Hydroponic tile not accepting water

1 hour ago, Daxxtramus019 said:

Seems to be happening when I use the tile for Mealwood.

It just keeps saying "awaiting irigation" even though a pipe is contected to the tile and a water pump.

it works for the Bristle plant but not Mealwood for some reason

Did you happen to swap the farm tile from Blossom to Mealwood? Because they don't use the same type of water.

1 hour ago, Daxxtramus019 said:

it works for the Bristle plant but not Mealwood for some reason

Click on the tile, and check the contents in the description window. If it has the wrong kind of water stored in it, you can dump that water using the Empty Building button. That will let the water from the pipe in.

6 minutes ago, Xuhybrid said:

Try setting up your pipes like this. If you lay a single pipe over the top, it tends to stop before reaching the end.

mealwood-irrigation.jpg

+1

I ran into this problem earlier today. If you run a straight pipe through the farm tiles, then water never flows to the last section. So all of the pipes fill up with 10kg but the last pipe section stays completely empty. This was my solution as well.

In my experience, water is less of an issue. I had 32 Bristle farm tiles and only 3 of them refused to be irrigated, no matter what i did. Same with Mealwood after about 8. Not sure why exactly but it may be an issue where it's not counting the inlet as a pipe split?

19 minutes ago, Xuhybrid said:

In my experience, water is less of an issue. I had 32 Bristle farm tiles and only 3 of them refused to be irrigated, no matter what i did. Same with Mealwood after about 8. Not sure why exactly but it may be an issue where it's not counting the inlet as a pipe split?

There is no split when it crosses over an intake. The intake takes what it needs and the packet continues on.
If there is enough water in a packet it'll survive to the end of the line.

I usually split my irrigation pipe into smaller group of farm.

each irrigation pipe connect to 2-5 farms. (still using single pump)

Spoiler

irrigation.jpg

yes takes more space for the pipes. but it split more equally since start

3 hours ago, Vilda said:

Sure it does.

20170520012818_1.jpg

This will lead to wonky results with your last few crops in line though, as the 10kg packet will be depleted from right-left from first plant to last.

Always use separate "branches" for each intake - as much as real world plumbing may not follow these rules, ONi seems to prefer it... Although in fairness, water doesn't come out of your pipes in 10kg hits in the real world...

Although it would make showering interesting I guess :p 

I made an experiment with gas - series of bridges to simulate planters, followed by series of valves set to low value to simulate the plant taking the water from the storage. The gas won't get behind 8th bridge input even though there's plenty of gas to get further in the pipe. Only if I close the valves (simulating removal of plants from the planter) it gets filled up.

9835Uw9.png

22 minutes ago, Kasuha said:

I made an experiment with gas - series of bridges to simulate planters, followed by series of valves set to low value to simulate the plant taking the water from the storage.

Bridges move an entire packet over if there is an empty space at other side.
Not a good representation of a planter taking only what it needs.

Just now, Risu said:

Bridges move an entire packet over if there is an empty space at other side.

No they don't. Mechanical filters wouldn't work with that.

If the pipe is empty at the bridge's output, the bridge moves the entire packet.

If the pipe is full at the bridge's output but the element at the output is the same as element on the input, it moves as much as possible until either the input is empty, or the pipe at output is full.

2 minutes ago, Kasuha said:

If the pipe is empty at the bridge's output, the bridge moves the entire packet.

If the pipe is full at the bridge's output but the element at the output is the same as element on the input, it moves as much as possible until either the input is empty, or the pipe at output is full.

Huh. That's weird just checked it and they changed it at some point. Don't recall that being mentioned in a changelog.
I distinctly remember it checking for a vacuum at the output. Now it only fails if the elements don't match.

So, I am having issues, I can irrigate my bristle blooms with no problem, but my peppers are a no go. 

Bristlle blooms.PNG

I set up a similar system for my peppers, but they appear as "awaiting irrigation"

irrigation1.jpg

I made sure that the liquid pipe connected to the hydrophonic tile has polluted water

irrigation 2.jpg

I tried other set ups, but still nothing:

irrigation 3.jpgirrigation 4.jpg

Any Ideas?

3 minutes ago, MegaMappy said:

Any Ideas?

You probably routed clean water to them, now they have some clean water in storage and refuse to take up the polluted water. Click on each planter and click the Empty Storage button, that will drop the bottle of water and will let polluted water in.

7 minutes ago, Kasuha said:

You probably routed clean water to them, now they have some clean water in storage and refuse to take up the polluted water. Click on each planter and click the Empty Storage button, that will drop the bottle of water and will let polluted water in.

Yup, that sort of did it. I had to delete the tiles as the order to empty the hydrophonic tile was not being carried out, even though I increased the priority and waited for a while. Thank you Kasuha!

1 hour ago, Kasuha said:

I've been meaning to ask, what is he throughput of mechanical filter? Because throughput of chained filters suck (and stuck), when it can't dump filtered thing out.

12 minutes ago, Vilda said:

I've been meaning to ask, what is he throughput of mechanical filter?

Single input mechanical filter can filter out maximum throughput of the pipe minus whatever you manage to set up on the valve. If you set the valve to 4000 mg and it's a gas filter, it can filter out packets up to 996 g. If you send bigger packet to it, the remaining 4g will travel further through the pipe.

Dual input mechanical filter can grab full packets from the pipe up to certain number of consecutive full packets.

Mechanical filter fails to function if the filtered output pipe blocks.

hxnXo27.png

Hmm, so the end result is the same - if a part of the chain is blocked, the rest stops working. I'm so inclined to built the overpressured gas storage... but that's just an abuse of the game mechanic.

35 minutes ago, Vilda said:

Hmm, so the end result is the same - if a part of the chain is blocked, the rest stops working.

Not completely in case of mechanical filter - if the filtered output blocks, the unfiltered output is not affected and can continue flowing. Just the gas/liquid to be filtered out of it will continue through that pipe. Under certain circumstances you may not mind that it happened, e.g. if it's a collector pipe carrying everything and at suitable spots you have mechanical filters to grab whatever is needed at that place.

2 hours ago, MegaMappy said:

Yup, that sort of did it. I had to delete the tiles as the order to empty the hydrophonic tile was not being carried out, even though I increased the priority and waited for a while. Thank you Kasuha!

I had the same issue with Empty Building. Had to rebuild them.

40 minutes ago, Vilda said:

I'm so inclined to built the overpressured gas storage... but that's just an abuse of the game mechanic.

Yeah I had no problems abusing the pipe temperature bug but I don't like this one either. Fortunately there are ways to deal with almost all gases in the game and there's not that much chlorine to be of a concern, it can be stored as a liquid.

I thought I had a similar problem but it was the case that I had stuffed those tiles with the wrong water and so no new polluted water was going in.  You may need to empty the clean water out if you tried irrigating with clean water first.

38 minutes ago, Kasuha said:

Yeah I had no problems abusing the pipe temperature bug but I don't like this one either. Fortunately there are ways to deal with almost all gases in the game and there's not that much chlorine to be of a concern, it can be stored as a liquid.

Also the game crashes when you overflow the variable that stores gas per tile :D

Archived