Scythe

I find it a bit too much of a grind when you have established a base with lots of grass, twigs, berries or whatever, to spend an entire night individually picking them. Why not have a scythe tool, which would immediately harvest everything within its radius. Would be nice if the harvested items were put in your inventory too. Minimize one of the more grindy elements of the game.

Sounds like a good idea, but this would encourage people to make giant bases, which I think some people said should be discouraged.Anyway, I'd like to see something like this in the game :) A sickle might be better if it was to also cutting twigs and berries.

Sounds like a good idea, but this would encourage people to make giant bases, which I think some people said should be discouraged.Anyway, I'd like to see something like this in the game :) A sickle might be better if it was to also cutting twigs and berries.

I like the idea of a sickle to allow for rapid harvesting, but a wide range harvesting scythe should probably destroy things like twigs/berry bushes, as its only really made to cut things down, not trim branches or pick berries.

I like the idea of a sickle to allow for rapid harvesting, but a wide range harvesting scythe should probably destroy things like twigs/berry bushes, as its only really made to cut things down, not trim branches or pick berries.

Cool sickle it is then. What's most important is the rapid harvesting, not the tool itself. If I could rapid harvest using a koalephant trunk to suck stuff up that's fine too, just cutting out the grind that I would like to see.