No one wanna play with a "noob"

I have like 400hours on don't starve and DST, but for the forge I'm a total noob, I start to play it just from yesterday because of work, now I found only group of level 10+, I'm level 1 and nobody wants me, I don't have any friends, I join random group and they kick me or don't start if I don't wanna leave.

I try to play, talk, communicate with people, but they just don't care, I'm level 1: I'm a noob, I'm out.

I feel bad about this, Would be awesome if the next event by klei will considering the "late" players, with a 1-2 players co-op with scaled difficult or something like that, because otherwise, if like me you had to work the first period of the event, You can't play the game. 

1 hour ago, Morfeo said:

I have like 400hours on don't starve and DST, but for the forge I'm a total noob, I start to play it just from yesterday because of work, now I found only group of level 10+, I'm level 1 and nobody wants me, I don't have any friends, I join random group and they kick me or don't start if I don't wanna leave.

I try to play, talk, communicate with people, but they just don't care, I'm level 1: I'm a noob, I'm out.

I feel bad about this, Would be awesome if the next event by klei will considering the "late" players, with a 1-2 players co-op with scaled difficult or something like that, because otherwise, if like me you had to work the first period of the event, You can't play the game. 

Just keep playing, you will level up eventually

Just keep going. You level up very fast. First run I did that went up to the first boarrior brought me straight up to level 4. You can always just try quick joins or try to find others at lower levels.

Most of the time I played quick matches until I found groups of players at around my level I played with level 1 players, and I'd assume there should be still quite a few around onsidering how many I came across. (No offense, it was just very impressive how many Lv1 I came across compared to other levels. I was just wondering how there were still that many lv1 left after a few weeks. It was like 50% lv1; 30% lv2-5; 15% lv 6-10; 5% lv11+).

At some point where I was level 40+ I started going through the lists looking for "[lv 20+]" servers with PW in the description, etc because I didn't wanna explain the game to every second person I came across. With the similar strategy you could open a server asking for low levels or max lv10 or something in the title, so no people complaining about low levels join.

you can create custom servers for noobs or there is also some servers for noobs only or "all welcome"

look for those

just learn and die.. that's the way to go

cuz it takes a lot of practice to gg at the forge.

just die and learn, rinse and repeat

that's how I did it.. and I picked the forge four days ago.

Now I'm level 60.

I join to what FreyaMaluk said, if you don't find a suitable world, only "many++" ones, you can start one and give it a name like "for beginners", "all welcome" or "to practice". As the Forge worlds are all hosted at Klei, you can do this even if your computer isn't too strong.

During the day and evening there are a lot of worlds and people who play the Forge, try to play in these time (if you didn't already).

An advice that I can give, if you play try to listen to players who are more experienced. If they ask for a weapon or armor, they usually know how to use if the best way and you can learn a lot. If you cooperate and help them, everyone will enjoy the game much more! And as you'll see, you can level up really fast at the beginning. I also can recomment to read a good guide about the Forge so that you understand what and why others may ask.

Oh, and one more thing: I don't recommend using quickmatch, but chosing a server personally in the Forge menu. Otherways the game might put you into an unpassworded 40+ server and you won't even know it, and all the people will be angry on you for no reason.

So heads up and give it another try, good luck and have fun ;)

I'm not sure there is a kick option.

Anyway, it's hard, and not fair, but not everyone is like this. Try to speak in chat and show that you'll listen advice, say that you know how to play classic DST, it could help. I know, it shouldn't be necessary, especially since it's totally possible to gain with lvl 1. (Sure, it's easier with vocal, but still, i remember a win with two lvl 1 and one lvl 4).

I wish you luck.

there is 

1 hour ago, Lumina said:

I'm not sure there is a kick option.

Anyway, it's hard, and not fair, but not everyone is like this. Try to speak in chat and show that you'll listen advice, say that you know how to play classic DST, it could help. I know, it shouldn't be necessary, especially since it's totally possible to gain with lvl 1. (Sure, it's easier with vocal, but still, i remember a win with two lvl 1 and one lvl 4).

I wish you luck.

I personally play with some people in lower levels

I just had one guy lv 16 and it was fun and all. As long as peps listen I have no problem with that as @fimmatek said.

another issue tho.. peps between lvs 20-40 are obsessed with perfect cuz achievements and they will get absolutely salty if something goes wrong.

I personally couldn't care less and I always tried to just lern more and more. Most of the cool peps I met where in the servers I hosted myself so I was able to keep the tone very friendly.

Archived