Masked Pig

1 minute ago, Nanoking308 said:

I am having a HUGE problem with Masked pigs, they keep robbing me...

How do you deal with them?

I also heard he has a hoard of gold, where do you find it?

Ps. How do you get into Slanty shack?

a ) go to the guardmen , they will insta attack

b ) After killing him he drops a map to his hoard - you need a shovel 

c ) 50 oincs and buy the House certificate at the mayor's house

4 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

a ) go to the guardmen , they will insta attack

b ) After killing him he drops a map to his hoard - you need a shovel 

c ) 50 oincs and buy the House certificate at the mayor's house

Yea, make sure they take a swipe at you in front of the guard.

2 hours ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

you can always kite the attack off

right. but there's a difference between running away and letting him attempt to hit you once. they don't always acknowledge him as a bad guy before he tries to swipe at you

11 minutes ago, jbeetle said:

right. but there's a difference between running away and letting him attempt to hit you once. they don't always acknowledge him as a bad guy before he tries to swipe at you

Weird : they always attack him even before he tries to attack me

I had a rather strange incident occur in my game involving a masked pig. I was scooping up pig droppings that had been crudely deposited next to a town house, when a masked pig lurched out from behind the house, stabbing me with a knife of sorts and outright murdering me. If I recall correctly, prior to the incident, there were no major disparities to my health. I'm not certain if this is a glitch or just an unlucky spawn. Has anyone else experienced an encounter similar to this in-game? 

3 hours ago, IntrinsicIrony said:

I had a rather strange incident occur in my game involving a masked pig. I was scooping up pig droppings that had been crudely deposited next to a town house, when a masked pig lurched out from behind the house, stabbing me with a knife of sorts and outright murdering me. If I recall correctly, prior to the incident, there were no major disparities to my health. I'm not certain if this is a glitch or just an unlucky spawn. Has anyone else experienced an encounter similar to this in-game? 

I'm seeing some creepypasta material

On 10/17/2018 at 1:10 AM, Nanoking308 said:

I am having a HUGE problem with Masked pigs, they keep robbing me...

How do you deal with them?

I also heard he has a hoard of gold, where do you find it?

Ps. How do you get into Slanty shack?

Yesterday, I got mugged three times (two during the day) and I was able to kill him in another attempt. The last mugging, he did it next to a guard, and instead of chasing him, the guard decided to steal 10 oincs while the thief ran away...... Then the guard killed me when I tried to get my oincs back from him.

I never had a problem before, and I only saw him spawning at night. I don't know if the RNG was bad this time, but I usually barely saw the thief spawn. But in that game, he seemed to spawn everyday at least once.

@MasterWolf The Bandit's spawn chance depends on how many oincs you have on your standard inventory slots (not your backpacks) and on the time of day. If you're running around with 150+ oincs during the day OR 100+ oincs at dusk OR 50+ oincs at night, there's a 20% chance for him to spawn every time the game does a "periodic update" (which I assume happens less frequently than the normal update).

Also, all fight-capable pigs prioritize picking up oincs over anything else. This includes the guards, but it also includes the bandit himself. If you were to place a single oinc and surround it with 4 walls, the bandit would end up just running against that wall trying to grab the oinc, allowing you to kill him with relative ease and safety.

18 minutes ago, QuartzBeam said:

@MasterWolf The Bandit's spawn chance depends on how many oincs you have on your standard inventory slots (not your backpacks) and on the time of day. If you're running around with 150+ oincs during the day OR 100+ oincs at dusk OR 50+ oincs at night, there's a 20% chance for him to spawn every time the game does a "periodic update" (which I assume happens less frequently than the normal update).

Also, all fight-capable pigs prioritize picking up oincs over anything else. This includes the guards, but it also includes the bandit himself. If you were to place a single oinc and surround it with 4 walls, the bandit would end up just running against that wall trying to grab the oinc, allowing you to kill him with relative ease and safety.

The first day he showed up, I had less than 5, the second day less than 20 (between 15-19 oincs), the third day less than 30, and the fourth day less than 35.

The first day was at night, the second at night, the third during the day, and the fourth was also during the day.

Thanks for the info, I guess I will make oinc traps for the thieves.

Archived