[Bug or inconvenient?] Overheating in caves

So, I was playing on Don't Starve RoG on Survival mode (no mods enabled), got pass through a couple of days and got to summer. I was overheating and the only thing that I had closer to be able to survive was getting in one cave I digged out earlier. I got to the cave and still take damage for the overheat thing. I died. =(

Is that a bug or do you really overheat in caves??

Thanks for your time.

PS: Sorry if anyone ever posted about this, and sorry if this is the wrong area to do it so.

Not a bug. It's there to prevent people from easily making their way thru summer by simply staying in caves throughout the season.

But there's no way to survive down there, since you need wood, saplings and grass to make a fire/torch. Also, there's no "real" food down there.

I think they should "fix" this, just like they came with the ideia that rabbits also starve on RoG, to seem more like reality.

But there's no way to survive down there, since you need wood, saplings and grass to make a fire/torch. Also, there's no "real" food down there.

I think they should "fix" this, just like they came with the ideia that rabbits also starve on RoG, to seem more like reality.

People in the vanilla game went into caves to escape winter as a "cheat." People now can't (in RoG) escape seasonal effects (including rain) in caves, but it progresses slower. 

Actually there is. If you explore a bit, you can find plenty of wood, sapplings, grass, berries and meat in there.

As noted above.  

Even in Ruins you can find resources, but it never hurts to bring additional.

Respectfully, Caves and Ruins are for advanced playing even more than the Reign of Giants, add on. If you are still having difficulty with seasons, you may want to get tips on how to survive those basics before doing any caving.

And it's unlikely therefore they will "fix" this advanced playing style caving in an advanced playing style add on as it's working as intended for advanced players. 

Finally, this is dealing with Reign of Giants questions and suggestions, not basic Don't Starve. Since none of this is a Bug and now falls under suggestions/feedback where this is moved.

People in the vanilla game went into caves to escape winter as a "cheat." People now can't (in RoG) escape seasonal effects (including rain) in caves, but it progresses slower. 

As noted above.  

Even in Ruins you can find resources, but it never hurts to bring additional.

Respectfully, Caves and Ruins are for advanced playing even more than the Reign of Giants, add on. If you are still having difficulty with seasons, you may want to get tips on how to survive those basics before doing any caving.

And it's unlikely therefore they will "fix" this advanced playing style caving in an advanced playing style add on as it's working as intended for advanced players. 

Finally, this is dealing with Reign of Giants questions and suggestions, not basic Don't Starve. Since none of this is a Bug and now falls under suggestions/feedback where this is moved.

Ok truthseeker, thanks for the feedback. =)

But I do think that this overheating feature occurring in caves is a really pain in the ***, like a said before, they should turn this feature off (not necessarily the only way to solve this problem) when on caves, just like in real life, you can't get too hot in a cave.

Also, in caves it depends a lot on the types of terrain that the world generates, so it's kinda relative if it's have a lot or a few availability of resources down there. Moreover, in caves you have very few access to trees so you can be unprotected from the summer, so it should be (as truthseeker said) a very slower progress to happen (at least on the caves) and depending of the depth you went.

(Sorry for the bad english, btw)

Best time to explore the caves/ruins is in Autumn. You don't need additional gear for the other seasons or carry a ton of fire building items. It limits you're time for being down there but it's possible to map out an entire cave or ruin and have some time left over for surface world exploring. Of course, you have to run thru the cave like a crazy man/woman to get it mapped out.

And if you want it turned off, just play an Unchecked RoG Box game of course. (Also no rot/starvation for Crockpot/Drying Rack food and trapped animals.)

I don't want it "unchecked"... I just wanted to know why rabbits can die from starvation in the same way that you can't hide from the sun in a cave. xD

and no new bosses/creatures, features and items. edit (and enjoy fun from wasting cheap and cool dlc by finding it too hard)

Who said I found it hard? I never said that. =)

I'm just giving my own opinion about this feature. And I related the rabbits dying from starvation 'cause this feature made the game look more realistic, that was a good move by Klei, but no one get too hot in caves. That's what I'm trying to say. xD

Given that summer is extremely annoying but doesn't offer any challenge besides sitting in a side base hoping your world doesn't spontaneously combust, it almost seems reasonable to escape into caves to avoid overheating. I wouldn't complain if summer just was "that season you spend in caves".

In fact, the Australian city of Coober Pedy is built largely underground explicitly to avoid the heat of the outback. 

Personally, I think that caves should nullify most of Summer's seasonal effects, but be colder than

the surface during Winter, and that the Ruins, being down so deep, should be exempt from seasonal

effects altogether. And come on, how can it RAIN INSIDE A CAVE, anyway? Maybe bit of dripping

moisture during Spring, but there should not be STORMS in CAVES.

I mean, it's not like there aren't enough downsides to living underground. Is perpetual night, giant

man-eating worms and swarms of bats not enough of a tradeoff? The only real advantage I can think

of is that there aren't any cave giants, but personally I think that larger packs of Depth Worms more

than make up for it.

Archived