All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I tried to change the font size in constants.lua and I succeeded, but some fonts do not change, such as "Press F8 to send feedback!" or Frenzy Levels. are there any other strings that are responsible for font size other than data_scripts.zip\scripts\localizations?
  3. I'd have to disagree here simply due to the high level of inconvenience she places on the player compared to other follower characters but if they solved that aspect I feel like she'd be a really good character even if she only got minor additions on her skill tree. As for the inconveniences it mainly comes from her interactions with followers as she is the only character currently who has to micromanage her followers without the tools to do so. First is accessibility of her merms since they can't change shards the convenience they offer when it comes to traveling is limited as you'll need to put far more thought into shard changes than any other character with many just opting to use them purely for fighting or home tasks. Next is management of merms you cannot call merms out of their homes or pull them out of fights or disassembling things you don't want them in meaning you feel a great sense of helplessness in these situations with the only option being running away before irreparable damage is done. To add on to this point a previous update made it so follower merms run away from her which was done to help people get merms out of the way when building but this came with the consequence that taking advantage of her group recruitment ability nearly impossible before getting merm guards who have a massive recruitment range by default. Finally while more of a minor thing she has no perk to aid in her collection of fish despite fish being a somewhat important part of her character is inconvenient considering they don't stack and if you want to make use of the merm king's loot table or normal merm huts you'll need to do a lot of fishing or merm murder. Again I don't feel like Wurt is a bad character or anything but she is the least convenient of the follower characters by a landslide and it really can drag down the experience on a character who already asks players to put in a ton of work to access her full potential.
  4. people usually shame on others for cheating anyway getting stuff for getting revived and weapons and armor and healing isn't fun nor hard, that's a waste of time, that's like saying that people should restart after dying to learn how to fight fuelweaver or otherwise they've cheated and are doing it wrong getting stuff for fighting the boss is never the hard part or it doesn't get consumed until the boss dies e.g. shadow atrium and moon altars it isn't, that's just telling people how to practice without unnecessarily wasting time, that's like saying that getting knowledge from a book is cheating because you were supposed to track down it's author and force them to tell you everything that they know how does cheating matter when playing solo and what's cheating, considering that that's available even on consoles unlike console and mods? why is practicing through a test world or rolling back bad? who do you hurt by doing that? what does it make easier other than not falling asleep when practicing because of not needing to waste time on doing easy stuff to get stuff that you need for learning?
  5. Today
  6. What do you mean? how the hell else do I convert two trunks and two potatoes into 37 hunger and 40 health?
  7. It's armor interactions like these that I love to see and discover in the game. Nice tip!
  8. oh i'm dum i thought i was in the don't starve session, mah bad, then yeah i will actually like more slots
  9. I wasn't shaming people for cheating, though I do understand what reaction the C word causes. Rolling back does matter because you are skipping the part where you lose and have to recover. It is a brutal learning curve when you are trying to sus out what the boss mechanics even are or how to best tackle them, a process made way easier when you rollback until you never lose. Defending a boss by advocating for save scumming is advocating for cheating. I didn't say bosses who require practice should get reworked. I said bosses who people defend by advocating cheating should.
  10. this community has a massive problem with mob mentality so I don't think this is a valid metric, a lot of people also think fuelweaver is poorly designed while it's the best boss in the game in my opinion
  11. It's crazy that you don't have that experience... And that's great, huh! Maybe you don't kitte and that's why you don't realize ^^' regarding the ofw, I'll explain... I have the game purchased for Nintendo Switch, so when I play with my console without the unlock, I can play with my game that is linked to Steam, so I have all the DLC characters and my skins, I exported this save and loaded it into cfw to play Don't Starve Together at 60fps, if it wasn't for the fact that it's locked at 30 because... Xdxd, I would play it on ofw, but as I say, I have online and paid play
  12. the point was that saying "no, it's fun" as a response to "it's not fun" is pointless without a further explanation, the stuff mentioned in the message after that was unrelated to why they'd likely think that it's not fun since CK having slightly lower effective hp because of damage that got dealt to claws being also dealt to him is mostly irrelevant to how'd you fight it since it's only around 500 damage per claw and ramming damage being higher with higher speed is mostly irrelevant since you'd have high speed because of coming back from far away anyway
  13. Don't Starve, Shipwrecked, Nintendo Switch - I entered the Volcano in the middle of the first (mild) season. When I exited, screen turned red, dry season started it's usual cycle w rains of burning rocks, overheating, etc.
  14. So does any other opinion, including yours. If subjectivity makes opinions worthless then why bother using the forums at all?
  15. I have also emphasized this point, the advantage of the Moon Flame lies in its high versatility in daily life. And Shadow Fire leans more towards monomers. If it's a group situation, the moon fire is definitely stronger than the shadow fire, which is beyond doubt. But when it comes to the DPS of a single unit, even with an Enlightened Crown, Moon Fire cannot be higher than Shadow Fire. Shadow Fire can compensate for normal damage, and ideally, it can achieve an attack multiplier of 1.75 times, including cooldown time (this damage is simply added to Dark Sword's damage, not including Enlightened Crown. If Enlightened Crown is added, this damage will be even higher). However, with the blessing of Enlightened Crown, the Moon Fire cannot achieve such output.The attack frequency of Moon Fire is too high, and Willow's own sanity cannot withstand it. We can only supplement our sanity by eating, which indirectly wastes our output.
  16. I'm so sorry you are having to deal with the stalking and impersonation. I agree that it's gone past the point of greifing. I just wish there was a way to help you and that these situations didn't occur in the first place. I just don't get it and it makes me incredibly sad. I have no idea how something like that could be proved by Klei without seeing it first hand, I don't have the knowledge set to even guess. In all honesty I could be talking with your impersonator right now if he chose to make this post instead of you and I'd have no clue. This breaks my heart and I hope they can come up with a solution. I do agree a permanent ID # attached to screen names would go far in determining who's who. Then the whole switch community could make informed decisions on who's the actual problem. I hope all this works out for you!
  17. making test worlds or rolling back for practicing a boss is entirely fine and there are no issues with that, that's not cheating, no one should care about if you learned to fight FW by spending 10 amulets in a throwaway world or rolling back or setting up a test world, that's irrelevant and shaming on people for that or trying to make it seem like something bad is odd so any boss that requires practice should get reworked? should all bosses just revive you and despawn after you die so rollbacks aren't needed, or should they all be extremely easy so you'll be able to do all of them 1st try and quit from boredom? getting a lot of stuff for practicing a hard and fun fight is boring and killing a boss 1st try is boring, so good bosses don't exist if you're playing without practicing
  18. My comment wasn't really about needing to gain experience to overcome a boss. It was a sarcastic remark implying firstly that criticisms of Crab King don't matter because you can cheat to get your resources back by rolling back, which enables you to retry over and over at no cost. Part of a boss's difficulty is how punishing the loss against them is. Rolling back until you can reliably kill the boss masks that difficulty and shouldn't be regarded as a part of the game anymore than mods are. The second part of my comment was implying that cheating the game this way will make a player feel jaded, which is meant as a warning. A player who does this may start to think thoughts like, "Why does Klei keep trying to make the game easy when I barely feel challenged?", "Why do people want a boss nerfed when I have to fight it while operating the mouse and keyboard with my feet just to keep it from being boring?", or "What does anything in this game matter if I can conjure an excuse to cheat gameplay I dislike?" Normally I refrain from using the C word to describe save scumming, as telling people they cheat implies they should stop and I don't really care if people save scum. I just don't want save scummers advocating for save scumming in defence of a boss. That should be the implicating evidence that a boss needs a rework and why I lampooned it!
  19. it isn't, claws' hp when playing without damage multipliers is the only issue, which is a number that could easily get changed subjective
  20. 1. Is starting from scratch a bad thing when the baseline is so atrocious? Sure, maybe the fights not AS bad as a lot of people make it out to be; you two seem to have it down pat after all; but it's still a pretty poorly designed fight at the end of the day. 2. Nah, the fights fun. I've done it a hand full of times myself. There are just a few things that don't really come across in that video, like ramming damage being based on speed, or destroying the imposing claws dealing damage to CK equal to their max HP. My only real problem with the fight ATM is the dependency on Canons and thus the Moon Quey. But if you can fight Fuelweaver without needing a weather pain or brightshade staff, then you can fight CK without cannons.
  21. isn't that the guy that said that a boy scout gaining sanity in forests is nonsensical and that walter is bad because that's apparently making him unplayable? why would you listen to him, assuming that it's just subjective stuff like "imo not fun", since i haven't seen anyone name any reasons except getting ice staves and weather pains and using them isn't fun even though it isn't required? i meant that people should start looking for better strats if the strats that they know are inefficient or not fun instead of complaining that's why i said that the community should get fixed instead of the game, people are using inefficient and unfun strats and complaining about them even though they don't need to, why not use oars and bees instead of ice staves and weather pains? why not use bramble husk/abigail/catapults/bramble traps/lure FW away from woven shadows, dodge bone cage and eat insanity food instead of using weather pains/brightshade staff, lazy explorer and nightmare amulet to not have issues with inventory management? why not use ice staves/a damage multiplier for lavaes instead of a wall? why not use abigail/moose/catapults/bramble husk/bunnymen/tentacles/merms/spiders/scare song/lunar fire/ignite all enemies nearby spell instead of pan flutes for BQ? both are bad, although old was better because it didn't require spending time on doing something extremely easy and boring, could've at least put something onto F button and went afk
  22. i'm not saying that she is better than maxwell, he can do the same as wurt but in way less time (he literally needs 5 seconds to summon his puppets) talking about bosses... i kill them slowly, but take in consideration that in two years i manage to kill fuelweaver and cc.
  23. It seems the skins are being sent out in a separate email and we are being told that those are going out next week.
  24. while that method is valid, i've seen online criticism for them for being unfun or too resource intensive from ppl like freddo films. and unless Klei fundamentally believes the crab king fight is necessary the way it is, if a majority of the playerbase doesn't like it and has valid criticisms of the fight then they should at least address these claims rather than "fix the community", which is a bandaid fix and won't change anyones mind. what is a necessary change or what needs to be accepted by the playerbase is debatable but should at least be accessed by klei. all the methods you list for toadstool, fuelweaver, and beequeen are literally the textbook ways that ppl do these fights. how is that invalid? almost every content creator, casual player, etc, uses those methods. it might be you in the minority here which is not a bad thing but i wanna put this in perspective. i can see if you don't like the new ag fight, but i can't see it being preferrable to the previous one, where the only thing you could do was cheese or go through an incredibly slow fight that requires a lot of speed boosts. but to each their own.
  25. Floracrane's Divebeak doesn't count as an attack, therefore it gains additional damage from lil' schemer perk infinitely, and you should not be able to dodge out of the stun after doing the attack because that enables spamming it. Example:
  1. Load more activity