Attacks not connecting due to slower attack speed

Pennies
  • Pending

With lag compensation changed the change in attack speed doesn’t allow hits to connect anymore. I am playing with zero ping and on my own server and no matter how close I am to the knight I can’t land a hit at all and have to chase the target down. I am a wigfrid main and most of my friends play wigfrid, we noticed the change and wanted to submit a bug report to fix the issue please, this is really affecting our ability to fight anything…

Steps to Reproduce

Attempt to kite enemy, and attack will not land. 

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1
  • Health 1
  • Sad Dupe 1

User Feedback

16 minutes ago, . . . said:

I had this bug happen to me as well very annoying and dumb

Almost all my friends said they noticed the different and they felt slower… I didn’t try this with bosses but I will do more testing later on :’c

Share this comment

I first thought this was related to an issue I reported recently where the initial attack sometimes wouldn't connect, but turns out, it's really just the attack speed here. Still leaving that report in the bottom though, just in case the developer team decides to look into the issues regarding attacks and targets as a whole.

I hope whatever is causing the attack and action speeds to be this low gets addressed as quickly as possible, since it's just too annoying to play the game like this. The issue seems minor on paper, but I think the video does a good job at showing it's relevant enough.

• Health 1

Share this comment

The best thing to do would be to just keep attacks consistent.
But it may be much harder to do that than expected with lag and latency as well as frame drops.
before it used to speed up to make up damage loss due to lag.  Kind of like an over compensation.  It worked a bit more that way because usually the attack would be more consistent with the speed that was generated for the game.
It feels like the tick on which the attack happens can have 1 less or more tick in the games run speed.

• Sad Dupe 1

Share this comment

Attack speed seems to be fluctuating between 0.466-0.500 seconds instead of the former 0.433-0.466. Additionally, with lag compensation on and no remote_authority permissions, attacks seem to get as slow as 0.533s.

• Like 2
  • Health 1

Share this comment

46 minutes ago, qwertyxavier904 said:

So this is why im missing attacks now...

Yes, we are barely faster than beefalo attack speed now :’c

• Like 3

Share this comment

On 1/23/2023 at 6:36 AM, HowlVoid said:

It's here boys, the un-quality of life update.

You joke but these changes seem intentional for some insane reason.

So yep an un-quality of life update indeed.

Edited by ALCRD
  • Sad Dupe 1

Share this comment

This is a pretty significant and important bug, and I want it fixed, so in case anything was missed, what this bug is and how it can be reproduced in simple easy steps:

1) Have "Lag compensation" turned on.

2) Go into game, find some spiders or spawn a spider queen.

3) Hold "f" vs spiders. This means hold "f" and do not let go of "f".

4) Notice about a fifth to a tenth of the attacks do not correctly visually land on the target. You have to experience it to see it and understand it.

5) Proceed to get weirded out by this unusual behavior in attack animation not finishing correctly / not landing correctly.

This is an important bug and I hope it gets addressed with a fix soon, or if not, hope we get some developer feedback on this bug in near future.

Share this comment