More save slots!

I do agree on more save slots. It's not "solved" by dying.

If i want to play an exclusive Shipwreck game, one Reign of giant 1 Hamlet. That leaves me with 2 slots

There is 18 characters in the game.. Some of them play quite differently in different DLC, its nice to be able to play as wx, wes etc... Also, i'm alone but some people share the same computer (brother sisters... friends...) you get the idea.

For that you need more slots, also if you want to try things out, or show the game to a friend from the beggining, you cant if you run out of slots.

Mods can save the problem but it would be a good idea to have 1-2 more originally at least.

9 hours ago, Yokoblue said:

Also, i'm alone but some people share the same computer (brother sisters... friends...) you get the idea.

This is a reason game developers may prefer to not give more save slots.  They would rather each indvidual player purchase their own copy of the game.  

signed, Devil's Advocate

3 minutes ago, ucw said:

This is a reason game developers may prefer to not give more save slots.  They would rather each indvidual player purchase their own copy of the game.  

signed, Devil's Advocate

Someone with more than 1 computer can login on the same steam account and play with no synchronised saves and have as many slots as they want if they refuse to pay.

2 minutes ago, Yokoblue said:

Someone with more than 1 computer can login on the same steam account and play with no synchronised saves and have as many slots as they want if they refuse to pay.

Really?  I guess there is always a way around it.  

On 11/15/2018 at 12:12 PM, GuacBoy said:

I dunno, how much Don't Starve are you playing to be running 5 whole games concurrently? One per DLC I can understand, but two extra?

Well, Yokoblue explained it pefectly! I never really tested other characters for this reason.
Also, I have two young daughters and they love playing. I have no problem with paying the developers (awesome) work, but I'm not going to create an account for 2 young little girls. Certainly not! And I don't want them to ruin my games!! It's frustrating for them.

It reminds me the 1rst Zelda, when I was a kid. I sooooo wanted to play but no one would let me cause you had only 3 slots... that's just so so so frustrating... (and not needed here, we're not on a NES)...!

I'll do with the mods but well... I think one new save slot for each DLC is not too much to ask... I paid all of them!

On 16/11/2018 at 9:08 AM, Yokoblue said:

I do agree on more save slots. It's not "solved" by dying.

If i want to play an exclusive Shipwreck game, one Reign of giant 1 Hamlet. That leaves me with 2 slots

There is 18 characters in the game.. Some of them play quite differently in different DLC, its nice to be able to play as wx, wes etc... Also, i'm alone but some people share the same computer (brother sisters... friends...) you get the idea.

For that you need more slots, also if you want to try things out, or show the game to a friend from the beggining, you cant if you run out of slots.

Mods can save the problem but it would be a good idea to have 1-2 more originally at least.

there's only 17 in ds
the 18th is Winona

Archived