Is Rock renewable?

25 minutes ago, Raishou said:

As far as I've seen I can renew most of the basic materials in the world (including iron) but I don't see a way of renewing rocks. Anyone have any idea?

Steal the dung balls from the beetles by leading them collide with trees or rocks.

23 hours ago, The 2C3D said:

Those earthquake pillars in caves regenerate...

Correct me if I’m wrong.

15 hours ago, Altari said:

I dont no if this is updated but as i checked last time, The pillars at fountain of youth regen. Each pillar can be mine and drops 4 rocks

I will check both your answers to see if it's true. I've heard of the pillars one but I tested and it didn't work back then. The earthquake one I was not aware.

Well, I maybe doing something wrong but here is what I tested:

On 25/10/2018 at 3:08 PM, The 2C3D said:

Those earthquake pillars in caves regenerate...

Correct me if I’m wrong.

Destroying the pillar completely or partially and waiting several days = nothing :(

17 hours ago, Altari said:

I dont no if this is updated but as i checked last time, The pillars at fountain of youth regen. Each pillar can be mine and drops 4 rocks

Maybe I didn't know how to trigger the regeneration but I tested several different ways, including killing the pugalisk planting the flower and then dying for the fountain to be refilled the next day and yet the pillars are still destroyed (the fountain refilled though ^^).

11 minutes ago, Senfiron said:

Just buy rocks in tools shop and wait until they are restocked. 

they don't restock 

also I'm unsure if the unimportant pillar still respawns but if it does the rocks that fall always break the only things that stay are enemies so its not worth it to do it twice

Yeah, I think they will make the shelves renewable but until then I'm out of ideas.

6 hours ago, Computer-7 said:

they don't restock 

also I'm unsure if the unimportant pillar still respawns but if it does the rocks that fall always break the only things that stay are enemies so its not worth it to do it twice

I manage to make it respawn once but I was not able to replicate the results

On 25/10/2018 at 2:50 PM, Zinglon said:

Kill the beetles. They seems to be regenerated everyday if killed.

Just killed all the beetles in my world and after waiting a copious amount of days they didn't came back. 

I also think that maybe my world respawned some of the stalagmites inside the mant holes but I'm unsure.

Bottom line is there is not a reliable way of renewing rocks right now and thus making a decent size "Village base" impossible yet.

4 hours ago, Raishou said:

Just killed all the beetles in my world and after waiting a copious amount of days they didn't came back. 

Are you sure? I still get my poop/flint/stones from killing them in same region within days.

9 hours ago, Raishou said:

I'm pretty sure they are spawned from dungpile, so you have to leave them (piles) untouched to spawn beetles.
Also, anyone tried to explode gunpowder inside caves to cause earthquake? Is it worth it?
upd:
There is a chance to spawn moleworm from earthquake. I think we can settle them somewhere, for their full of minerals burrows.

23 hours ago, Senfiron said:

I'm pretty sure they are spawned from dungpile, so you have to leave them (piles) untouched to spawn beetles.
Also, anyone tried to explode gunpowder inside caves to cause earthquake? Is it worth it?
upd:
There is a chance to spawn moleworm from earthquake. I think we can settle them somewhere, for their full of minerals burrows.

Caves won't earthquake from gunpowder, already mentioned it didn't work. But moleworms, wow, you a genius :D rocks and nitre are renewable then. What you mean by them spawning from there? I didn't get any beetles respawn after they died, just dung balls lying around without any beetles after killed. And they destroy dung piles, so how would they create more dung balls after if they survived?

@Zinglon but I saw a beetle destroy its dung pile from making a dung ball, pretty sure you just had a lot of dung piles there.

2 hours ago, Charsis said:

What you mean by them spawning from there? I didn't get any beetles respawn after they died, just dung balls lying around without any beetles after killed. And they destroy dung piles, so how would they create more dung balls after if they survived?

Dung pile spawns beetle every day. And beetles somehow get a dung ball. So, you can kill beetle, destroy their dungball, but until dung piles are here, beetles should respawn. I didn't touch piles and they were not destroyed by someone. 
But I'm not 100% sure about this, it's just my observations.

On 29/10/2018 at 11:30 AM, Senfiron said:

Dung pile spawns beetle every day. And beetles somehow get a dung ball. So, you can kill beetle, destroy their dungball, but until dung piles are here, beetles should respawn. I didn't touch piles and they were not destroyed by someone. 
But I'm not 100% sure about this, it's just my observations.

Not true, because this 

On 27/10/2018 at 12:35 AM, Charsis said:

May be bug, but Dung Beetles don't respawn with their dung either; they harvest the piles until they break :(

10 hours ago, Charsis said:

they harvest the piles until they break

Probably we played a different version. Because my beetles didn't harvest anything. They was just spawned near dung pile with their ball. And dung piles was up until at least 80th cycle.

Get a moleworm from the pillar triggered earthquakes, go outside the cave and place the moleworm at the area of your choice and wait for it to make it's nest here.

Once that's done you wait until dusk for the moleworm to come out and use a hammer to "harvest" it again in your inventory. Now then save & quit and reload your save. What happens is that the nest generated a new moleworm. You can put the one in your inventory back on the ground for it to eventually make a new nest.

Repeat this process until you made enough nests. Then you can go to town with a shovel and gain infinite stone, flint, nitre and gold.

Since hamlet closed beta isn't here now, you can practice and test this in rog instead.

8 hours ago, Senfiron said:

Probably we played a different version. Because my beetles didn't harvest anything. They was just spawned near dung pile with their ball. And dung piles was up until at least 80th cycle.

If you let them alive while pillage their dung balls, they make dung ball again from the pile.

On 2018. 10. 29. at 4:33 AM, Charsis said:

Caves won't earthquake from gunpowder, already mentioned it didn't work. But moleworms, wow, you a genius :D rocks and nitre are renewable then. What you mean by them spawning from there? I didn't get any beetles respawn after they died, just dung balls lying around without any beetles after killed. And they destroy dung piles, so how would they create more dung balls after if they survived?

@Zinglon but I saw a beetle destroy its dung pile from making a dung ball, pretty sure you just had a lot of dung piles there.

So KILL EM ALL. Respawning dung beetle doesn't cost dung pile durability.

Archived