Early Access Update 8: OPERATION SHERWOOD - Patch Notes

• Developer

post-251510-0-69732700-1418068942_thumb.

Click here to download the full 1920 x 1080 image!

Update 8 brings a new archive build for Banks to play with, but the main content of the patch is a whole bunch more of the random console and safe access events that can come up. That should cut down on their repetition some.

As for balance tweaks there are some for both the corporations and the players.

For the corps:

Guards have been upgraded with a door kick. No more of that "infinitely closing a door in a guards face" abuse.

There are 2 levels of Enforcer unit now. Guarded and very guarded locations have the lower, unarmored version, and heavily guarded and extremely guarded locations will be protected by Elite Enforcers equipped with one point of armor.

Anatomy Analysis now only blocks 1 point of the alarm raise when guards are killed.

For the players:

Non lethal lasers that the player controls will no longer trigger negative effects to the player. Now, when a guard crosses a player controlled beam, instead of raising the alarm or spawning a daemon, the guard's position will be revealed to the player.

Ammunition has been renamed as "Charge Pack" due to the fact that they are no longer exclusive to guns. When an item is cooling down, you can use the RECHARGE ability on it to use up a Charge Pack and reduce the cooldown time by 2.

Christmas Holidays

The Christmas holidays are almost here. Normally our next biweekly patch would be coming up on Dec 23rd, but because we don't want to release a patch and then immediately leave for vacation (and be unable to support you guys to the extent we want or fix any major issues) the next update will postponed until Jan 6th. We thank you for your patience and hope you have a great holiday yourselves.

Two things to look forward to in the next couple of updates will be key bindings and map icons for location selection. These are two things suggested and often requested in the forums, so please keep posting your feedback ideas there.

Patch notes for Update 8: Operation Sherwood

Build 119777

New Features

* Archive build for Banks.

* Triple the number of special events

* New Akuma drone art design

* Cursor change when in an item menu

* Guard interest points will be seen if the guard was visible when they were placed.

* Text scroll sound added to the menus to fill the void while we wait for the new voice-overs.

Balance Changes

* Anatomy Analysis augment now blocks 1 alarm point when guards are killed, not 2.

* Armored Elite Enforcer shows up on difficult locations

* Guards will kick down doors closed in their face

* Hacked non lethal lasers will not trigger negative effects for the player. They will reveal the location of guards when they cross over the beams.

* Ammunition renamed as "Charge Pack".

* Items with cooldown get RECHARGE action. RECHARGE uses a Charge Pack and will reduce the current cooldown by 2 points.

Bug Fixes

* Fixed being able to med gel dragged bodies

* fixed a bug with guard peeking

* Fixed a bug with drag-able track bars in menus

* Drones can't be dart gunned.

Hotfixes

Build 119827

* Fixed an OSX bug

* Fixed a loading bug

Build 119865

* Fixed a bug in one of the new events.

* Fixed a bug with Enforcers.

Build 120093

* Fixed a lock up when EMP is used on Drones.

* Fixed a crash when guards try to kick open guard elevators (they don't do that anymore)

* Fixed a crash when a Heavy Guard was killed while breaking open a door.

Build 120654

* Fixed a smoke grenade crash in OSX.

* Fixed a bug where re-positioning guards would sometimes finish their old patrol first

* Fixed a bug where you could sometimes be seen leaving a guards vision from behind cover.

* Heavy Drone and Akuma drone portraits.

I'm not ready yet to write about great things, but already found some issues:

- support guards doesn't learned new trick with door kicking (or it intended to be turned off if there more than one guard behind door? after two or three closings, one of them shot me, both was regular guards)

upd:hmmm, first guard in game destroy door, after that, already in third game, no one do it

- I can see interest points on "normal", that's worst surprise ever :( why that's not for easy or optional?
- grenade-stunned agents doesn't trigger bad end (or maybe that's worst surprise?) until guards have no real ability to detect stunned agents to pin them as soon as possible that's make everything incredibly silly, unrealistic and easy >_< 
(Probably I'm so sad because previous update's guards make me real happy)

No, don't listen to me much, I'm just too excited now 
but still don't like that new "interest points" nerf to guards, that's not cool at all (maybe there any chance that it would turned off with "Ironman"?)
in addition I have feeling that their visual sense was nerfed back too :(
that guy just can't detect Banks, no matter how long he continue to peeking around 
2014-12-10_00014.jpg

I actually can't get the game to open anymore. :(
It's stuck bouncing on my dock for a bit before going to "Application Not Responding"
I'm running the game on Mac OSX 10.9.5; I was so looking forward to the update too!

Any pointers to getting the game working?

Ok, some guards are hard boiled and kicks doors without any doubts, but some of them just do their jobs and don't want to be the heroes. Graphic additions looks great. 

Bad thing about "interest point" of visible guard is that although it was clearly predictable before, there was some thrilling moment of guessing their next destination (if there no tag-gun or movement points or wisp). And there was enjoyment of succesful prediction, feeling of succesfull trick (using of tag, MP or wisp looks like trick too). That was help to feel everything fresh, place for risk and imagination.

(and nerfed vision is nerfed vision, guards are dummies again)

Toyed around with Archived Banks. Her Eco Chip is definitely useful, probably even more so with maxed Hacking. The only real issue now is... what to choose? Do I prefer On-File Banks because she can breeze through lock doors like no problem? Or do I choose Archived Banks and line my pockets even faster to reach high level awesomeness that doesn't really need to worry about locked doors?

These Archived Characters definitely give you a new way to play with different agents.

I only unlocked archive Banks and didn't get to play yet, but I expected her to have a custom lock decoder, which takes only 2 turns for unlocking the door, or something like that. If she has it, I think it would be fine for her not to have any sort of weapon, because she starts with one extra point of anarchy, allowing her to avoid direct confrontation with guards. I think it suits her more in that she can break into anywhere even without augment hurting her brain.

Can't wait to play with fresh build. Thanks a lot!

• Developer

(and nerfed vision is nerfed vision, guards are dummies again)

The change made to the guards and interest points is they should only be displayed if you can deduce them from watching the guard. So if you see a guard peek around a corner and he sees one of your agents, we wanted it clear that he did indeed see the agent so you can react accurately. You will still need to OBSERVE them to find patrol locations, hunting points or interest points if you hadn't previously seen the guard. Let us know if you have a situation where you get an interest point from a guard you don't think you could have figured out from the situation. Those are not intended to be shown.

The screen shot you posted looks like a bug if the guard investigated that tile and didn't see your agent, so we'll look into that.

I don't know what trigger it, but sometimes guards not adjust their position after 1st turn, sometimes they staring wall after investigation, like 2 updates ago

doesn't met issue with guard's peeking at another play sessions (but not tested it with pinned agent yet)

don't know intended or not, that many guards can still be vulnerable to door exploit, it looks a bit suspicious only when there two or three of them in a row continue to open door turn by turn

New visual effects for Inognita looks charming and greatly prevents any questions about emptyness of broken safes. New additional audio effects added immersion.
Alternative Banks is beautiful, interesting and non overpowered, she's great

Has anybody seen any of the new random events at consoles? Or any events at all?

I've played maybe 5-10 games, all failed in day 1 or 2, and have yet to get a single random event from a console. Most consoles I'm nabbing with Internationale's ability at a distance, which could be a factor now though it was not before.

Has anybody seen any of the new random events at consoles? Or any events at all?

I've played maybe 5-10 games, all failed in day 1 or 2, and have yet to get a single random event from a console. Most consoles I'm nabbing with Internationale's ability at a distance, which could be a factor now though it was not before.

I've actually managed to get a few of the new ones. One of them involved blackmailing a couple. That was fun.

Anatomy analysis change doesn't make sense. Far as the heart monitor to alarm relationship goes, a guard is either dead or alive, not a Schrodinger's cat. So getting half the alarm when one dies is... Well, at least requires the item to be renamed. Either that, or alarm should also trigger on guards getting knocked out or other effects it can be confusing one dying with.

Unrelated. ... Also, did anyone pay attention to that the traffic is left-sided? ;)

Unrelated. ... Also, did anyone pay attention to that the traffic is left-sided? ;)

Now that you mention it, I do. It bothers me so much though b/c I'm American haha

And, this update is absolutely great. I love the update although I haven't been able to unlock Banks' alt yet or see a guard kick down a door yet. I just need to play more c:

However, I don't really like the new Akuma drone sprite too much. I mean, I could get used to it after a while but I'm so used to the big, blocky old version (on the rare chances I saw one) that this kinda put me off. :/

I'll probably get used to it.

Edit: I forgot to mention this too, but I also wonder when the voice-overs will return. (I can hear Central speaking in my head when I read her text. I think I might have played this game a little too much.) I also wonder if you'll give the agents voices too.

Archived