Shine bug question

So I have googled it a fair bit and everyone says they eat phosphorite and gristle berries, however, my ranching station says they only eat gristleberries? Is this a bug, was there an update that changed it or are ranches just not very good at supplying us with information in regards to feeding critters?

shine.png

2 hours ago, 0xFADE said:

Avoid evolving the shinebugs. They consume more food and don’t offer more value for it.

The first morph will give you more decor (50 instead of 30) but that`s it. But it will still eat phosphorite. It`s unlikely they`ll evolve on their own if you won`t keep them in the kitchen. Gristle berry evolves them to sunny, fried mushroom to royal, pepper bread to vital and stuffed berry to the next one (i forgot the name). All of them still can eat phsophorite. Only the abyss bug and the last one ( radiant i think it`s called ) have a different diet. But for them to change to that stage they need to eat phosphorus (which you can get by melting phosphorite only) so i wouldn`t worry about that too much.

Yes,  I’ve gone all the way up to crystal two updates ago. Now that you can get diamond from rockets there might be a reason to go all the way for extreme decor.

It is harder to go back down once you go up if you don’t keep some previous ones around and it makes the egg cracking list larger.

26 minutes ago, 0xFADE said:

Yes,  I’ve gone all the way up to crystal two updates ago. Now that you can get diamond from rockets there might be a reason to go all the way for extreme decor.

It is harder to go back down once you go up if you don’t keep some previous ones around and it makes the egg cracking list larger.

It doesn't matter rockets or not, radiant shine bugs, and pretty much all of the shine bug types cosume a maximum of 1kg/cycle, which is so negligible that it doesn't matter.

Considering the limited use diamonds have in the game, by the time you will ran out of diamonds to feed a full radiant bug ranch, Oxygen Not included Together will enter open beta.

11 hours ago, Saturnus said:

You haven't found any phosphorite yet (check list on right side of screen, it's under agriculture). The option only opens up when you actually have some.

oh sweet, thanks for that! That is actually pretty cool, the idea of "discovering" things for them to be given a purpose, now that I know it actually happens. Thanks man!

6 hours ago, Steve Raptor said:

It doesn't matter rockets or not, radiant shine bugs, and pretty much all of the shine bug types cosume a maximum of 1kg/cycle, which is so negligible that it doesn't matter.

Considering the limited use diamonds have in the game, by the time you will ran out of diamonds to feed a full radiant bug ranch, Oxygen Not included Together will enter open beta.

i'm only sorry i can't thanks and like and laugh all at once.

Oxygen Not included Together will enter open beta.

Archived