Willow in hamlet

11 minutes ago, BionicSandwich said:

It seems that willow will be rather useful in hamlet, being that she has an infinite torch, and exploring dark caves is a big part of hamlet.

Agree! well she's always useful since I'm using Willow as my Main ..

19 minutes ago, GetNerfedOn said:

True, especially because she doesn't have DST nerfs and is still immune to fire. Still wishing they brought Bernie into the base game.

I can't really get why people say she got nerfed
I mean, she lost infinite lighter, but got the ability to cook food and she also got bernie.
and she lost the random fire-lighting at low sanity, but got a useful perk: freezing at low sanity (not useful in winter or spring), no other character can survive summer without any equipment. she just have to be insane, and a lot of players say its a good to be insane.

1 hour ago, metallichydra said:

I can't really get why people say she got nerfed
I mean, she lost infinite lighter, but got the ability to cook food and she also got bernie.
and she lost the random fire-lighting at low sanity, but got a useful perk: freezing at low sanity (not useful in winter or spring), no other character can survive summer without any equipment. she just have to be insane, and a lot of players say its a good to be insane.

She got heavily nerfed in dst both directly and indirectly.

1) You can no longer burn your inventory for massive dps

2) The cooling while insane mechanic is not helpful in summer (she definitely cannot survive lacking equipment or swapping thermal stones any differently than other people can)

3) Infinite lighter has a different niche than lantern and remains useful in DS.  In DST it is arguably worse than torches and definitely worse than lanterns.

4) Lack of fire immunity

5) Fire farms are no longer as useful or effective as in DS.

1 minute ago, Toros said:

She got heavily nerfed in dst both directly and indirectly.

1) You can no longer burn your inventory for massive dps

2) The cooling while insane mechanic is not helpful in summer (she definitely cannot survive lacking equipment or swapping thermal stones any differently than other people can)

3) Infinite lighter has a different niche than lantern and remains useful in DS.  In DST it is arguably worse than torches and definitely worse than lanterns.

4) Lack of fire immunity

5) Fire farms are no longer as useful or effective as in DS.

thanks for pointing this out, no one really answers why they hate det willow, but just say how much they hate her.
really helped me understanding :) 
1. only thought of burning inventory for light, didn't know it damaged
2. I actually thought she almost froze in summer
3. I still think portable campfire is nice
4. why should I ever stand on the fire?
5. i don't like fire farms, but there's probably a lot of players that want to use them

9 minutes ago, metallichydra said:

thanks for pointing this out, no one really answers why they hate det willow, but just say how much they hate her.
really helped me understanding :) 
1. only thought of burning inventory for light, didn't know it damaged
2. I actually thought she almost froze in summer
3. I still think portable campfire is nice
4. why should I ever stand on the fire?
5. i don't like fire farms, but there's probably a lot of players that want to use them

1) With a full burning inventory Willow can kill Deerclops in like 7 seconds.  It’s the highest dps in the game.

2) Nope, while it does seem she experiences the external temp as cooler than it is, summer gets so hot you’ll still take damage without clothing/cooling items.  With them, she still seems to work the same as everyone else.  The freezing is more an issue while insane in spring/fall.

3) Cooking on the fly is nice, but not very useful when campfires are already cheap to craft and the lighter is relatively expensive to craft compared to a torch.

4+5) Willow can use fire farms to get huge amounts of sanity back, or to farm nightmare monsters with a purple amulet.  It’s not an essential thing, but it’s another powerful tool her DS kit allows.

3 hours ago, Toros said:

1) With a full burning inventory Willow can kill Deerclops in like 7 seconds.  It’s the highest dps in the game.

2) Nope, while it does seem she experiences the external temp as cooler than it is, summer gets so hot you’ll still take damage without clothing/cooling items.  With them, she still seems to work the same as everyone else.  The freezing is more an issue while insane in spring/fall.

3) Cooking on the fly is nice, but not very useful when campfires are already cheap to craft and the lighter is relatively expensive to craft compared to a torch.

4+5) Willow can use fire farms to get huge amounts of sanity back, or to farm nightmare monsters with a purple amulet.  It’s not an essential thing, but it’s another powerful tool her DS kit allows.

for me fire farms are an exploit, even worse than "cheesing", but thats just my opinion, so for me, willow isnt as useful as she is for you.
also, im not sure, but i think in dst its impossible to use burning inventory to kill creatures fast.

4 hours ago, metallichydra said:

for me fire farms are an exploit, even worse than "cheesing", but thats just my opinion, so for me, willow isnt as useful as she is for you.
also, im not sure, but i think in dst its impossible to use burning inventory to kill creatures fast.

I don’t personally use Willow, and you’re right that you can’t burn inventory in DST.

8 hours ago, Toros said:

That DEFINITELY sounds like a bug/exploit. I understand why it was removed in DST, PvP would be even more unbalanced than what it already is!

8 hours ago, Toros said:

This is why I hate fire in DS, I'm so used to having it NOT spread instantly to EVERYTHING that I flip the table whenever lightning strikes me and an entire forest is burnt as a result. 

On 10/22/2018 at 9:06 AM, Toros said:

This one is relative. If you are going to mass cook things a campfire is a million times more cost efficient. But for things you find on the go (like green caps for sanity, or meat for longer spoilage; or even stale/spoiled raw berries/carrots/veggies so it becomes fresh again) the lighter is far more cost efficient, and also space efficient as you can eat them whenever you please without having to leave a trail of campfires.

Archived