[Game Update] - 275206

• Developer
  • Ore no longer gets absorbed by the world when entombed. Instead we store ore in a much more efficient system which should imrpove the load times of worlds that have a significant amount of entombed ore.
  • The warning to upgrade your audio driver should properly popup if the game starts without sound.
  • Fixed a memory/performance leak that was also causing looping sounds to play quieter over time.
  • Fix for portraits not showing up in the roles screen.
  • Fixed a bug where liquid could leak through tiles on load.
  • Fixed a bug where gas could leak through gas impermeable tiles when displaced.

View full update

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

11 minutes ago, Cheerio said:
  • Ore no longer gets absorbed by the world when entombed. Instead we store ore in a much more efficient system which should imrpove the load times of worlds that have a significant amount of entombed ore.
  • The warning to upgrade your audio driver should properly popup if the game starts without sound.
  • Fixed a memory/performance leak that was also causing looping sounds to play quieter over time.
  • Fix for portraits not showing up in the roles screen.
  • Fixed a bug where liquid could leak through tiles on load.
  • Fixed a bug where gas could leak through gas impermeable tiles when displaced.

View full update

...am I from the future or have I already seen this before?

Spoiler

I'm pretty sure I've already seen this update...

5b33d0c020e61_realthought.png.72b8dd5f404e5a582e903719698500c0.png

Edited by watermelen671

I have attached my current one, Just a heads-up it will take a while to load as the map size is bigger.

I have also had the problem happen on vanilla worlds as well so I don't think size should be an issue.

Just need to change the value in the valve. I added the doors to try and see if stopping the steam might help originally. The higher the pressure the worse the effect is

Mega Vault 001.sav

Edited by BlueLance

I know it´s not the right place to ask, but not sure if there is a right place:

Is some hotfix considering the pacu planned ? (Pacu doesn´t consider water on the left side to determine if the space is to small)

It´s a really annoying bug if you leave your base running without supervision for a longer periode of time. Slowly the amount of wild pacu is decreasing, so I need to act before all pacu would be extinct.

21 minutes ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

I know it´s not the right place to ask, but not sure if there is a right place:

Is some hotfix considering the pacu planned ? (Pacu doesn´t consider water on the left side to determine if the space is to small)

It´s a really annoying bug if you leave your base running without supervision for a longer periode of time. Slowly the amount of wild pacu is decreasing, so I need to act before all pacu would be extinct.

I think what pacu consider "overcrowding" is absurd in general, regardless of whether they detect it on the left or the right. If they swim too close to another pacu, which they will, especially if they're eating, they become overcrowded.

If you're going to make the overcrowding detection like that, at least make it so that pacu actively try to stay away from each other.

Edited by watermelen671

Even if pacu would need x times the space it would be ok ...

Consider my last attempt:

- 96 tiles stable, 64 tiles of water, 48 tiles completely filled

=> Right now even a single pacu has a chance to get the overcrowded debuff (so there is a small chance the pacu will lay NO egg)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

So the pacu will stay like it is for the next 3 weeks ?

Probably, There are a few other things being fixed in the next up date, so just gotta wait. Maybe there is a big change coming and it is part of the update

There were daily hotfixes till this patch here arrived ^^

=> Pacu will go extinct over time and it shouldn´t be a big problem since pacu can detect water in 3 of 4 directions

(So I would assume it shouldn´t be to much work to patch it.)

17 hours ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

There were daily hotfixes till this patch here arrived ^^

=> Pacu will go extinct over time and it shouldn´t be a big problem since pacu can detect water in 3 of 4 directions

(So I would assume it shouldn´t be to much work to patch it.)

Yeah but it might be something they have changed and will release with the update, it doesn't impact on performance or break the game, so I can understand them deciding to leave it until the next update.

It could also be that them fixing it would mean having to change something on their current build because they changed the code earlier. We just have to wait and see :) Also yeah the daily patches have probably stopped because they are focusing on the next update.

Just now, BlueLance said:

Is that a new expansion in DS & DST or only DS?

It's the new event thingy in DST.

Edit: They're dropping a tournament thingy today, so maybe the devs are all trying to top the charts inb4 the super terminators hunker down.

Edited by watermelen671
  • Like 1