All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Perhaps the shadows and nightmare stuff were simply a dead end to wagstaff or were unable to do what he wanted. In base DS, wagstaff’s quote for the nightmare throne is “I've found it! The portal that can link worlds! The throne of ultimate power!!” yet obviously we know wagstaff never uses the throne. This is because he’s not stupid; he knows if he tried to use it he’d be locked up and powerless just like maxwell and Wilson. To wagstaff, lunar magic can do everything nightmare magic can but without the limitations; remember that overuse of nightmare magic not only ruined maxwell but also ruined the ancients.
  3. What I see is that Wanda enchanted a lot of people when it was released, but due to the number of disadvantages, being a purchased character and the character's very slow progress, the majority continued with Wolfgang, Wigfrid, etc. Many who played Wanda only started the world with Wolfgang and switched to Wanda after 200 days of playing (Glermz, Thalz, etc.). Then came the Wofgang rework, it became more powerful, with new features and lost the real disadvantage it had (hunger punishment). So many who used Wanda after 200 days of playing realized that there was no longer any advantage. Then came Wolfgang's skill tree, burying any interest in Wanda once and for all. Wolfgang then became even more powerful. An adamantium cannon. To make matters worse, another of Wanda's strong points would be teleportation. Then Wortox was improved to teleport anywhere on the map. Then, Frostjaw appears in the game and has cheap teleportation in the ocean (which is the only place in the game where teleportation has a real advantage).
  4. exactly the point, the price of 510 dps time freeze is fun to mess around with too imo 2024-05-04 15-25-10.mp4
  5. Let's do a quick calculation here. Currently, elderly Wanda has approximately 38 life bars (age 65) and her life drops during combat over time. She is already a slave to the armor that gives 95% protection. With the age reduction in half, it would drop to 19 life bars. Ancient Guardian deals 100 damage. Wanda could no longer use any armor that gave 80% protection, as a single damage would give 20 and she has 19 health. To make matters worse, she will also receive double damage. So the Ancient Guardian's real damage will be 200. So, even a Thulecite crown (90%) will make the character take 20 damage and die instantly.
  6. I'm sorry about that. I really hope you get whatever support you need. You're awesome, remember that. It's interesting to me how so many people of different backgrounds relate to WX. I'm on the spectrum as well (DST is my special interest, if it wasn't already obvious given the 8,600-word essay, LOL), and I find it really interesting seeing others' perspectives on the character and why they like them. I've found a lot of neurodivergent people like them, although exactly why can differ a lot. I don't know, I just like how so many people can relate to the same charcter. As Uedo said, you're great, thank you for sharing your perspective. :> As PunkShark said, the house is probably Wagstaff's (potentially WX's, it's hard to say). Unless one of them killed someone, the most logical explanation to me is that it's WX's old body. It's not canon though, just a theory. Actually, I find it really interesting how so many people came to the same conclusion about the skeleton. I remember coming to that conclusion on my own, and then when I discussed it with others, I found most others thought the same thing. I don't mean that to say that I invented the theory or whatever, I just find it interesting how a lot of people got the same idea separately. I actually wasn't aware he won it in an auction! I kind of assumed he just, like, moved in for some reason. That's interesting, TYSM for sharing. Thank you! I'm definitely overthinking it, especially with certain characters, I'm not going to deny that, XD. I do think looking at all the characters analytically can be fun, and for some of them, there's a lot to analyze. For others, of course, there's less, but that was fun for me to write, too. A lot of this was for fun (I know that writing an essay isn't most people's idea of fun, but I enjoyed it), so a lot of this is just me overcomplicating it. That being said, I've appreciated everyone else's analyses, they've helped me with looking at these characters. I'll be honest, I had some trouble writing certain sections. WX's was hard because I had so much to say, and I feel like I missed a lot with them, even though I wrote so much. I might return to them later, who knows. I don't think my analysis is perfect by any means, and it's definitely changing the more I learn. Thank you so much!
  7. then read that i'm not suggesting for the devs to replace current wanda with that, since the idea is to increase risk and reward, since atm there's little of both, wolfgang has healing and 291 dps, wanda has infinite passive healing and 268 dps, modded wanda has no healing during fights so effectively 93.75 hp for the fight if using 90% armor and 510 dps people play the game for fun, not bragging, and it's easier to do fights as current wanda in comparison to wolfgang if anything
  8. I was simply discouraged from reading the rest of what you wrote when you wanted to limit the character's "life" by half, taking double the damage and with only one way to heal. Maxwell has 75 health, but he doesn't need to do direct combat with the giants, as he has the prison and the minions. Wes has 75 health, but has access to all types of cures in the game, making it very easy to recover this little health. Wanda's current damage is already very good for all classic monsters. Wanda's big nerf was in the planar system and that's what I believe Klei will focus on. It's not just a high damage number that does a good job on a character. There are many other more interesting mechanics like Wormwood's sleep effect.
  9. do you realise that she'll also be able to time freeze enemies, be better than both at resource gathering, keep teleportation and have roughly 510 dps with dark sword?
  10. Today
  11. Wolfgang and Wigfrid increasingly powerful and with excellent defensive systems and I have to read this kind of insanity. I know Klei will have common sense in her rework. People who want to appear to be skilled Wanda players in the Forum need to understand that we need quality work like what was done with Wormwood and not work that simply destroys a character.
  12. Title says it all. We have skins for the Thulecite walls and the Stone walls in the archives, and the Ancient Kiln looks and works just like a crockpot. I dont see why we cant have a skin for it! It looks amazing and would fit perfectly in peoples bases I think. Edit: Not to mention it would fit perfectly with the skins in the Ancient Collection! (the archaic fence, gates, drying rack, tent, gym, etc) Klei Please I am frothing at the mouth for this I will give you my soul
  13. I really liked your essay @WinterWondering. I'm pretty doubtful there is as much thought put into the lore as you have created, but to be honest - things like this help with overall world-shaping for the devs, who knows perhaps Klei see stuff like this and make it cannon, I think the essay makes sense for the motivations of the characters and is generally consistent with the confirmed elements of their psyche. That's really nice of you to share; being different is good - we need people from all backgrounds and walks of life. Just to say though, whilst i'm sure you have good reason for feeling how you feel about people generally - don't let it put you off, people can be lousy at times but I promise there are people you've met/not met who will find you awesome for being you, you're the only you and the pretty valuable dude!
  14. So far it seems like Wagstaff found 3 ways to get into the Constant: The projector: with this one he could easily explore the Constant and get back whenever he wanted and has a heavy distortion effect on him. His portal: this one can actually bring someone to the Constant physically (as seen with WX & Winona). Robert got sucked into it during the accident and that leads us to DS. Maxwell's Door: it was rigged to work with the radio and allow Wagstaff to project himself while also staying in the normal world. I assume the projector didn't allow him to interact very much with the environment, not effectively at least, which is why he wanted to make a better portal, which ended up dragging him into the Constant. In DS (as a playable character) he gets glitchy at low hp, but why? Winona and WX also used that portal and that doesn't happen to them! Since Wagstaff's Door clearly works by physically transporting and not projecting, could it be that Robert surviving in DS happens before the Voxola incident? What if he's still using the projector at the time and gets dragged physically later on in the plot? That could explain the glitching and why he's fearless: the more he gets injured, the further away he steps from the light. This still leaves us with questions when he does end up in the Constant physically, how did he get back? Somehow, Robert returns to the normal world and finds himself legally dead and without a factory anymore, so he goes back to his house, which Wilson has won at an auction in the meantime. There, he finds Maxwell's Door and manages to use that to project himself. At the end of "Interference" we can see that one Wagstaff is working with Wilson while another out-of-frame Wagstaff tunes the radio, which... doesn't actually give us much, it seems more like a technical glimpse into the projecting process. There is still one detail that strikes me as weird: when the grainy transmission in a moonstorm and it passes, Wagstaff says: "Balderdash, my connection is fading!". Is his connection relying on lunar magic? How?
  15. I swear it was funnier in my head... The6humanamulets_1.mp4
  16. I've fixed the speech_bruno error, but there's another issue in your mod. There are many files named Bruno, and you should change them to bruno to avoid unnecessary errors. speech_bruno.lua
  17. I've recently been working on a wanda rework mod that'd turn her into a glass cannon and was curious about if other people have any ideas about what to change/add/remove from both, what she currently has and rework ideas, so if you don't like the rework at all for any reason other than replacing current wanda because it's going to be a mod that you'd need to install, tell that. Wanda: has 75 effective max hp instead of 150, so 1 age is 1.25 hp. takes double damage. all animations including attacking, mining, chopping, crafting etc. are at x1.5 speed, but they get slowed down to x0.5 after you get hit until the damage gets fully absorbed into age meter, walking is x1.2 when young and mid and x1 when old, though. chopping/mining/hammering/digging while mid and old also affects all things that are affected by the same action in a 2 tiles long line in front of you and extends the line from them if they're reached, mostly done so resource gathering isn't as boring because you'll need to look for lines of useful stuff e.g. gold boulders instead of just looking for the closest useful thing. x1.5 shadow stuff damage multiplier while mid and x2.5 when old. Alarming clock: 89 damage when mid, 148 when old. can be prototyped at full ruins crafting station when playing as wanda. Dark sword: 102 damage when mid, 170 when old. can be repaired by using nightmare fuel while in wanda's inventory for 20%. can be prototyped at full ruins crafting station when playing as wanda. Thulecite club: 89 damage when mid, 148 when old. spawns big shadow tentacles that deal 60 damage per hit instead of 34 and have a slightly bigger range, 27.5% chance to spawn when mid and 42.5% when old. Backtrek & rift clocks: can be prototyped at ruins crafting station when playing as wanda. Healing clock: can be put onto the ground and channeled, similarly in comparison to lazy deserter, increasing age by 5 per second. using it when there are enemies within 4 tiles away from you that aren't nightmares/butterflies/birds slows them down to x0.1 speed for 4 seconds if they're a boss or 8 seconds otherwise and puts it on cooldown that's shared with all healing clocks in inventory for 30 seconds instead of healing you. if you're targeted by something or hit or got hit by something during the last 20 seconds and it isn't dead yet and you can't time freeze anything, the clock simply can't be used. works normally otherwise, so you can't heal when fighting or if you have been fighting recently and haven't killed whatever you were fighting with. Backstep clock: teleports you in place so you can more efficiently use it for dodging attacks that are otherwise too inefficient to dodge e.g. bishops' 1st shot that they sometimes do after getting ignited and so you can't use it to get out of bone cage and simplify the fight a lot. If you're worried about needing to waste too much time on bosses that it's more efficient to tank in comparison to dodging their attacks, BQ only requires about 4 minutes, since you can do 5 hits per her attack when using alarming clock. I'm currently still working on the mod, although all ideas that are listed here are already done, so you can try it if you want, although you also need to use Don't Starve Alone mod for it to work for now: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3239034335
  18. I'm well aware that this is not how Klei does skill trees. They won't remove elixirs, they won't remove pipspooks, they will just add bunch of non-meaningful Do This A Little Better and Do This Much Better stuff. And hopefully something interesting too, like Woodie, Wormwood or Willow, and unlike Wolfgang, Wilson and Wigfried. Except that if you lose the original flower, you can craft a new one. I can argue about every change i made, and why it is not bad, but i see no point, cuz of things i said above. I'm just sharing my view of Wendy, and how i would like to see her
  19. Wow, Winona got no replies, yet Wendy changes i made are bustling with activity. Guess people really don't care about poor Winona
  20. probably add more spices and dishes that don't require gardening and can be used during early game like honey spice because gardening is time consuming and usually not really beneficial, it's probably faster to kill all bosses without gardening in comparison to getting pepper, so it's just x1.5 damage multiplier that requires you to go to oasis and is rare and other people might take all ingredients for elding spears/weather pains and it's only situationally x2.5 and if you wait for spring to use it then any other character with fighting perks could've already killed all bosses that you wanted to kill during spring by now
  21. they probably thought that you meant that wilson making the portal allowed maxwell to appear in normal world instead of only being able to talk through radio
  22. Yea, so? I know Wilson is (maybe) supposed to be the last.
  23. I kind of hope he and Charlie were "hidden characters" like Wonkey (provided the programmers fix the mechanics, of course), you can find some magic or science gadget somewhere in the Rift progression arc that will switch your character temporarily or permanently to Wagstaff/Charlie, as part of some task. As key characters they deserve something more special... Although it'll be weird to see the two of them lined up with a monkey on wiki or somewhere.
  24. Okay, it's well known that Warly's biggest problem is he is a swap character who gives all the good to others and keeps all the bad to himself. But after that he has a second problem, which is that many of his advantages depend on specific types of vegetables, and the availability of vegetables is almost completely random. There is little you can do to speed up access to seeds, and little you can do to change the probability that seeds will produce a variety of vegetables. This makes the process of Warly players exercising their abilities very... confused. If you play as Wanda, then you know that you need to go to Ruins to get more materials, if you play as WX-78, then you know that you need to find various mobs. but Warly... just thinking about your every meal and waiting for your chance to come along. There isn't a single thing you need to do, also not a clear advantage you can do for your teammates. Hopefully the skill tree can improve this in some way.
  25. Objectively yes. But idk it just cheapens my experience. I get more enjoyment out of the game by not doing rollback. I fully admit its personal preference, but I would just like it to be slightly easier to use Abby in combat. 5 Second uber scuffed graph. Basically how I feel Wendy's relationship with player skill is: New Players use Abby as a crutch, eliminating a lot of earlygame challenge Managing Abby is overwhelming when first learning boss patterns, neutering Wendy's overall damage against bosses When used to managing Abby, she finally falls in line with other survivors at high skill brackets Other survivors obviously aren't a collective, but the general sentiment remains the same. I don't want Wendy's overall combat power to increase at all, I just want the mid development dip to be less punishing.
  26. rolling back while learning how to do something is fine, you can also set up a test world if you don't want to do that
  1. Load more activity