404 game not found

2 minutes ago, _Q_ said:

Hat gives you the same amount of protection from cold weather as vest, logic and balance much.

...really bro? couldn't even talk about the fact that cat cap, one of the harder insulation items to get has the same amount of warmth as rabbit earmuffs which you can literally just craft with 2 rabbits and a stick?

Nah fam making the  easy to get breezy vest not better than a winter hat is totally an imbalance and logic issue

18 minutes ago, _Q_ said:

Hat gives you the same amount of protection from cold weather as vest, logic and balance much.

Spiders drop the same amount of meat as a dog that is few times bigger, again logic and balance.

stock-photo-happy-female-doctor-is-pointing-at-whiteboard-and-looking-at-camera-excited-female-doctor-pointing-432198643.jpg

39 minutes ago, _Q_ said:

Spiders drop the same amount of meat as a dog that is few times bigger, again logic and balance.

Then create a mod that replace monster meat dropped by spider by small monster meat, so you can't use it as easily for recipe asking for big meat.

Oh no ! I forgot !

You can't use mods, game should change because you said it, you have the divine wisdom and anything you say is balanced and good.

But at least some modders did a great work for rebalance mod and their point of view is probably more solid than your because of this.

38 minutes ago, JustAPineapple said:

And yet so many people are still playing and having fun with it

Its not the games fault your bored it's yours

5% of all people that got the game is still playing it, that not a lot.

45 minutes ago, Lumina said:

Then create a mod that replace monster meat dropped by spider by small monster meat, so you can't use it as easily for recipe asking for big meat.

Oh no ! I forgot !

You can't use mods, game should change because you said it, you have the divine wisdom and anything you say is balanced and good.

But at least some modders did a great work for rebalance mod and their point of view is probably more solid than your because of this.

So do a game add modding and call it a day?

Mods are there to expand a game not to make silly rebalnce mods, or fix bugs and exploits, and this game is quite full of those.

In theory of Beefalo hat and winter vest you should make a choice, less cold protection but more invenotry space with ability to carry a backpack vs less item slots and more cold protection in reality both items provde the same amount of protection so you don't need to make any choice and just can be happy with good protection and more invetory slots.

There is no balance and no choices anywhere, just traps for the noobs.

Yeah but no. Beefalo hat is harder to make than winter vest, you need to kill a beefalo and have a horn (33% chance, so you could have to kill more than one). Also, beefalo are often in a group, meaning that you have to either take bigger risk or make that a beefalo is alone so you can kill it without that much danger.

Also, du to the way Koalefant are afraid of you, you can chase them to an hostile monster (tentacle, tallbird, another option of your choice) and end with a trunk and some meat just for the cost of some time.

What a surprise ! An easy to do item is less attractive than an hard to do item ! What a lack of balance !

Would been better to compare earmuff and breezy vest since they are of more or less same difficulty (easy to acquire ingredients, but require some time).

32 minutes ago, _Q_ said:

So do a game add modding and call it a day?

Mods are there to expand a game not to make silly rebalnce mods, or fix bugs and exploits, and this game is quite full of those.

No, the base needs to be solid and DST base is solid, for most people. You are different, fine. But don't act as if the game was really lacking entire balance and all stuff, because you don't like the current balance or difficulty. Yes, some things could be improved. Yes, some balance choices aren't the best. But DST provide a fun experience for a lot of people and if you aren't in this case maybe you need to adapt too, not demand that the game adapts to you.

And it's why modding is a solution. Because it let you experience the game as you like it, so you can enjoy it, and if what you are asking is so obviously good for the game, it will come to the game one day or another. But if you just want something because you are unhappy with something that is fine for most people, then mod is here.

But at the moment you are mostly complaining with points that aren't really constructive or helpful, and with only a very limited view of the balance.

For example, the fact that you are opposing hat to vest, without seeing that one hat is requiring hard to acquire ingredients and one vest is requiring easy to acquire ingredients, Balance is a whole.

Yes, the backpack is a very good item and it's often the most popular choice. I'm not sure this is that much a problem anyway. Some items are more popular, but it's ok for a game to have some items more used and less used than others.

How about you try this in real life like those documented films of someone surviving on the wilderness if it's getting quite a chicken on a digital platform created by dedicated developers of a game development company to its community of great individuals just to give a simulation of the experience itself.

You have your opinions and I have mine as well as other people who played and watched Don't Starve (Together). I respect duly yours and what you stand for but this is rather a personal problem of your own. Solve your little problem rather making it a ruckus instead. There are different kinds of solutions to take but you personally choose a solution which is ineffective and would deal you blows.

14 hours ago, Lumina said:

Yeah but no. Beefalo hat is harder to make than winter vest, you need to kill a beefalo and have a horn (33% chance, so you could have to kill more than one). Also, beefalo are often in a group, meaning that you have to either take bigger risk or make that a beefalo is alone so you can kill it without that much danger.

Also, du to the way Koalefant are afraid of you, you can chase them to an hostile monster (tentacle, tallbird, another option of your choice) and end with a trunk and some meat just for the cost of some time.

What a surprise ! An easy to do item is less attractive than an hard to do item ! What a lack of balance !

Would been better to compare earmuff and breezy vest since they are of more or less same difficulty (easy to acquire ingredients, but require some time).

No, the base needs to be solid and DST base is solid, for most people. You are different, fine. But don't act as if the game was really lacking entire balance and all stuff, because you don't like the current balance or difficulty. Yes, some things could be improved. Yes, some balance choices aren't the best. But DST provide a fun experience for a lot of people and if you aren't in this case maybe you need to adapt too, not demand that the game adapts to you.

And it's why modding is a solution. Because it let you experience the game as you like it, so you can enjoy it, and if what you are asking is so obviously good for the game, it will come to the game one day or another. But if you just want something because you are unhappy with something that is fine for most people, then mod is here.

But at the moment you are mostly complaining with points that aren't really constructive or helpful, and with only a very limited view of the balance.

For example, the fact that you are opposing hat to vest, without seeing that one hat is requiring hard to acquire ingredients and one vest is requiring easy to acquire ingredients, Balance is a whole.

Yes, the backpack is a very good item and it's often the most popular choice. I'm not sure this is that much a problem anyway. Some items are more popular, but it's ok for a game to have some items more used and less used than others.

Birdcage - most epic balance choice ever made in history of gaming, that item is beyond broken and its in game since forever.

Beeboxes - tons of free food without any risk or managment or unkeep of any sort, like most things in this game place once - use forever.

Beefalo is easier to kill than Koalefant, feed one grass to beefalo and lead it away from the rest of them into a trap or just kite it without others beefalos around, with Koalefant you take the risk of warg or sheep at the end of the track, and to get that vest you need winter koalefant in the first place, there is no balance and no survival mechanics to keep you busy, and worlds are small and static, for quite boring expirience, you don't even need to go back to place X or Y for anything and can just sit in your base killing small animals and making food, beside hounds there is no more events that happen in the world, you can go to cave after seeing surface world, explore the caves and thats it game over as survival mechanis are lacking and nothing really happens with world and player.

Bland and boring. Base game was 6/10, DST got to 4/10, due to fact that with other players you can get troug whole content at much faster rate.

@_Q_, are you only picking and choosing which posts to respond to? We would like to know where you got the statistic of only 5% of owners of the game still playing it, along with knowing what you would like to change about the game in order to make it more balanced an fun in your eyes.

26 minutes ago, TheKingDedede said:

@_Q_, are you only picking and choosing which posts to respond to? We would like to know where you got the statistic of only 5% of owners of the game still playing it, along with knowing what you would like to change about the game in order to make it more balanced an fun in your eyes.

Look on SteamSpy data, its at solid 5% while older games with twice as much owenrs get 7% or more.

Less sandbox and more survival with mechanics that can't be totally ignored after playing game for 10 minutes, like wetness for example, all you need to do is get some free pigskins from touchstones make umbrella and football hat that you will make anyway since its armor item, and after that you are totally in controll of wetness and can ignore it whatsoever, so what was the point of adding it in the first place, when 2 common and easy to get items are disabling it completly, but there is more like you can hide near trees and such, along with the actual limit of rain that can fall per x days.

Sanity, I forget that its there at all, so many ways to recover it ultra fast, shadow hands are not working as well, characters are not scared of big shadow hands that appear out of nowhere, they are more like: oh look a shadow hand, how cute lets chase it away. So you will lose a log or 2 if you allow that shadow hand to do its thing or 1 or 2 sanity points to chase it away, much danger such wow.

Everything in this game is damn pointless and its not doing anything beside exisiting in it with 0 impact on actual gameplay.

3 hours ago, _Q_ said:

Look on SteamSpy data, its at solid 5% while older games with twice as much owenrs get 7% or more.

"twice as much owners"

if there's twice as much owners as DST has obviously there's gonna be more % of people playing. that's basic logic.

Ok so you said some things about too powerful things like birdcage, beebox, thermal stone and how you can avoid moisture too easily. But what you didn't do is explaining what will make the game more fun, exciting or anything like this for you.

Because here you are speaking about balance, and i'm sure one mod or two could fix that. But what will make the game fun again ? What do you want to see ? Because it will be more interesting to know, for me.

5 hours ago, Palecwsmalec1 said:

"twice as much owners"

if there's twice as much owners as DST has obviously there's gonna be more % of people playing. that's basic logic.

Yes but those games are much older than DST, and still maintain solid playerbase, and DST playerbase is getting smaller.

@_Q_, hi there. I'm not good at this game. I actually kinda suck at it. And you know what? If it was made harder, I wouldn't survive to day 10. I am not a whining noob, I've never made any complaints about the difficulty of this game. But I am not an experienced player, I rarely make it to winter, much less through it. I am generally low on food, I never remember to trap rabbits, I sometimes run around for days trying to find a rocky biome. And I enjoy it. But what I would really like to do, is get to the stage where I can build a giant base, take over a biome, move to the Ruins maybe. 

Was there a point to me telling you all that? Maybe not. But I wanted you to know not everyone shares your views and experiences.

And I get that you're bored. But this is going nowhere. You keep complaining, so why don't you go play something else? You clearly don't like this game anymore. Fine. Move on. And leave the forums. Please.

If you won't accept my suggestion, then no one can help you. And no one is going to listen to you complaining. I will not reply, neither should anyone else. 

6 hours ago, _Q_ said:

Yes, but those games are much older and still maintain solid playerbase, and DST playerbase is getting smaller.

Old does not equal a smaller player base. Look at minecraft for example. It's much older than DST and still has a decent amount of people invested in it.

Hey, wanna know a secret? A lot of these minecraft players would probably already be bored of the game like you are with DST. But they're not. Wanna know why? Because they utilize mods, chapllenges  etc.

You have the option to cusromize the game to your liking. But you won't use it, because in your opinion it being too easy is an actual problem with the game. Try setting things to lots or more and tell me how empty the world still feels.

Sorry for the spelling. Phone wouldnt let me correct it for some reason.

10 hours ago, _catness_ said:

@_Q_, hi there. I'm not good at this game. I actually kinda suck at it. And you know what? If it was made harder, I wouldn't survive to day 10. I am not a whining noob, I've never made any complaints about the difficulty of this game. But I am not an experienced player, I rarely make it to winter, much less through it. I am generally low on food, I never remember to trap rabbits, I sometimes run around for days trying to find a rocky biome. And I enjoy it. But what I would really like to do, is get to the stage where I can build a giant base, take over a biome, move to the Ruins maybe. 

Was there a point to me telling you all that? Maybe not. But I wanted you to know not everyone shares your views and experiences.

And I get that you're bored. But this is going nowhere. You keep complaining, so why don't you go play something else? You clearly don't like this game anymore. Fine. Move on. And leave the forums. Please.

If you won't accept my suggestion, then no one can help you. And no one is going to listen to you complaining. I will not reply, neither should anyone else. 

There was never much to like in this game, beside some artstyle and the first 20 hours of it or so, after that its boring as hell.

• Developer
2 minutes ago, _Q_ said:

There was never much to like in this game, beside some artstyle and the first 20 hours of it or so, after that its boring as hell.

That's your opinion. I have 361 in DS and 700 something hours in DST and counting, I love both playing and modding those games and likely won't stop so soon.

17 minutes ago, Lumina said:

Ok, we are returning at "the game is boring" step. Seems that "constructive ideas" step is unreachable.

I agree with some of what _catness_ said. If _Q_ isn't willing to hear out suggestions from the player-base, we should probably just ignore him. We've tried having a discussion where we potentially talk about what they want changed, but this has shown to be somewhat recursive and futile. Let's just be the bigger people and walk away before an argument explodes.

3 hours ago, TheKingDedede said:

I agree with some of what _catness_ said. If _Q_ isn't willing to hear out suggestions from the player-base, we should probably just ignore him. We've tried having a discussion where we potentially talk about what they want changed, but this has shown to be somewhat recursive and futile. Let's just be the bigger people and walk away before an argument explodes.

Not my fault you all have problems with reading.

And if you want exact solutions to current game problems, that wont happen as I'm not paid for making game design, so don't count on that.

Beside that there is a lot of balance issues covered in here, just need some basic reading and logic skills, or maybe common sense, but common sense is not that common thsoe days.

Archived