Day 1000+ Welcome to Hamton!

Well first, make sure everyone in your crew has a good enough connection to at least maintain in the yellow. I routinely have to kick/ban people with poor connections. 

Second, I lost my previous 1000+ day world to having to much stuff and crashing the server. So this time, I accounted for that in the world's design. All areas, but the main central area and two other biomes have been stripped of everything in it. No trees, no turf, nothing. These vast areas of nothing are referred to as "The Great Wastes" in my world. I don't know how much this actually works but it seems to be keeping the world playable.

It also helps that I have Google Fiber. 

*ALSO* back up your save data from the console onto a flash drive AND onto the playstation network with the online storage feature. 

Damn amazing. My map was something i stcked close to fortress like i put like main gate and it had like 2 huge hound statues 2 sides standing, got 2 tamed beefalos and stuff. I love medieval so sticked onthat in my map saddly i lost that wouldve looved show you it too..

On 9/27/2018 at 9:02 AM, NSAiswatchingus said:

Well first, make sure everyone in your crew has a good enough connection to at least maintain in the yellow. I routinely have to kick/ban people with poor connections. 

Second, I lost my previous 1000+ day world to having to much stuff and crashing the server. So this time, I accounted for that in the world's design. All areas, but the main central area and two other biomes have been stripped of everything in it. No trees, no turf, nothing. These vast areas of nothing are referred to as "The Great Wastes" in my world. I don't know how much this actually works but it seems to be keeping the world playable.

It also helps that I have Google Fiber. 

*ALSO* back up your save data from the console onto a flash drive AND onto the playstation network with the online storage feature. 

Thanks for the tips!

I only play with my best friend and we have a good connection.

We will try the Great Waste area. Thanks!

Yeah i've been over a 1,000 a few times and noticed two key things that have kept lag at bay;

1. Spread your base out, and keep as many things as possible in chests

2. Clean your world, this one seems to have the most impact. Every so often walk your world and pick up all the lose stuff off the ground i.e rot, twigs, manure, guano, seeds, flint, meteor areas it really does have a significant impact(at least in my experience)  

My one server i have stopped using is around day 3,200 and out of nowhere became super laggy, i'm not sure what changed, but it is almost unplayable now, so i started a new one.

By the way after looking at some of the images i must say that your world is quite impressive, really nice job!

Yeah I'm about due for another clean up. It's unfortunate that the most dangerous thing in this game is a server crash. Hopefully Klei can improve performance on console sometime in the near future. 

I'm glad you like the set up! Feel free to join if you send me on. I've usually got a lobby full of noobs and screaming kids but I'd love to get a more serious group together to take down some end game bosses. 

On 9/28/2018 at 3:42 AM, NorthicaN said:

...I love medieval so sticked onthat in my map saddly i lost that wouldve looved show you it too..

Thats kind of what I'm going for with this world. The stuff in the town is based off the classic fantasy town in games, movies, books, etc. You've got the Blacksmith, the Inn, the Tavern, the magic shop, general store, tailor, guards, townsfolk, and quests. You should join up sometime NorthicaN. I think you'd have some good creative inputs. I'm on vacation for 9 days after tomorrow. I plan on being on as much as possible 

I have also had some issues with lagging servers. The best solution I have come up with is to keep bases smaller and spread out. I try and constrain layouts to 16x16 tiles, and separated by at least 1 biome. Here is a capture of a base 1600 days in.

8 hours ago, SydMarch said:

I have also had some issues with lagging servers. The best solution I have come up with is to keep bases smaller and spread out. I try and constrain layouts to 16x16 tiles, and separated by at least 1 biome. Here is a capture of a base 1600 days in....

Very nice! The spreading out is key. I think the i biome apart rule is pretty good. How many people typically play on that server?

Archived