need megabase building tips!!

Try google "don't starve together megabase" for example of megabase.

Planify things, like, one area for the crockpot and frigde, one for the grass, one for the twigs, one for the berry bushes, one for the chest, one for the bee box, one for farms... You see the idea.

Clean the area, cut tree, pick flowers, dig twigs/grass/bushes

Add floor to delimit the different areas.

Put wall if you like them.

You can do pretty much everything you want, mix things, add a pig village, a bunny village, putting moondial everywhere for decoration... Some people have maybe different ways to make their megabase, it's only some ideas. The most important thing is to have fun :)

6 hours ago, Lumina said:

one for the twigs, one for the berry bushes

playing as wickerbottom all my resources are next to each other so i can use the book and regrow everything

9 hours ago, finnythehero said:

:wilson_confused: I have no idea how to build a megabase I need tips to get started

planification its the key, just remember the interaction so you dont have any problem, by interaction i mean for example setting an animal pen next to a houndious shootious as you would probbably lose your pen. Search on youtube mega bases tours to see what ppl do, and i also recommend Helicalpuma's YT channel as he gives very usefull tips for mega bases such as moving animals setting farms and stuff.

21 hours ago, Jurgens said:

playing as wickerbottom all my resources are next to each other so i can use the book and regrow everything

It's an option, sure :) But as long as the resources aren't too far away from each others (wicker book cover a little more than one screen if i'm not wrong), you could perfectly have different area and use the book to make all grow at once.

3 hours ago, Lumina said:

It's an option, sure :) But as long as the resources aren't too far away from each others (wicker book cover a little more than one screen if i'm not wrong), you could perfectly have different area and use the book to make all grow at once.

yes indeed its a bit more than 1 screen but as i plant at least 40 of each resource and enclosed on fences to set geekos and turkey(XD) farm.

On 01/09/2017 at 3:05 AM, CaptainCatSleeping said:

Ah, how do you do that then? That would be very helpful. I still can't get over how server corruption killed my longest run and this would give me closure.

Sorry, i saw your message late yesterday and forgot to answer. If you are hosting the world, search in Documents/Klei/DoNotStarveTogether/

Cluster should be the number of the save slot (cluster 1 is slot 1, cluster 2 slot 2). If you are using a dedicated server, search in the folder of your dedicated server.

18 hours ago, Lumina said:

Sorry, i saw your message late yesterday and forgot to answer. If you are hosting the world, search in Documents/Klei/DoNotStarveTogether/

Cluster should be the number of the save slot (cluster 1 is slot 1, cluster 2 slot 2). If you are using a dedicated server, search in the folder of your dedicated server.

I stand corrected, but are the steps to resolve server corruption as follow?

Step 1. Copy and paste the cluster which the world is in, to another location.

Step 2. Server corrupts and go be salty and sad.

Step 3. Locate the copied cluster. Delete the corrupted cluster. Paste that copied cluster. 

Step 4. Problem solved and rejoice!

Here's some tips and steps:

1-Pick a huge area, preferably in the center of the map.

2-Make a crafting area asap  

science machine -> alchemy engine -> prestihatitator -> shadow manipulator 

or

science machine -> prestihatitator -> alchemy engine + shadow manipulator

3-Make lots of boxes, tag them, and always keep them organized.

I should note that how you tag and organize those boxes depends on playing styles of the players.

I usually make a box for twigs, one for grass, one for minerals, one for logs, one spider related, and one for any sort of magical item.

4-Use a pitchfork to make 8x8 areas (~1 screen size) then use cobblestones to connect these areas to your main base. You can easily make berry farms, bee farms, butterfly farms, drying rack areas and etc in these areas.

5-If you want to stay in base at summer, place flingomatics in the center of each area and build around the flingomatics.

And as always, don't forget, the goal is to Don't Starve :)

Archived