Make Razor A Tool

The razor should have durability

Well, in the real world, those kinds of razors also known as "straight razors" are made to be very durable and has a life expectancy of well... a lifetime... you need careful tending with a whetstone and polish though... so yeah, the in-game razor's durability is justified.

should be equipped

And that will make you look like an ally-way mugger... O__O imagine using a straight razor as a weapon... sure, it's sharp, but the size though... and it would be a problem since straight razors are extremely sharp and can actually slit your throat with just a little force... in game, it would mean that it is a tool that is made to be a weapon stronger than a spear or hambat even!

O__O 

Yes on durability, no on having to be equipped.

I hate having 1000 razors laying around from everyone prototyping them, necessitating a lureplant garbage disposal or such... 

But being able to hold a torch and shave Beefalo at the same time is pretty important, too.

Yes on durability, no on having to be equipped.

I hate having 1000 razors laying around from everyone prototyping them, necessitating a lureplant garbage disposal or such... 

But being able to hold a torch and shave Beefalo at the same time is pretty important, too.

You've convinced me with not having razors be equipped. I forgot about the torch part...

I'd like it if there was a easier way to destroy shavers. @Asparagus, A small blade but a blade nonetheless.

I never really found this to be a problem but with all the overwhelming evidence, I guess I could support the cause... probably make razors have 50 uses? Sounds fair I think because it is a straight razor, it's durable enough but not too op... what 'cha think? :)

Well, in the real world, those kinds of razors also known as "straight razors" are made to be very durable and has a life expectancy of well... a lifetime... you need careful tending with a whetstone and polish though... so yeah, the in-game razor's durability is justified.
Now, some Razor Time, with Asparagus.

That didn't sound right... 

Now, some Razor Time, with Asparagus. That didn't sound right... 

I just so happened to have watched an episode of "How It's Made" on the Discovery Channel about straight razors so I thought I'd use that useless fact XD

While yes this is annoying........... I guess....I don't really run into this problem.  The problem I run into is I make a razor and leave it in the middle of the largest beefalo herd and someone ALWAYS comes and picks it up rather than leaving it there.  WE'RE ALL USING IT FOR THE SAME THING!  just leave it.

Archived