Base in Pig Village

Hellow fellow survivors, I am already planning my strategy for the Winter update, and I wanted to make a base inside a pig village. I do know they will transform into werepigs at fullmoon, so I wanted to know:Can I beat them with footbal helmet, log suit and spear?orCan I hide from them with the bush hat?orShould I go to a secondary base near the camp?Post your opinions below.

It depends on the number of them,10+ and I wish you good luck fighting them all :pHOWEVER.If you make a campfire and use a rope to fuel the fire so it lasts through the entire night,and use a bush hat before they become werepigs,they will not notice you ^^ Just hope the hands or hounds don't show up,the first extinguishes your fire and the latter will make your character talk,which interupts you hiding...

Edited by Spazmatic

Can I beat them with footbal helmet, log suit and spear?

Yes and no. It takes several stabs from a Spear to kill a werepig; in the meantime, they do a fair amount of damage (even with the Football Helmet on) and are faster than you are - think Tallbird speed. So singly, yes, you can kill one by running until it swings and misses, then hitting it, rinse and repeat. However, if you get multiple Werepigs are after you, you're almost certainly dead meat unless you can run with a Torch until after daybreak or are the World's Greatest Don't Starve Combat Master Extraordinaire.

Can I hide from them with the bush hat?

Probably not. The Bush Hat is near-useless right now due to the way it's programmed. They're working on a fix, but basically it does nothing if a monster has already aggro'd on you, and it extremely iffy even if you hide in it ahead of time. Until they fix the Bush Hat it's probably just going to get you killed if you try to hide from a group of Werepigs.

Should I go to a secondary base near the camp?

This is your safest bet, honestly. Just plop down a Fire Pit and some walls a couple of screens away from the Pig Village and keep an eye on the Moon cycle so a Full Moon doesn't take you by surprise. Tangling with a whole village-full of angry Werepigs is, again, something you don't want to try unless you're decked out with a Night Sword and Armor and have a Meat Effigy stashed in a place that's not going to be smack-dab in the middle of the Werepigs you're battling.

I usually plant grass, twigs and trees near the pig village, but I don't bother with fire pits there.I put my base a little bit away from them (10 seconds of walking on road) with non flammable stuff, so I can deal with the fire hounds.

Can I beat them with football helmet, log suit and spear?

Of course you can, it'll take a ton of hits though.

Can I hide from them with the bush hat?

If the Bush Hat gets buffed up, but at this time, No. You cannot simply hide from them.

Should I go to a secondary base near the camp?

Kind of a Waste of a Time, 1 Base is enough for you to carry on with your life.If the pigs are stuck and it's Dusk, I recommend killing them to get meat while they are trying to go home. They'll turn into Werepigs if they aren't killed, take the chance or endlessly get gangbanged by a ton of piggies.