Bunker Door

it's easy serial wired doors wired whit a not gate from the sensor. This is the easiest

How it works.

When the sensor detect something goes active and the not gate close the bunker doors :)

More sensor is more notwork detection.

I use 1 for 5 doors and works fine.

3 minutes ago, tzionut said:

it's easy serial wired doors wired whit a not gate from the sensor. This is the easiest

How it works.

When the sensor detect something goes active and the not gate close the bunker doors :)

More sensor is more notwork detection.

I use 1 for 5 doors and works fine.

How about solar panels how many do you have

2 lightened by 2 shine bugs :) For power the doors i have a steam generator.... My setup is for testing the interstellar research, and the fastest way to melt regolith....Here I test the vanishing regolith bug whit doors, and to the left the improved saturnus regolith smelter whit steam generator, From what i see it can run continuously for approx 200 cycle, then you need to find a way to change the magma tile...I think it need a rebuild version

image.thumb.png.d73f5f0d72879f375c3c7cb5a8b6d537.png

image.thumb.png.d34853033e29ff5acad3bbe861ee7fbf.png

The setup I'm using is based on Mullematsch's first design.  I just moved stuff around to clean it up and make it easy to keep track of which filters are for what.  

Spoiler

20181013132916_1.thumb.jpg.62e646e33a17dd03ede8cf81e0bf7ce4.jpg

The far right filter is the bunker door closing delay after meteor shower is detected.  Even though I'm at 100% detection, I leave this set to 100 due to issues with bunker doors closing at whatever speed they feel like.  Second filter from right is the delay for bunker doors to open after a shower and waiting for regolith to drop.  I have this set to 60 again due to buggy door timing.  The last filter, 3rd from the right at the top, is how long the airlock regolith crunchers run.  I have this at 45, which is probably overkill but works.

Wires to doors and scanners all run off to the right.  Top to bunker doors, middle to scanners and bottom to airlocks.

Here is my solar panel and scanner arrangement, this is repeated over most of the top layer as seen in the second shot.

Spoiler

20181013132932_1.thumb.jpg.718222f71f734303c03490b5c08580bb.jpg20181013133010_1.thumb.jpg.94e9db21f48d62593718d81fe11dccaa.jpg

Colors are due to material color mod with red for mafic rock.  I've been running this setup without a single issue for 500ish cycles.  It provides 16.34 kW max in the middle of the day.  With no meteor shower, it generates a little over 6000kJ/cycle.  i have a large battery bank to store excess power and I still usually overproduce since I'm only using about 3000kJ/cycle.  I'm sure this could be optimized considerably, but since it's working so well I haven't messed it with much after setting it up.

They require 120W per door, take around 30s to open though are bugged if out of view and so can open delayed. You can put 16 of them on a conductive wire. Kinda important to know because if anything breaks the power, like wires breaking from overloading, they will take half a cycle to open or close, once trying to open/close, they will only try to close/open again once the current sequence is complete.

Furthermore, they will close on an inactive signal. If operating them from meteor sensors, you will need to use a NOT gate. Else the doors will open during a meteor shower and close when there are no meteors.

Archived