Baby's first fanart thread.

To tell you the truth, I'm actually kind of nervous and a bit reluctant to post some of my drawings, as they aren't as great as I want them to be yet. They're getting there, though.

I have posted them on my Tumblr, and some people have liked them, but I'm still worried.

However, I guess I need to get over these fears. Plus, my profile does say I draw things. Might as well back it up.

Here's a picture of Webber I drew a while ago because it's one of the few Don't Starve related drawings I did that I'm actually quite proud of, though it's just a doodle.

(I only have a scanner and a sketchbook, I don't have a tablet, so it's kinda iffy quality. Sorry.)

tumblr_ncqnta7Jc41timzg2o1_500.png

• Like 9

Here's a picture of Webber I drew a while ago because it's one of the few Don't Starve related drawings I did that I'm actually quite proud of, though it's just a doodle.

(I only have a scanner and a sketchbook, I don't have a tablet, so it's kinda iffy quality. Sorry.)

(img)

Cute spiders! It's not easy to balance those generally creepy details of a spider and still make it look human. Pretty detailed too, nice work :grin:

tumblr_ndz182k6dd1timzg2o1_500.png

I AWAKEN

And I drew more things, but that's less interesting. 

I'm horrible at dealing with giants and they usually end up tearing the whole map a new one by the time they're through. Only one I've killed was the deerclops and even then, it took out all the beefalo before I could do anything. Plus I was playing as Wiggy.

The bearger, apparently, likes seeing me cry the most. ;w;

Should I add colors to these in the future? I've been debating on whether or not to do that, because it might ruin it if I do because I'm not as experience with color. Any ideas?

• Like 3

I AWAKEN

EDIT: No-one cares about this, it is just a few lines above

Should I add colors to these in the future? I've been debating on whether or not to do that, because it might ruin it if I do because I'm not as experience with color. Any ideas?

This is so alive! Pat yourself on the shoulder mate!

Colouring is a thing you should carefully consider. The more detail you put into it (highlights, gentle shading, natural gradients) the longer it takes, but the piece can end up looking fantastic ... even more than it does already!

You could also do the ole Orcams Razor and put the individual bodies in a single colour. It's really fast and good if you need to express a mood.

Please don't take my advice without looking at my awful art thread first! Only the, like, last three posts are any good. You have been warned!

Edited by Mobbstar

To tell you the truth, I'm actually kind of nervous and a bit reluctant to post some of my drawings, as they aren't as great as I want them to be yet. They're getting there, though.

I have posted them on my Tumblr, and some people have liked them, but I'm still worried.

However, I guess I need to get over these fears. Plus, my profile does say I draw things. Might as well back it up.

tumblr_ncqnta7Jc41timzg2o1_500.png

looks great

Draw a tallbir-

Waitaminute...

*suddenly becomes cowboy*

This town ain't big enough for the two of us weirdos.

*puts hand on waist, where revolver is conveniently stowed*

Oh goodness! My apologies.

Sorry to disappoint, but this weirdo ain't lookin' to start any wars.

So, as a peace offering, not only did I draw one Tallbird...

tumblr_ne51t8REw91timzg2o1_500.png

I DREW A FLOCK, (or whatever a group of Tallbirds is called).

I also decided to practice with color on this one. Buuuuuut, instead of going full out with the color, I decided to use just one of my choosing: Red. I like the color red. I like it a lot.

• Like 2

Please don't take my advice without looking at my awful art thread first! Only the, like, last three posts are any good. You have been warned!

Uhm, my apologies, but I'm having a hard time finding said art thread. Would you mind directing me to it?

Hopefully she doesn't plan on killing the tallbirds, right?

...right?

Because, after all, I am a tallbirdologist. Killing a tallbird puts you on my bad side.

Oh...

Well, that particular drawing is based on a save, (that I still have after two in-game years), where I built my camp near a massive tallbird nesting ground...

...So I could hunt them for their meat and eggs.

Whoops.

Uhm, my apologies, but I'm having a hard time finding said art thread. Would you mind directing me to it?

There is a link in my signature. For the case you have disabled signatures (I should've consider that :p), here is a LINK

I misstook Wathgrithers hair for red tallbird eggs at first. It was pretty disturbing. Good job anyways! You sure know how to make something a big ball of cuddle :fox::cat: