So i was messing around in Hamlet and decided to merge a hamlet world with a normal world, and after that i saw the option to build a seaworthy, even though i dont own shipwrecked. So i build it, and it gave me the option to create a SW world. and it worked. I dont think this is intended so im letting you know.

1.png

2.png

3.png

31.png

4.png

41.png

menu.png

15 minutes ago, Thebrettstoner said:

Possible, but i still dont think this is intended. since its a way to play SW without buying it

There was and still is a situation similar if you own vanilla and shipwrecked but not RoG.

If you enable sw compatibility or link a shipwrecked world to vanilla, you'd get most of the RoG content beside the following things:

- The desert biome and anything that generate within it. (Like cactus and voltgoats.)

- The deciduous biome and anything that generate within it.

- Due to the above, world generation is the vanilla don't starve one.

- Cave generation is the vanilla don't starve one, not RoG.

So while you don't loose much of RoG (the biggest loss is the desert biome but you can live without it) while you would get to play the rest of RoG content. Such as the giants introduced in it, the seasons, the items (as long as you don't need anything from the aforementioned two biomes) ect.

It's still a thing since SW and I call it "RoG minus"

Archived