[Outdated] Klei/Slick Weekly Live Art Stream on Twitch!

JanH

slick_artstream1920x1080.jpg

Hey everyone!

As some of you may have heard, we recently joined forces with the talented folks at Slick Entertainment. This means that we will be hosting Slick's two-hour live art streams (with host Jesse "Jouste The Drawbarian" Turner) in addition to our weekly Thursday Klei dev casts. 

Come for The Drawbarian's speed drawing skills and character concepts, but stay for the searing hot art tips and blindfold drawing, every Tuesday at 4:00 PM PST. (12:00 AM UTC)

Where is it?
On Slick Entertainment's Twitch Channel here:
https://www.twitch.tv/slickentertainmentinc

Times
4:00 PM PST (Pacific Standard Time)
12:00 AM UTC (Coordinated Universal Time)

Here's a handy tool to figure out what time that means for you:
http://www.worldtimebuddy.com

EDIT: We will be posting the finished art pieces on this thread every Tuesday after the live stream.

• Like 7

• Developer

streamsmash001.jpg

Hey guys!

Thanks for dropping by if you did. I took the couple drawings we did over the stream and mashed them up here! 
We got help from from @gamingwithwood's daughter for the inspiration of our lightening powered rainbow unicorn space marine. we drew up a couple followers (drunk killer jay, Krev Fox and dragon kid) and for our warm up we did a cauldron faced monster because I was feeling sick! we talked a bit about old movie posters and where I get some of my inspiration as well as a couple shading techniques that I use.

It was a ton of fun as always. Thanks to everyone who helped make the stream possible and we hope to see you next week!

-Jouste the drawbarian 

• Like 7

• Developer

That was a super fun stream, I'm looking forward to the next one! I also can't unsee a cauldron chester from cauldron face/mouth. My drawing abilities are far from as good as yours, but I'll definitely be doodling cauldron Chester here and there, really loved that monster's design :D

• Like 2

• Developer

Hey Guys!

Here's another stream smash form this week's art stream. We drew the loveable "Valentron" for Valentron's day, here he is spitting out countless Valentines for everyone just like he's programmed to. Our warmup sketch came together pretty quick with a standard pose and we went into some design work on an Octopus Warrior. There was so many great ideas for his weapon from you guys that we ended up combining them all into one. We also talked a bit about keeping your initial ideas simple and how great it is when kid's can draw your stuff.

I also NAILED the eyes on the blindfolded fox! It was a great time, we'll see you next week!

-Jouste the Drawbarian

streamsmash002.jpg

• Like 5

Hey folks, on this week's Slick Art Stream, Jesse will be drawing Oxygen Not Included fan art (from Slick's perspective) in addition to his searing hot art tips and blindfold drawing. As always it will be a two-hour show starting at 4:00 PM (PST) on Slick Entertainment's Twitch Channel

Where is it?

Times

• Like 5

• Developer

streamsmash003.jpg

Hey Guys!

Hey @ImDaMisterL You made it! and recommended a boxing cactus IIRC thanks for stopping by!

Here's another stream smash form this week's art stream. We did up some fan art for Oxygen Not Included! I really like the characters and the MORBS! we did a bunch of loose sketches and had a great time as well. Thanks everyone for stopping by. And if you liked the image we did up here's a link to a printable version that you can put on your fridge! 

I was a little lower on energy so i'll be sure to eat more before next week's stream. Thanks everyone for dropping by!

-Jouste the Drawbarian

• Like 9

• Developer

The boxing cactus! Stings like a cactus and flies like a... cactus. He's the best fighter around!

It was super awesome as always (even more so because this time I caught it live!), can't wait for next week's stream!
Btw, thanks for the intel that Klei has an unannounced game under their sleeves... I might not know anything about it, but if you're the artist then at least I know it'll look great :p

• Like 4

Hey folks, on this week's SLICK/KLEI Art Stream, Jesse will be drawing DON'T STARVE fan art (from Slick's perspective) in addition to his searing hot art tips and blindfold drawing. As always it will be a two-hour show every Tuesday at 4:00 PM (PST) on Slick Entertainment's Twitch Channel

Where is it?

Times

Spread the word!

• Like 3

• Developer

streamsmash004.jpg

Hey Guys!

The stream previously had a couple issues but this one went off without a hitch! We got some artistic stretching done with a loose wolf dude then wrapped up our Woodie fan drawing! Thanks everyone for stopping by and energizing me. We talked a bit about composition and set up as well as keeping detail and higher fidelity shading where it matters.

If you are after your very own printable version of the Woodie fan piece, snag it right here! Hope to see all of you next week when we tackle Wolfgang and the viewer recommended Pig King!

-Jouste the Drawbarian

• Like 9

• Developer

streamsmash005.jpg

Hey guys! 

We got another stream in the bank. This time we tackled a cyberpunk bug detective and the start of our Wolfgang piece! A lot of cheer thrown around and great people dropping by kept our energy up while we tackled a new layout and much more powerful Wolfgang pose and crammed it with crabbits! A big thanks to everyone who dropped by, see you guys next week!

-Jouste the Drawbarian

• Like 8

Is there a printable version of this version or just this image? I like the printable links you send since they show a wide scope and detail.

That's a interesting position for the pigman. Never seen what's under his legs. Also, that crabbit. That poor traumatized crabbit. :wilson_ecstatic:

• Like 2

• Developer

streamsmash006.jpg

Hey Guys!

A little late on this stream smash but I'll be streaming later on today and probably tackling the Webber drawing again. I'll also get the full resolution Wolfgang up @minespatch as well, thanks for asking! We had a lot of fun last stream with a bunch of new people showing up and asking some great questions. I learned a bunch about the Don't Starve lore from the fans that show up so thanks for that. I'll catch you guys later!

-Jouste the Drawbarian

• Like 8

Webber matured really fast in your version! :wilson_ecstatic: Looking forward to the full Webber and Wolfgang pieces when they do go up. I've been enjoying looking at the completed art.

Also, from what your sample shows, the spider egg den looks like ice cream.

• Like 4

• Developer

streamsmash007.jpg

Hey guys!

@ImDaMisterL hilariously Ayr Byrd got a bunch of people making up fun characters! My favorite was a chameleon wearing camouflage gear. And yeah the spider nest looked pretty gross at the beginning haha.

@minespatch Yeah they'll be up soon! The Wolfgang Piece is below VVV in the link! 

@Quoth143 He sure has! It was neat to get the history of Webber from people in the chat, DS fans are really helpful and patient with my attempts at lore.

We had a really fun stream last Tuesday and I wanted to get up that Printable Wolfgang image as well as the stream smash! We drew a bunch of the crew. wrapped up Webber and through some thumb nailing we got a great start on Wendy! It's going to come together pretty early next stream so I hope to see you guys there!

-Jouste the Drawbarian

• Like 6