Bunny's PvP competition

EDIT: If two very very good pvp players fight eachother it really boils down to who can learn the timings, adjust their own timings, and predict the attacks of the other person which is never what you visually see on the screen.  The real battle occurs in the minds of the fighters.

Not really. If you are doing more than moving aside when someone hits so you can get them in the middle of their animation, then all you do is dancing. Which isn't effective, it's just delaying the battle. If both the players wait for the other to attack first, it really boils down to who has got more materials and how effective you can cancel the other's actions.

Not really. If you are doing more than moving aside when someone hits so you can get them in the middle of their animation, then all you do is dancing. Which isn't effective, it's just delaying the battle. If both the players wait for the other to attack first, it really boils down to who has got more materials and how effective you can cancel the other's actions.

If you had watched the video I posted, that actually occurs during the fight for a little bit where it looks like we're just dancing but then I predict his movement and get 3-4 good hits on him.

So when you say "Which isin't effective, it's just delaying the battle." you're wrong... unless your idea of a battle is both sides charging in and letting whoever has the lower ping win.

Not sure what you mean by your second part... seems too general to make sense.  how effective you can cancel the other's actions?  At least use a text example to be more specific please.  I actually posted a video showing what I'm talking about.

What I see happened in that video, is the guy that fought you actually predicted your dance kind of thing, so he tried to imitate it, but he didn't really manage to do it. You can see him going from left to right, undecided. Those hits you got on him were not as good as the ones he got on you at the start of the fight, which brings me to the second part.

Who has more materials and knows what he's doing is gonna get enough carry from his stuff that he can totally tank you till you die, even if you get 2x more hits on him because you tried to (make him stunlock himself by playing the animation of attacking) adjust timing. He had a football helmet reducing the damage you got on him, so he probably had more than half health while you were struggling with 10 hp. Also little details can make the difference, you had enough materials for an alchemy engine and football helmet. But we aren't here to talk about that.

Cancelling other's actions it's exactly what it sounds like. If someone has a firestaff and wants to fire at you, you can go towards that person when he is prepared to hit you, hit him before he reacts, and effectively cancel the action. Or, when forcefeeding used to be a pvp strategy, when someone tried to forcefeed you, you could of cancel that forcefeed by hiting that person before he manages to do so.

Those hits you got on him were not as good as the ones he got on you at the start of the fight

I connected 4 times in a combo after the dance (plus a few single hits)  he only hits 4 times at the very start of the fight where my armor breaks.

In my mind 4=4, but maybe you liked the animation of him on fire more?

What I see happened in that video, is the guy that fought you actually predicted your dance kind of thing, so he tried to imitate it, but he didn't really manage to do it. You can see him going from left to right, undecided. Those hits you got on him were not as good as the ones he got on you at the start of the fight, which brings me to the second part.

Who has more materials and knows what he's doing is gonna get enough carry from his stuff that he can totally tank you till you die, even if you get 2x more hits on him because you tried to (make him stunlock himself by playing the animation of attacking) adjust timing. He had a football helmet reducing the damage you got on him, so he probably had more than half health while you were struggling with 10 hp. Also little details can make the difference, you had enough materials for an alchemy engine and football helmet. But we aren't here to talk about that.

Cancelling other's actions it's exactly what it sounds like. If someone has a firestaff and wants to fire at you, you can go towards that person when he is prepared to hit you, hit him before he reacts, and effectively cancel the action. Or, when forcefeeding used to be a pvp strategy, when someone tried to forcefeed you, you could of cancel that forcefeed by hiting that person before he manages to do so.

I'm not sure if you're trying to troll or genuinely don't understand pvp (sign of a good troll).  I can't take you seriously.

The tips I gave in my original post about ping and pvp are correct.  I would be surprised if some of the good PVP'ers here would disagree.

Hmm i'd like to join both events with my friend, i'll check the ping and tell you if i can play xD, i'll just edit this post.

sure i'll put you on the list for now and just tell me your friends name as well :D

Bunny, any chance you can change the starting gear in the first match? With that much armour it'd just be a tank fest, and thulecite crown's protection aura is straight up luck. Maybe two logsuits and two football helmets per player?

:grin: I dont accept anyone on steam.  Just hop on dedicated most nights around 10CST or so and I'll probably be there.  I'm not avoiding anyone, I just want a fair battleground.  I'm having a jolly good time every time I log in.

Bunny, did you ever make it to 200 days?  I left off with you at around 120 days.

I can't take you seriously either. I guess we'll have to wait for saturday, if the ping isn't ripping me apart!

Bunny, any chance you can change the starting gear in the first match? With that much armour it'd just be a tank fest, and thulecite crown's protection aura is straight up luck. Maybe two logsuits and two football helmets per player?

Lol I originally also had a system just for that, but it was like this.

for k,v in pairs(AllPlayers) do c_select(v) c_give("spear") end
for k,v in pairs(AllPlayers) do c_select(v) c_give("armorwood",2) end
for k,v in pairs(AllPlayers) do c_select(v) c_give("footballhat",2) end
for k,v in pairs(AllPlayers) do c_select(v) c_give("dragonpie",5) end
for k,v in pairs(AllPlayers) do c_select(v) c_give("butter",5) end

But the food was subject to change to bluecaps etc. but this isn't my event, I'm just hosting/helping with it.

Also the server is currently up for RoG testing, so you'd have to opt into the beta RoG test in order to join right now.

yep jisook is already working on it since there were a lot of people who wanted the change :/ personally I like the crown better since it just looks cuter..............

Speaking of RoG though, despite it being in testing, does anyone else want to try the survival at the fittest with RoG additions or? oh wait, not a lot of people look back on this thread.

I wouldn't. With 10+ people all doing different things you're bound to find more bugs/crashes mid-game.

for the PVP arena are we also given 5 days to prepare with our own items? or is the Arena set at Day 1? Giving us the opportunity to add our own twist will make the arena more interesting.

for the PVP arena are we also given 5 days to prepare with our own items? or is the Arena set at Day 1? Giving us the opportunity to add our own twist will make the arena more interesting.

That's up to @Bunni.

EDIT:

Hopefully people will read this. I did some finishing touchings with the help of rezecib (much thanks).

Currently Bunny has decided to do at least 2-3 arena type of PVPing, we don't expect this to run longer than at least an hour.

1. 9x9 arena, everyone will fight 1v1 and whoever is standing, moves onto the next round, until grand winner
  2. All out FFA in a single arena
  3. 5 days to gather what you want and fight it out in either 1) or 2)

Current rules are that you are given certain items again, but what you lasted with (say player A has lost only 50% logsuit in their first 1v1, but player C lost 75%, when they move onto the next (player A vs C) they both will get an extra logsuit, but the person who lost only 50% will have an advantage due to being better @ pvp) or do you guys all want a fresh start on equal terms?

That's up to @Bunni.

EDIT:

Hopefully people will read this. I did some finishing touchings with the help of rezecib (much thanks).

Currently Bunny has decided to do at least 2-3 arena type of PVPing, we don't expect this to run longer than at least an hour.

1. 9x9 arena, everyone will fight 1v1 and whoever is standing, moves onto the next round, until grand winner
  2. All out FFA in a single arena
  3. 5 days to gather what you want and fight it out in either 1) or 2)

Current rules are that you are given certain items again, but what you lasted with (say player A has lost only 50% logsuit in their first 1v1, but player C lost 75%, when they move onto the next (player A vs C) they both will get an extra logsuit, but the person who lost only 50% will have an advantage due to being better @ pvp) or do you guys all want a fresh start on equal terms?

Fresh and equal terms, if I were to defeat a bad player where my new opponent previously faced a good player, they'd be at a disadvantage.

Fresh and equal terms, if I were to defeat a bad player where my new opponent previously faced a good player, they'd be at a disadvantage.

I can't keep track of who has items and if they're lying, which means then I'd have to despawn everyone back to the character selection and regive them items, for the same reason they can pick up a player's loot after the defeated 1v1.

Lastly, does anyone want a night segment (since I'm handing out like this)

for k,v in pairs(AllPlayers) do c_combatgear() end

which is

give("armorwood",2)
give("footballhat",2)
give("spear")
give("lighter") changed to torches (x2) because even when I despawn people, lighters get dropped and it's mad annoying.
give("butter",5)
give("bandage",5)
give("yellowamulet")

I used to have monster meat and other stuff due to forcefeeding, but I heard it was patched, for the combat part anyway. Because you'll get hit before you're able to forcefeed them.

I'm really bad @ this really, I'm pretty damn basic.

Also if Alpha doesn't trust the administrators, I can provide you with a livefeed stream of the serverlog so nobody is spawning in random crap.

Night segment?

Bunny wants 5 more butter and hambat instead of spear. Objections have to be said here since the group of people who are on the server right now want half half as in it's not finalized.

I can't keep track of who has items and if they're lying,

Since the whole point of respawning items is to replace your damaged ones lying wouldn't really do anything. You can ask them to drop their damaged items on the ground and then replace them with spawned in repaired versions of them.

Archived