Buildings tiles size infos

Hi all!

Aren't you tired to build a solar panel (or whatever) to know exactly the size of it... to deconstruct it few seconds later?

Here is a possible solution to solve the problem (see attachement).

What do you think about this solution? And what you think about the problem, have you already face this dilemma?

Thanks to read this.

Matthieu

oni-building-size.jpg

I usually end up using debug to check the size of a building I'm not 100% sure on and I can't build due to materials (just so I can see a blueprint, I don't actually build it).  I usually do it to find the inputs and outputs.  So i think it should also say where the inputs and outputs are.

Personally, I'd like a box drawn when you're placing the building, so you know how big it is. The info-panel would help a bit, but there's an additional problem - when you're placing a building, the art sometimes makes it difficult to know where the building will actually line up. For example, small power transformers have art that extends past the bounding box in some areas, but is smaller than the bounding box in other areas. If it were simply drawn as a box, when a building-placement was in progress, this would be much mor eclear to the player.

5 hours ago, Sasza22 said:

Well you can always hover the construction blueprint to see how big it is. But i agree that more info is alwyas better. Especially with the solar panel that has a different art in the build menu and in the game.

The problem is what if you don't have the materials yet, but you are wanting to build the room around it.

9 hours ago, Sasza22 said:

Well you can always hover the construction blueprint to see how big it is. But i agree that more info is alwyas better. Especially with the solar panel that has a different art in the build menu and in the game.

Sometimes it is hard to guess the size by its appearance. For example, Ration Box is actually a 2x2 while it looks like a 2x1. Adding a borderline in construction preview is more helpful in this case.

Archived