cheers,
/Estel

Ps.
The fact that they're so common - apart from clutter - also quite wrecks balance of pig king. Basically, there is no need to give him anything else, as he throw tons of gold just for "utilized" plushies. At the rate that they're spawning now, it would be the case even if he would pay just 1 gold for every toy...

Edited by Estel

Thanks for the update! Out of curiosity, any plans to push actualization to the version hosted on Steam workshop?

Not that I'm fan of Steam (in fact, equally opposite), but considering that DST is sadly still Steam-only, ease of keeping mod u-to-date via workshop is cup of honey in the barrel of PITA ;)

@Estel since the DST client-side changes are still untested (RIP my computre), I didn't push the update to steam because of the auto-updating. But I will push it to singleplayer, on second thought.

• Like 1

@qtcuddlesquids the prefabs are mostly the actual creatures' prefabs with the "doll_" prefix (e.g. "doll_pigman"). If you are planning to make your own dolls, maybe you want to use the MakeDoll function from your modmain.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, NeskauTheCat said:

what does the poison birchnut plushie does?

As stated in the list above, the birchguard plushie pacifies nearby birchguards.

The mod seems nice, but people are having trouble to store things inside the chester plushie. It recognizes as a container, but it doesn't accept any items.

I have a couple of questions regarding some terms you used for the plushie effects.

General question. Plushies that involve summoning (ex. Clockwork chess) or other active effects (ex. Butterfly growing  flowers , rock lobster pooping rocks , bee giving honey, any plushies that ,,soothe’’ mobs  etc.) are one time use?And in order to use them , do they have to be on the ground or in the inventory works just as well?

Pigman – full recruit time = as long as the day lasts ?

Bosses  - can encourage an attack? What does it mean?

Koalefant (and simillars) – accelerates hunting? What does it mean?

Ghost- haunts the area? As in creates the mist usually found near a graveyard?

Sorry for what may seem ,,dumb’’ questions but I stumbled over some plushies in-game and they didn’t do anything after interacting with them.

@DelgadoKenway most plushies just have a cooldown until you can use their magSCIENCE again. Pigman plushies cause the highest possible loyality (two and half days by default without modifiers such as Woodie). Seasonal giant plushies guarantee an attack if possible at the moment, else make the upcoming one happen sooner. Koalefant plushies just let you hunt more often. Ghost plushies only have minimal effect without DST and are more for fun than anything else :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WhatDidYouSay said:

How should one go about acquiring a Mr. Skits plush?

Dropped by regular shadows, just less likely.

• Like 1

May I ask, is there going to be an update that features Shipwrecked plushies?

I'd honestly love to see a Ballphin plush ^.^

Is it possible for a version of this mod to be created that adds the plushies but doesn't include their game altering effects? I like the idea of little aesthetic collectables but I'm not really big into mods that change gameplay too much.

11 hours ago, FANGS_UP7 said:

Is it possible for a version of this mod to be created that adds the plushies but doesn't include their game altering effects? I like the idea of little aesthetic collectables but I'm not really big into mods that change gameplay too much.

There's an option for that in the mod configuration (when selecting mods).