Bearger spawn mechanic

If a Bearger isn't killed and hibernates, will a second one spawn the next autumn or will there be just the one from last year? Also, can Bearger spawn on the surface while I am underground and nobody else is playing, and if so, then where will he spawn? Thanks!

If Bearger isn't dead and sleeping he will wake up when it's Summer/Autumn, but you can wake up him during Winter/Spring for a "enraged" fight, and I think there's a possibility he can spawn while you is on caves during autumn.

7 hours ago, Majestix said:

If a Bearger isn't killed and hibernates, will a second one spawn the next autumn or will there be just the one from last year? Also, can Bearger spawn on the surface while I am underground and nobody else is playing, and if so, then where will he spawn? Thanks!

Dunno , you will propably end up with beager army and If nobody else is on surface then the actual bearger will either a) spawn after you join surface b ) not spawn ( you will need to be whole autumn down there ) or c ) spawn randomly , possibly ransacking your world and base

7 hours ago, Majestix said:

Bearger can't spawn if there's another bearger. It also spawns only near the player. so if nobody is on the surface. It will not spawn

If it's true Bearger might be the only one that does this, yeah? In DST at least, the Moosegoose and Dragonfly's spawns are tied to world features that only activate during their respective seasons, and Clopsy is more than happy to wander off once he's done wrecking your base. Huh.

2 hours ago, Rosten said:

If it's true Bearger might be the only one that does this, yeah? 

If what is true? That Bearger does not despawn, but instead hibernates, and wakes up again the following autumn (or earlier if woken up) is a fact.

I can now also confirm that a second one does not spawn if the previous season's one is still alive.

Archived