Rainforest trees too hard to renew

Title. They're super common but hard to renew. Other trees aren't like that, even the claw palm that takes manure to replant each time I find super renewable. I'm almost 100 days in now and have planted a grand total of about 3 rainforest trees, and one of those I made a hard dive for into a jungle fight between weevoles, piranha plants, and spider monkeys just so I could grab the seed and plant it. My main wood source is now from pine trees I bought a pinecone for from the store.

You have to wait for a specific season for the seeds to even spawn, you have to wait for the wind to blow to bring them down from the trees, you can't even cut the trees down to get the seeds, and sometimes they just blow right off the map. It's just too much. At least give burrs for cutting them down in-season.

I get that they're a good resource, they give you food just for cutting them down, but they also spawn scorpions. Shipwrecked trees have an even higher yield but they renew super easy and don't even spawn treeguards. More burrs plz.

1 minute ago, orian34 said:

How am I supposed to get oincs though... It's not my goal to use exploits

just give the pigs what they want, give berries to the pig with glasses, give petals to plop-pig, hedge clippings to the (forgot name) pig, trade with the pigs like normal, you just have to chase them for some distance.

That's good that they are more difficult to renew. You have some basic tea trees, wich you can easily replant and chop for wood, if you want to get fancy you should put more effort into that.

I say, more rare and difficult to get things is what we need. Like, trident from SW.

2 hours ago, metallichydra said:

just give the pigs what they want, give berries to the pig with glasses, give petals to plop-pig, hedge clippings to the (forgot name) pig, trade with the pigs like normal, you just have to chase them for some distance.

Being able to trade with pigs when they flee you is an exploit...

2 hours ago, orian34 said:

Being able to trade with pigs when they flee you is an exploit...

are you sure?

well, i have a solution: trade with the pigs that's sitting in the shop, they dont flee as long as they sit down.
swashy hat makes the range of which they notice your spiderness much smaller, you need to almost touch them before they notice, so click on them, and be fast while they play their "bow" animation.
(but you'll probably also consider this an exploit)

or kill the pig, its 100% not exploit.
kill the guard that spawn, and steal the items in the shop, including pinecone, if any.

On 11/13/2018 at 8:44 AM, magia said:

That's good that they are more difficult to renew. You have some basic tea trees, wich you can easily replant and chop for wood, if you want to get fancy you should put more effort into that.

I say, more rare and difficult to get things is what we need. Like, trident from SW.

You don't see a needless discrepancy between the value of the tea trees and rainforest trees? Cutting a tea tree gets you 2 guaranteed food items, cutting the rainforest tree gets you 1 mildly better food item, only sometimes. Sometimes you get snakes which can be useful, but other times it's scorpions which are more bother than they're worth unless you're desperate for a stinger or a gland. And like I've already said, Shipwrecked trees are even better than those, and are endlessly renewable.

Maybe I'd agree with you if rainforest trees dropped tridents, but to my knowledge, they don't. There's no reason this type of tree should be rare.

Archived