Pressure PSA

It isn't really a problem.  Like I said I let it get too hot.  It is more than enough mass to offset a lot of heat.  Just not if I let it get too high.  I did oil before and it was worse.

Keeping the pool under 80-90 is fine.  I let it go to 95 and didn't bother keeping up with it.

4 minutes ago, Soulwind said:

Admittedly water is not a good choice,  but it's a heck of a lot easier to recondense steam than sour gas.

It's also harder to boil oil/petroleum than water.

In my experience a single aquatuner loop can handle the heat from a metal volcano

It does. Again if I kept the water around 40c or less like I normally do then this would have never happened.  Metal volcanos don’t put out enough heat to be a problem.  I don’t have a cold polluted water source on this map.

back when I used crude before I noted the cooling had to be on a lot more than with water. Very likely because of the lower heat capacity of oil so the tuner doesn’t really remove as much heat. 

2 hours ago, 0xFADE said:

It does. Again if I kept the water around 40c or less like I normally do then this would have never happened.  Metal volcanos don’t put out enough heat to be a problem.  I don’t have a cold polluted water source on this map.

back when I used crude before I noted the cooling had to be on a lot more than with water. Very likely because of the lower heat capacity of oil so the tuner doesn’t really remove as much heat. 

You could keep the main bath petroleum and run a closed water loop through it from the aquatuner.  Then you get the best of both.

Archived