Cooling solved.

I more or less froze my batteries solid. The wheezeworts managed to overcool themselves so much they all popped back into seeds.

Thought you guys might appreciate seeing the design. It produces renewable O2, doesn't heat your base, and relieves stress for your dupes while they charge the batteries. Also, it's stackable to scale with ridiculously large bases.

Untitled.png

Untitled2.png

2 hours ago, sai05 said:

Really bug or it is dev setting ?

Well clearly it's not meant to go below -60C...The plant is suppose to live around -60 to 90C.  Why would you program it so that it will over-cool the surroundings so much to kill itself?  Clearly a bug.

51 minutes ago, Fatmice said:

Well clearly it's not meant to go below -60C...The plant is suppose to live around -60 to 90C.  Why would you program it so that it will over-cool the surroundings so much to kill itself?  Clearly a bug.

I don't think so, maybe it absorbs heat just like dupes eat food. Once there is no more heat on the environment it "starves" to death or maybe just hibernate in the form of a seed. ;)
I can't wait to see if Klei is going to give it a proper place to be planted and if they are really planning to let it just consume/destroy heat (which would actually be just fine, since geysers already create water from nowhere and hydrogen generator just destroy matter as well).

20 minutes ago, Hnitro said:

I don't think so, maybe it absorbs heat just like dupes eat food. Once there is no more heat on the environment it "starves" to death or maybe just hibernate in the form of a seed. ;)
I can't wait to see if Klei is going to give it a proper place to be planted and if they are really planning to let it just consume/destroy heat (which would actually be just fine, since geysers already create water from nowhere and hydrogen generator just destroy matter as well).

It does have a hibernation state. It turns brown and becomes "stifled" between -60C and -70C. In that state it stops cooling the gasses around it. Normally, it's impossible for wheezeworts to make the atmosphere any colder than that.

The problem is that this only happens in the pressure of the gasses nearby are over 1k. If they're under 1k, the temperature drops and drops, and the next time the game is loaded, the wheezeworts explode into seeds. The stifled state is completely bypassed.

It looks like a logic error in the code to me.

5 hours ago, Erasmus Crowley said:

It does have a hibernation state. It turns brown and becomes "stifled" between -60C and -70C. In that state it stops cooling the gasses around it. Normally, it's impossible for wheezeworts to make the atmosphere any colder than that.

The problem is that this only happens in the pressure of the gasses nearby are over 1k. If they're under 1k, the temperature drops and drops, and the next time the game is loaded, the wheezeworts explode into seeds. The stifled state is completely bypassed.

interesting fact indeed.

4 minutes ago, Twitchi said:

wait wait, can people move wheezeworts? I got the seeds but I thought they had yet to code anything for planting them.. how do you put then down to grow??

You build a locker on a tile that was not player made (any natural tile) and set it to store wheeze wort, then unstore it and deconstruct the locker and wait. It takes a while to plant itself.

13 hours ago, Erasmus Crowley said:

Ah! I was really wrong then! Sorry. XD

7 hours ago, RemyG said:

You build a locker on a tile that was not player made (any natural tile) and set it to store wheeze wort, then unstore it and deconstruct the locker and wait. It takes a while to plant itself.

But I have someone told me he got to grow a Wheezewort on Mesh tile, and I had been trying like crazy to do the same but failed... Am I doing something wrong or I'm just wishful-thinking?

Is there any way to make natural tile? (heard of a "dropping sand from compactor+horizontal-airlock" thing but never worked for me) I really really REALLY don't want to use the debug's painter, as that's no longer playing/fun to me...

23 minutes ago, jemcode said:

Is there any way to make natural tile? (heard of a "dropping sand from compactor+horizontal-airlock" thing but never worked for me) I really really REALLY don't want to use the debug's painter, as that's no longer playing/fun to me...

Dropping sand is the only legit way that I've heard of, but I've never gotten it to work either. I just found an area that I hadn't dug out yet and built my cool room there. After that I either built my machines I need to cool right next to it, or I used abyssalite pipes to send the cold gasses where I need them.

9 hours ago, Erasmus Crowley said:

Dropping sand is the only legit way that I've heard of, but I've never gotten it to work either. I just found an area that I hadn't dug out yet and built my cool room there. After that I either built my machines I need to cool right next to it, or I used abyssalite pipes to send the cold gasses where I need them.

It was silently "fixed" around 210764.

Try this new method.  I hope it still works.

Thank you, Fatmice!! I think that's what happened with the man-made sand tile. I like the Algae->Dirt thing very much and will try it out later.

Q: Is there a list of in-game materials with their physical state (solid - liquid - gaseous) and temperature thresholds we can make reference to?

6 minutes ago, jemcode said:

Q: Is there a list of in-game materials with their physical state (solid - liquid - gaseous) and temperature thresholds we can make reference to?

There isn't any that I know of.  I keep a list for myself.

Here is my short list (verify yourself if it still the case) of useful materials currently in the game.

Algae (125) -> Dirt (326.9) -> Sand (1712.9) -> Molten Glass (2356.9) -> (2356.9) Rock Gas <-> Magma (2356.9)

Slime (125) -> Dirt

Fertilizer (125) -> Dirt

Polluted Dirt (1712.9) -> Molten Glass

(1126.9) Molten Glass -> Glass (bugged ?...invisible tile/vacuum ?)

(1409.9) Magma <-> Igneous Rock (1409.9)

Granite (668.9) -> Magma

Sedimentary Rock (926.9) -> Magma

Sandstone (926.9) -> Magma

Clay (926.9) -> Brick (1409.9) -> Magma

Obsidian (2726.9) -> Magma

Number on the right is the melting/evaporation temperature.  Number on the left is the condensation/freezing temperature.  All temperature +/- 5 degree for the actual phase transition in the game.  I don't know why it takes +/- 5 degree to phase change. :confused:

Archived