[HALLOWEEN CHALLENGE] (Mod Collab) Waverly, the bewitched

Thanks ^^  I will implement it right now again.

@ElAguilarAnd thanks for the *.psd as well! Having that I'll create the saveslot, portrait and sillouhette if that's okay for you?
Also, sooner or later we will need a big portrait. Do you want to do that? It won't be a big deal if it's not done by release.

Also, the PSD I sent you is a bigger size. So you'd have to size it down to save, if you need to make any more adjustments

Sure ^^ Already did that. I'll also have to adjust the position of the head_side sprite. IT's slightly off the head_side_hat sprite. But I'll manage all  ; )

I have to head to work, so I won't be available till later tonight. Isn't the portrait already done though? (the pic from wiki)

I'm completely fine with you doing those. :-)

The portrait from the wiki? Is there a big portrait? The small ones I'd rather do with your artwork, so that everything fits fine  ; )  And as I said, it doesn't have to be finished on release.

@TheDanaAddams I have a question for you, or rather for the person who converts your images. For me all images in the main menu of every mod show up black, except for your Link bigportrait (the saveslot and small portrait are black). What is the magic that was used to acchieved that? Because I would really like to have the same magic for this mod.

2. Didn't happen to me, I'll have to see what the problem is.

I should've probably said that it happened after killing Waverly once AND reloading.

And here are the redone quotes:

NEWSTRINGS = {

RECIPE_DESC = {

WAND = "Amaze your friends!",

SPELLTOME = "A lower-tier necronomicon",

},

NAMES = {

WAVERLYMOB = "Waverly",

WAVERLYWAND = "Waverly's Familiar",

WAVERLYHOUSE = "Waverly's Hut",

WAND = "Witches Wand",

MAGICWOOD_TWIGS = "Shiny Twigs",

MAGICWOOD_BARK = "Slippery Bark",

MAGICWOOD_EYE = "Staring Eyeball",

SPELLTOME = "Cursed Tome",

WEEPINGWILLOW = "The Weeping Willow",

RAGECROW = "Dark Crow",

GRAVESHOVEL = "Gravediggers Dream",

},

CHARACTERS = {

GENERIC = {

DESCRIBE = {

WAVERLYMOB = "She's definitely NOT a clearly insane individual.",

WAVERLYWAND = "Magic is so unexplainable.",

WAVERLYHOUSE = "I could use a house.",

WAND = "It has a myriad of uses. Mostly magic.",

MAGICWOOD_TWIGS = "They're glowy!",

MAGICWOOD_BARK = "It seems to have a will of its own.",

MAGICWOOD_EYE = "It looks at me strangely",

SPELLTOME = "It contains incantations in an unknown language.",

WEEPINGWILLOW =

{

BURNING = "It looks a mite ticked off at me.",

BURNT = "The solution for magic was fire.",

CHOPPED = "A wooden gravestone.",

GENERIC = "So the trees DO have ears. And eyes.",

},

RAGECROW = "It's fueled by pain and confusion.",

GRAVESHOVEL = "It's not feeling good",

},

},

WILLOW = {

DESCRIBE = {

WAVERLYMOB = "What a crazy old bag.",

WAVERLYWAND = "I could use this.",

WAVERLYHOUSE = "I wish I knew how to build one of those.",

WAND = "Do I look like a wizard?",

MAGICWOOD_TWIGS = "They glow like embers.",

MAGICWOOD_BARK = "It seems ready to bite.",

MAGICWOOD_EYE = "It stares with burning eyes.",

SPELLTOME = "It contains utter gibberish.",

WEEPINGWILLOW =

{

BURNING = "I told you I'd set you on fire.",

BURNT = "That was a forest fire to remember.",

CHOPPED = " It can't stare at me now.",

GENERIC = "Let's see it stare like that on fire!",

},

RAGECROW = "An angry little bird.",

GRAVESHOVEL = "Reminds me of my cousin Danpi.",

},

},

WOLFGANG = {

DESCRIBE = {

WAVERLYMOB = "Mother?",

WAVERLYWAND = "Wolfgang's might has no need for magic!",

WAVERLYHOUSE = "House? Wolfgang doesn't need house!",

WAND = "Wolfgang likes the way it sparkles.",

MAGICWOOD_TWIGS = "Sparkly!",

MAGICWOOD_BARK = "Looks like wood.",

MAGICWOOD_EYE = "Lowly tree challenges Wolfgang with his eyes!",

SPELLTOME = "Wolfgang doesn't understand the funny words.",

WEEPINGWILLOW =

{

BURNING = "Vine trees be hating on Wolfgang! Tree be dead now!",

BURNT = "Wolfgang can get magic charcoal now.",

CHOPPED = "Magic tree no match for Wolfgang!",

GENERIC = "Sad tree reminds Wolfgang of home.",

},

RAGECROW = "Mad birdie!",

GRAVESHOVEL = "Wolfgang has angry shovel.",

},

},

WOODIE = {

DESCRIBE = {

WAVERLYMOB = "First person I meet, and she's evil. Weird, eh?",

WAVERLYWAND = "A glorified toothpick.",

WAVERLYHOUSE = "A rustic abode.",

WAND = "It's magic, you know.",

MAGICWOOD_TWIGS = "Sorry, pal! You were just so choppable.",

MAGICWOOD_BARK = "Creepy, eh?",

MAGICWOOD_EYE = "Stop staring!",

SPELLTOME = "Is this written in yasastainian?",

WEEPINGWILLOW =

{

BURNING = "Now I can't chop it down! What was I thinking?",

BURNT = "It is choppable.",

CHOPPED = "I have become the first person to destroy a magic tree?",

GENERIC = "Another tree to chop down!",

},

RAGECROW = "Seems a mite evil.",

GRAVESHOVEL = "A shovel for the dead.",

},

},

WICKERBOTTOM = {

DESCRIBE = {

WAVERLYMOB = "She's as old as me.",

WAVERLYWAND = "I've heard of this in a storybook once.",

WAVERLYHOUSE = "A house.",

WAND = "A weapon dreamed up in the 18th century.",

MAGICWOOD_TWIGS = "It's covered with luminescent paint.",

MAGICWOOD_BARK = "Its a... thing.",

MAGICWOOD_EYE = "It has stupendously enlarged pupils.",

SPELLTOME = "It isn't even written in actual language.",

WEEPINGWILLOW =

{

BURNING = "It looks at me with evil retinas.",

BURNT = "Charcoal.",

CHOPPED = "The remains of a salix babylonica.",

GENERIC = "Its a... thing.",

},

RAGECROW = "A cursed redbird.",

GRAVESHOVEL = "I don't like to dig graves.",

},

},

WENDY = {

DESCRIBE = {

WAVERLYMOB = "Evil is typical within humanity.",

WAVERLYWAND = "Used for glorified necromancy.",

WAVERLYHOUSE = "Where evil rests.",

WAND = "Witchcraft at best.",

MAGICWOOD_TWIGS = "They shimmer with evil power.",

MAGICWOOD_BARK = "It contains hate towards life, even when dead.",

MAGICWOOD_EYE = ""T containing the curse of sight,

SPELLTOME = "Written during the depths of insanity.",

WEEPINGWILLOW =

{

BURNING = "It looks at me with eyes full of fire.",

BURNT = "It had to stop burning eventually.",

CHOPPED = "It is useless now.",

GENERIC = "A glorified mutant.",

},

RAGECROW = "It feels unimaginable hatred.",

GRAVESHOVEL = "Who would want to use this?",

},

},

WX78 = {

DESCRIBE = {

WAVERLYMOB = "SUBJECT IS HIGHLY DISRESPECTFUL.",

WAVERLYWAND = "I HAVE NO QUARRELS WITH IT'S EFFECTS.",

WAVERLYHOUSE = "HUMANS AND THEIR NEED FOR SECURITY. ALMOST PITIFUL.",

WAND = "IT CONTAINS LARGE AMOUNTS OF STATIC.",

MAGICWOOD_TWIGS = "WHY WON'T IT DIE ALREADY?",

MAGICWOOD_BARK = "IT CONTAINS AN UNIDENTIFIED AURA.",

MAGICWOOD_EYE = "STOP STARING AT ME.",

SPELLTOME = "TRANSLATION DRIVE FAILED.",

WEEPINGWILLOW =

{

BURNING = "HILARIOUS.",

BURNT = "EVEN ENCHANTED LIFEFORMS CAN DIE.",

CHOPPED = "IT CANNOT HARM ME ANY LONGER.",

GENERIC = "A FAILED TREEGUARD.",

},

RAGECROW = "IT SHARES MY HATRED OF LIFE.",

GRAVESHOVEL = "A SHOVEL FOR HIDING BODIES.",

},

},

WAXWELL = {

DESCRIBE = {

WAVERLYMOB = "I don't remember klei mentioning this.",

WAVERLYWAND = "A... safer way of gaining allies.",

WAVERLYHOUSE = "I wish I had one of those.",

WAND = "Not as bad as most types of magic.",

MAGICWOOD_TWIGS = "They glow.",

MAGICWOOD_BARK = "A magic strip of bark.",

MAGICWOOD_EYE = "Stop looking at me like that.",

SPELLTOME = "What is this? Does this even mean anything?",

WEEPINGWILLOW =

{

BURNING = "Being a tree has disadvantages.",

BURNT = "It couldn't put itself out.",

CHOPPED = "Magic always goes wrong.",

GENERIC = "That's an odd tree.",

},

RAGECROW = "What a homopath.",

GRAVESHOVEL = "A fancy way of gravedigging.",

},

},

WAVERLY = {

DESCRIBE = {

WAVERLYMOB = "Alright, who cloned me?",

WAVERLYWAND = "It summons therapy pets.",

WAVERLYHOUSE = "Hut, sweet hut.",

WAND = "Alakazoobie!",

MAGICWOOD_TWIGS = "They shimmer with magic.",

MAGICWOOD_BARK = "It shimmers with magic.",

MAGICWOOD_EYE = "Sorry, my friend",

SPELLTOME = "It contains all my learnt spells.",

WEEPINGWILLOW =

{

BURNING = "Somebody, put it out!",

BURNT = "I miss the fella.",

CHOPPED = "Why did I have to kill him?",

GENERIC = "He's a friend of mine.",

},

RAGECROW = "A crow of maliculous insanity.",

GRAVESHOVEL = "Now I can be more like Danpi!",

},

},

},

}

return NEWSTRINGS

@TheDanaAddams I have a question for you, or rather for the person who converts your images. For me all images in the main menu of every mod show up black, except for your Link bigportrait (the saveslot and small portrait are black). What is the magic that was used to acchieved that? Because I would really like to have the same magic for this mod.

I'm not sure... and I can't remember which of my friends I asked to convert that one specifically...

I guess the only thing I can think of is that I used the version of the bigportrait template that has power-of-two dimensions and an xml atlas... but I'm not sure why that would make a difference.

I think it was converted with DXT5 compression... so I guess my suggestion would be to try using the newer bigportrait template, and DXT5 compression.

The people I got to convert the images didn't do anything fancy, I know that much...

If that doesn't work... uh... you could try batting your eyelashes and pouting at it a little? Always worked with an ex-girlfriend of mine. xD

I'm not sure... and I can't remember which of my friends I asked to convert that one specifically...

I guess the only thing I can think of is that I used the version of the bigportrait template that has power-of-two dimensions and an xml atlas... but I'm not sure why that would make a difference.

I think it was converted with DXT5 compression... so I guess my suggestion would be to try using the newer bigportrait template, and DXT5 compression.

The people I got to convert the images didn't do anything fancy, I know that much...

hmmm, there seems to be some problem with my PC then (I hope) I'll upload the mod as is I guess and then see what people say.

If that doesn't work... uh... you could try batting your eyelashes and pouting at it a little? Always worked with an ex-girlfriend of mine. xD

I don't think my eyelashes are seductive enough for that xD

• Developer

Dxt5 supports transparency and  Dxt1 does not so that might be your problem.

Dxt5 supports transparency and  Dxt1 does not so that might be your problem.

Just got feedback, the problem is definately my pc, it works for KidneyBeanBoy. Damn my PC! And I also have a question below.

This is looking really cool guys! I'm definitely looking forward to seeing the final product. (Or at least the submitted product.) :razz:

Thanks  ^^, I guess we'll submit tomorrow. It's basically done.

Now that I have the attention of two competent coders I'd like to ask you something. When I save the game it ocassionaly exits the game completely. With no error whatsoever, neither ingame nor in the log.txt. The same happens when using the Ctrl-R debugkey. Do you have any clue what that could be? I'm asking experience wise.

• Developer

Just got feedback, the problem is definately my pc, it works for KidneyBeanBoy. Damn my PC! And I also have a question below.

Thanks  ^^, I guess we'll submit tomorrow. It's basically done.

Now that I have the attention of two competent coders I'd like to ask you something. When I save the game it ocassionaly exits the game completely. With no error whatsoever, neither ingame nor in the log.txt. The same happens when using the Ctrl-R debugkey. Do you have any clue what that could be? I'm asking experience wise.

That basically means the game is crashing.  If you look in your 'dont_starve' directory, it should generate a .mdmp file that we could take a look at to see what's going on.  

• Developer

It's a crash dump which shows you information about what the program was doing when it crashed.  You could open it with something like Visual Studio but you wouldn't see anything useful without another file which contains the 'symbols' which doesn't ship with the game.  All you would see if you opened it is a bunch of hex numbers :).

It's a crash dump which shows you information about what the program was doing when it crashed.  You could open it with something like Visual Studio but you wouldn't see anything useful without another file which contains the 'symbols' which doesn't ship with the game.  All you would see if you opened it is a bunch of hex numbers :-).

Well then you have fun with it  :D

Alright i'm in the process of fixing things in Aguilar's Waverly atlas because there's a few mistakes that make her look sort of bugged in-game. Here's a list of errors in the atlas:

1. Waverly's head and hair is not separated in different parts of the atlas. (I can't really fix that)

2. Parts of Waverly's hair that are not being used in certain states (side head) are being shown in some states (front head)

3. The blinking front and side, and talking animations are misaligned and also look buggy ingame, part of this is because you made Waverly move her mouth when blinking.

4. Waverly's head is too high, enough so that it separates from the rest of the body by a small space.

5. There seems to be some style-changing in some sequenced animations in the atlas, did you draw each face separately instead of copying, pasting and modyfing in things like the blinking sequence?

I'm going to try to fix these errors by careful manipulation of the atlas parts, in some of them i will have to draw new things so it aligns with the rest (for example the talking sequence), is that okay, ElAguilar?

I have a bug to report:

Whenever you start up a previous save file, you get teleported to the willow wherever you were before. This kinda killed be because I had a bunch of tentacles near where I spawned, which made my Spideypoo lose it's loyalty to me.

Also the game crashes when you eat the willow eyeball. That might be the problem, but it also could have been Waverly's narcolepsy. Looking into this now.

EDIT: It was the eyeball. And also, Interestingly enough, the game sometimes doesn't tp you to the willow at all.

Btw, @Malacath , I'm not sure if I said this before, but could you add the mod to the "Downloads" part of the forums? We can't submit it without it being there.

EDIT: It was the eyeball. And also, Interestingly enough, the game sometimes doesn't tp you to the willow at all.

Btw, @Malacath , I'm not sure if I said this before, but could you add the mod to the "Downloads" part of the forums? We can't submit it without it being there.

I can add it tehre as soon as possible.

And about the eyeball... you know the deal... When you want to "submit" a bug I need a log. In this case again, I don't have a problem with the eyebal so I can't reproduce it.

EDIT: I uploaded the mod here so you can submit as soon as you're ready to go. I ssaume we can still fix some bugs when it's submitted.

• Developer

I can add it tehre as soon as possible.

And about the eyeball... you know the deal... When you want to "submit" a bug I need a log. In this case again, I don't have a problem with the eyebal so I can't reproduce it.

EDIT: I uploaded the mod here so you can submit as soon as you're ready to go. I ssaume we can still fix some bugs when it's submitted.

You can bug fix it up till the deadline :).

You can bug fix it up till the deadline :-).

Great!

Also it magically fixed the crashing when saving the game  :D  I have no clue what it was, I'm quite sure I just removed the woodines of a food the wasn't woody... but that should serioulsy not be such a big deal.

Archived