That random food poisoning

image.thumb.png.2a6acf1d158ecd8b95894f80ee50f332.png

might not be so random.  Follow me down this rabbit hole a moment if you will, when you empty wash basins full of germy water the basin becomes germy, if a dupe then refills the basin with clean water he becomes germy for interacting with a germy object. Its the only way I can see germs getting here
image.thumb.png.db9e4a102b4ac8d7138842b924b40820.png

in the quantities that I am finding them, and comparing to possible sources available I can only draw a few conclusions, the above being one.

I've never had them become germy from adding water to the Basin.  And even if that was the case, you have that other Basin next to the Research Stations before reaching the kitchen area.  Shouldn't they be washing their hands again, as long as it's not occupied?

Where is your Compost for the Polluted Dirt?  I don't see it in the screenshot.  The Polluted Dirt  will have Food Poisoning in it.

A dupe that carries a bottle of germy water is getting a lot of germs on himself. He can pick it up from the basin without using it so if he doesn`t wash after putting it in the bottle emptier he will spread germs to everything he picks up and every building he uses.

But with them not picking up the pwater and pdirt i`m not sure how everything gets germy. Maybe it`s the deodorizer. Are you picking up the clay from it? It might be filled with the food poisoning that`s in the air.

On 9/21/2018 at 4:49 AM, Kabrute said:

might not be so random.  Follow me down this rabbit hole a moment if you will, when you empty wash basins full of germy water the basin becomes germy, if a dupe then refills the basin with clean water he becomes germy for interacting with a germy object. Its the only way I can see germs getting here

in the quantities that I am finding them, and comparing to possible sources available I can only draw a few conclusions, the above being one.

People thought I was crazy when I said wash basins must be completed and filled prior to outhouse toilet, reason being is that dirty typhoid marry dupes will relieve themselves, go on to hand pump water, load the new wash basin with "clean" water, which was contaminated with germs. (At this point the germs begin to replicate in the clean reservoir side, the only solution I recall in the past, is to remove it and start again. (Disinfection wouldn't work.)

Many, many, many, MANY updates ago, I described this behavior as being responsible for what was contaminating my mealwood crops. (At the time, mealwood would be permanently contaminated and would need to be re-planted.) Well goodness me, sure looks like what you're describing to me is an extension of that.

This is why I ensure that the water well, wash basin are functional prior to allowing dupes to make toilet time. netSd69.gif

I knew food poisoning would become a threat again, I always thought it was a matter of time until aersolizing it would catch up with the folks doing that to produce o2 from water. (When devs decided.) (It's also possible po2 offgassing is catching up as well, people thought it was silly to move the bottles and empty them in safe way, that off gassing was harmless. I have seen recently that food poisoning being aersolized is more aggressive when observing a poluted oxygen vent output (not infected) getting contaminated and vice versa.)

You must put a wash basin also after a bottle emptier for dirty hands and also ensure that when that reservoir was built that it was filled with clean dupe hands from clean water source not vomited in etc. (By the way, I never compost, the few times that I did I always have clean wash basin. (This issue with crops was so severe that I began putting wash basins before all crops entrance, I no longer do this since I now ensure basin is running before toilets, have not checked otherwise in long time. (Have witnessed same issue when not filling it in time.)

It is also possible at this time that the po2 off gassing is catching up to folks now,

7 minutes ago, Coolthulhu said:

From what I've seen, buildings exchange germs with their own outputs. You can clearly see it with liquid vents and (important!) refineries.

So a basin full of germy water should get germy when it ejects the bottle.

With wash basins it's more than that, I tried to explain to people in the way way back. (You remember germy water not mattering in sinks and showers (Idk if it still doesn't?)) What appeared to me was that the wash basins had that mechanic actually implemented, the input could be contaminated by germy dupe carrying what was once clean water, now germied by their hands.) (You could check this by looking at the water content of the basin, it would show both tanks (clean and dirty) producing loads of bacteria, despite decontamination of exterior it would continue to turn dupes into typhoid marry.) netSd69.gif

At the time (still probably) the only solution was to deconstruct and remove any water bottled that was dropped, ensure clean hands, re-build wash basin and re-pump clean bottled water carried by a clean dupe and put it in the new clean wash basin.

Archived