All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. You could convert it to quite a few things by rotting it. Let it out gas pO2. From there you can make clay/O2, algae/pH2O.
  3. This is a thread about DST on the DST forum and you're still using the "uncompromising" buzzword that's been purposely avoided by the devs, that's silly. Horrible acts which are on the same level as using console commands: - Lucky gold nugget farm which only works for a few weeks every 12 years. - Leading a treeguard all the way to a pig house so you save a few pinecones it would've taken to pacify it.
  4. But doesn't the checklist not go green until you have a pilot in the capsule? So it doesn't tell you when to stop fueling unless you preload your pilot.
  5. From current position, run up to pizza display. Jump on top of pizza display. Turn around. Jump on top of vent coming out of the ceiling. You should be crouched on with your head against the ceiling. Finally, walk slowly off of the vent. It should be possible to move suspended along the ceiling, stopped only by the walls in the room.
  6. Hopefully, this was allready been done.
  7. Well, there was this... amazing post in an other topic, that I noticed too late. I have not looked into it much, because I was trying to perfect my own contraption, but, that could be a much easier solution.
  8. This doesn't really have to do with anything. Multiplayer doesn't change the AI being broken at all. The AI in DS singleplayer is broken in many ways too. The example Ogrecakes left is very much so possible in DS. Either way, I don't believe this excuses over half of the game's ai being cave man levels of primitive. Most of these exploits are so bad you might as well just start spawning items in with console commands.
  9. Treeguard's are in regular DS. Put some thought in before stalking my posts and playing devils advocate.
  10. It's a game, not a real life simulation. In ONI, the buildings bound to electricity are divided into 3 categories : generators, consumers, and storage. If a battery would try to fill another battery, this means that all not fully loaded batteries will become consumers ... And it would be awfull to managed in the code of the game. :-/ It works great this way. No need to add complex real life mechanics, here.
  11. I think many forget that DST is based of the same lua that Don't Starve was built on. It's old and outdated, but that's what we have to work with. I would love one day for DS/DST to be remade with modern engine to help with AI, memleaks, and more but it's not going to happen. Klei is still an indie company that don't have the manpower or profits to fund a complete overall or remastered in Unity or similar. If they changed the AI brains of mobs, Abigail, and more it would be great and I am sure they think this, but maybe at this time the system/foundation this game is built on could not sustain such changes or improvements. Keeping it simpler might keep the game open to a larger player base.
  12. Today
  13. Screenshot showcase

I swear, strange "crop circles" keep showing up everywhere in this world. Like this... very unique hound trap that was created on the same world, it's actually quite effective.
  14. I'm considering using the extra meat to feed hatches.
  15. The game is meant to be hard and not the "lmaaaaaaaao dumb dumb animal, this is so easy!" but actually be a "Holy crap, WHY YOU DON'T LET ME ALONE!?, OH CRAP I DIED" because as the title says "uncompromising survival game" not "animals dumb dumb easy food survival game", fleeing is a option, but one that has far LESS reward than fighthing back. Using mobs to do your bidings, is cool, but they ruin the challenge of you fighthing for food in the wild, killing some mobs in your day to day farm is borin' and repetitive, i like more the sensation of "I gotta hunt, but i hope i don't get a Varg or a Ewecus!", because is more satisfactory to feel the challenge, that's why i hate using the primitive AI for exploiting it for food, it ruins the hard feeling of the game, Klei has to improve the AI, so players have to be MORE intelligent in how to hunt their food, this game is supossed to be uncompromising, not a day in the supermarket.
  16. Does this really need to be an argument? C'mon guys.
  17. I do have another issue with Krane now though. I've decompiled a mod item and then without editing anything, recompiled it and tested and it looks completely wrong ingame (it looked fine before). I tried replacing the anim.bin and tex with the original ones before the decompiling and its still messed up so I assume its not the animations themselves. I'm not sure whether Krane or the autocompiler is causing the issue however, or how to fix it.
  18. If you keep a vole confined and feed it one bite every 10 cycles so it doesn't die of starvation then it will lay an egg when it is 85 cycles old. If you don't feed it then it dies at about 45 cycles and doesn't lay an egg. In order to produce the same amount of meat, you'd need to maintain 2500 voles this way. It can theoretically be done but I don't know a practical way to feed the voles without letting them compete for food. As a result the unlucky voles starve to death and it seems to be impossible untenable to get a population that large.
  19. Longer Cycle Time

Unlikely as the system timer is integral to so many calculations that changing it would be problematic. That being said however, the actual "time of day" doesn't matter for your dupes. I run 4 shifts of dupes with overlapping times 24/7. You just need to adjust the schedule for your dupes to give them more free time, sleep time, bath time, or work time. I run 4 free time blocks, 3 sleep time blocks, 2 bath time blocks and the rest are work. I stagger those times across the 4 shifts so that there are always 2 shifts working, 1 shift in downtime, and 1 shift in sleep time/bath time.
  20. Easier way to let a dupe get out of that second stables when the door locks: Build a ladder to a one way pneumatic door at the top. Dupes can exit that door, but not enter. Or you could make that door on the right exit only. Really, you just need a one way door, not a duplicant sensor.
  21. I hope you will resolve this issue in the next update. We need these items to make progress.
  22. Wurt

Wurt is Wurt, duh.
  23. [Game Update] - 160

Expect developers to resolve this issue.
  24. The Melon's Art Thread

Second request: Mr Skitts as a Slickster.
  1. Load more activity