Switching The Throne

Huh? Why wouldn't the other characters be able to greet you at the start of each Adventure Mode level? They're in the same position as Maxwell, after all.

'It will change you, like it did me.'

Just because the characters wouldn't do something like that currently doesn't mean that they won't, later.

'What year is it out there? Time moves differently here.'

Just because it's been XX days for the one returning from the throne doesn't mean it couldn't have been centuries for the one on the throne. I mean, over the course of adventure mode (spoiler)[we see Maxwell deteriorate from his usual dapper self to a raving monster and then to a wasted-away has-been.] I certainly got the impression that a lot more time was passing for him than for me while I was in adventure mode.

Personally, I'd love to see what the other characters are like at the 'height' of their time on the throne. I'd like to see how they've changed, not to mention seeing them shown in a bit more detail, as Maxwell the NPC is.

Buuuut, all this has given me another idea, which I will perhaps give it's own thread.

Huh? Why wouldn't the other characters be able to greet you at the start of each Adventure Mode level? They're in the same position as Maxwell, after all.

'It will change you, like it did me.'

Just because the characters wouldn't do something like that currently doesn't mean that they won't, later.

'What year is it out there? Time moves differently here.'

Just because it's been XX days for the one returning from the throne doesn't mean it couldn't have been centuries for the one on the throne. I mean, over the course of adventure mode (spoiler)[we see Maxwell deteriorate from his usual dapper self to a raving monster and then to a wasted-away has-been.] I certainly got the impression that a lot more time was passing for him than for me while I was in adventure mode.

Personally, I'd love to see what the other characters are like at the 'height' of their time on the throne. I'd like to see how they've changed, not to mention seeing them shown in a bit more detail, as Maxwell the NPC is.

Buuuut, all this has given me another idea, which I will perhaps give it's own thread.

If we're also talking about doing different adventure mode maps based on who's on the throne, then that'd be interesting. If it's just text, I'm still meh/unimpressed/neutral about the idea.

If we're also talking about doing different adventure mode maps based on who's on the throne, then that'd be interesting.

That's my other idea, which I just gave its own thread. In a much more long-winded fashion of course.

Archived