All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. After loading a save game one of the storage bins had changed its filter. I had set it to 'seeds' but after a reload 'raw materials' was suddenly checked as well. I've seen this happen two times now. There's no real pattern to it.
  3. Count to 200 without interruption

4. If you have a ceiling of pneumatic doors and robo miner above it you won't need to worry about it being entombed. Since they won't cross the doors along the ceiling.
  5. I definitely do understand a good chunk of the playerbase are new players that struggle. Which its confusing to me that Klei wanted to move away from that "uncompromising" label, yet the game is currently still extremely unforgiving to new players. I don't get that, why would they want that label not associated with DST, when THAT part of the game hasn't changed at all. Is the reason behind making unengaging content REALLY just the new players? Either way.. catering to just one chunk of your audience is never a good idea when its definitely possible to strike a nice balance and keep everyone happy. Not to say the new players will ever see this content, so seemingly they are missing both targets!!! And I definitely am all for your world changing event suggestion, an easy way to add significant content without affecting new players at all really. Like many have said in this thread, the content currently getting added seems to pointless. Its more of the same, and it suffers the same flaws as... the same. I think the idea here is to make content that can't just be memorized. Its been pointed out many times now, but making difficulty or any kind of content only work if you don't know about something is silly in a game meant to be replayed constantly. And I also don't think anyone here is really advocating for DST to become a battle arena , but rather get some kind of new combat system that takes skill.... and not memory. I know its probably tiresome at this point to compare DST to terraria or minecraft, but there is a reason those games are so much more successfull. Its not impossible to make difficulty that lasts even after experiencing it multiple times. Its also definitely not impossible to keep old players and new players playing. These games aren't meant to be "uncompromising" by any means, yet both of them still take a lot more skill and are far more challenging that DST ever will be.
  6. About 15 in Athletics nullifies tile speed bonus, duplicants run/climb with equal speed(plastic vs usual no difference). This do not include natural blocks. Is it bug or some speed cap?
  7. Broken bunker doors let the meteor shower and sun pass through. These are the two counterparts of a broken bunker door. More than that, the game don't work the way you suggest. The only way to make a building dissappear on it's own is to overheating it, so that it melt. For all other cases, it just take damages.
  8. Dupe-A-Day!

drawing dupes being cute is my specialty
  9. Today
  10. Hi all Any mod to light up the shadow alongside map borders ? Or to disable it ? My annoyance is you can build the tile next the border, but you can never see what you have built, because the shade is so dark. Personnaly I would prefer clear edges but seeing all my stuff in space, a lot more than how it is vanilla. Thanks in advance to any moder that would take the time Have a nice day !
  11. Some of this is clearly outdated. Specifically I am sure that pipes work differently now. At the time of this post the radiant pipes did not even exist. However this is still a good starting point and could largely still be correct. Just note that insulated pipes actually insulate, contrary what the old post said. Let me know, if something else changed. Would be interesting.
  12. I would have tested changing the pivots at this stage, if all is working fine now I would stick with those changes
  13. held our final science class today, and the final exam was about biomes. 

Normal people hastily began cramming hurriedly-searched google pages in desperation, and when the oral recitations and specifications began cropping up ppl bit the dust. (One person even claimed there was winter in a tropical biome. Despite having lived in one their entire life. Oh no.) 

But as a Don't Starve/Minecraft veteran everything was cut out for me.

See? Video games CAN teach you a lot of things you can use IRL! If played in moderation that is.

14. Maxwell Memes: The Sequel

How did you manage to find my old Spore screenshot of when I made a tallbird? XD (I should see if I can remake it).
  15. Could we see some mods make it in the game?

Sigh, due to the game being built in a 32-bit Engine its just not possible without 2 issues popping up; Atlas Sizing Memory related Crashes .tex files have a max File Size of I believe ~2000px, there are certain images that in HQ format would be larger and due to how much larger files get once they are in HQ would make the game just not run good at all and even crash due to a lack of enough memory to run Also I dont get why people even use that mod, it literally makes an inventory icon have its proper size, it will look so out of place -w-
  16. Huh, didn't know this. I didn't download the mod because it seemed like too much job for too little visual tweaks but if the mod successfully turns the twigs and hibernation vests to the HQ images (which I assume it does as it's on the top of the popularity list), why can't those images run without the mod/ implemented into the core game?
  17. Character Help

I guess you copied "inst:WatchWorldState("isday", SpawnIceFunction)" without adding any code of your own? Of course you have to define and write the SpawnIceFunction. The error message says, tha tis trying to call a function that is nil (not defined)
  18. you need the GUID only, if you eg want to save the whole bush with all of its data within something else, eg. in your character. If you only want to save a number or string inside the bush, you dont need GUID and such stuff and the code above should work for every bush (or anything else). If it does not work, test the code with your character or attach sth to a bush with console and test if your code can save it. Because the "ondeploy" thing we already mentioned that it might not work. So first find out why it does not work.
  19. You can use engie tune up on a steam turbine, but electricity output is the same. So it is a waste of time, don't do it. It is not a big problem to run test. I construct steam turbine (in debug mode) once with engie tune up, and once without engie tune. Also, all mods were disabled during testing. One cycle later I read the value from the report tab (345.7 kj) and from a battery (22.8 kj). The value was absolutely the same both time. if you want you can run the test too. (Savegame included) There is 4-5 bug report about it. (one is mine). And Klei simply ignores it. Well maybe if now bug become popular Klei will fix it, or maybe no. Dorky Galaxy.sav
  20. Hello all, I disinter this old archive post for newest people and others
  21. Could we see some mods make it in the game?

We've been over this, DST is not capable of running the HQ Images
  22. I confirm. Statistics on a power tab of a machine on the same power line shows turbine outputs tinkered power.
  23. Gesture Wheel is a must, it's so organic and natural for the game, writing down emotes is so unintuitive. I can also see Dusk and Night music being official, on the "play when busy" setting. The music remixes are honestly of official game quality. There is no realistic reason that 2/3 of the game should be silent. More Players mod may also deserve to be official, 6 is an arbitrary maximum player cap that can easily be overridden via a mod. WHy not default at 6 but let people increase it by default. Other than those two I don't see many mods being worthy of getting added to the game, aside from minor ones like disable mod warning, HD twigs and other items etc.
  1. Load more activity