fridge placement

Do it matter where you place your fridge in terms of effectiveness?  It seems to me that it does, when I check the temp of the goods inside they seem to be at what ever the ambient temp is.  If that is the case, why is it using power, it seems to me that it  is just a cooler then.  I have placed it in a very cold place, and the goods inside stay cold as well.  So what is the power used for?

Do you follow what I am saying?

Pi

On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 6:30 AM, Pi2 said:

Thanks for the responses about the fridge, maybe the 120 watts is just for the bulb ? :)

Now that's not a bad idea.   They should give the fridge extra benefits - giving light source.

Otherwise, I just use cold biome and place my food box and storage box there (for wheat)

29 minutes ago, RonEmpire said:

Now that's not a bad idea.   They should give the fridge extra benefits - giving light source.

Otherwise, I just use cold biome and place my food box and storage box there (for wheat)

I suspect they are using two bulbs, because the bulb socket in m fridge says '60 Watt Max' hehe,

I am now using a small sealed thermal room with a few weezies and keep the unpowered fridges in there, works quite well.

Still trying to create the ultimate water cooling system though

On 8/21/2017 at 1:29 PM, RemyG said:

Best place is unplugged and in CO2, chlorine, or hydrogen where it'll be sterile and prevent rotting without wasting power or generating heat.

That doesn't work for when Dupes get sick. Food storage needs to be within 6-8 tiles of a Med-Bed for Dupes to get access to food.

5 hours ago, vonVile said:

That doesn't work for when Dupes get sick. Food storage needs to be within 6-8 tiles of a Med-Bed for Dupes to get access to food.

I think it's still possible. Just store some in a rations box in a small hole in the ground, filled with carbon dioxide. Unless the 6-8 tiles is only horizontally.

Archived