~280 hours in, discover doors can be rotated

I've played in a bubble, rarely looking at what anyone else does in this game so it stays fresh and I have things to discover and play with, but I started to a bit recently and saw a rotated door. This blew my mind. I'd done all kinds of ladder + door + tiles patterns to equate to a rotated door, and feel pretty derp for not noticing they could be rotated sooner. :|

Am I alone on this? Anyone else not notice this or anything else similarly obvious in retrospect and useful?

5 hours ago, Yushatak said:

I've played in a bubble, rarely looking at what anyone else does in this game so it stays fresh and I have things to discover and play with, but I started to a bit recently and saw a rotated door. This blew my mind. I'd done all kinds of ladder + door + tiles patterns to equate to a rotated door, and feel pretty derp for not noticing they could be rotated sooner. :|

Am I alone on this? Anyone else not notice this or anything else similarly obvious in retrospect and useful?

You dont have to looking at what anyone else does. The option to rotate is literally on the UI :D

Image 036.png

5 hours ago, Parusoid said:

You dont have to looking at what anyone else does. The option to rotate is literally on the UI :D

Image 036.png

Oh I know - that's why I felt derp when I realized it could be done. Unless it was added well after I started playing (I got the game pretty early, don't remember exactly when) I don't have much of an excuse other than not noticing that text and never trying it. :p

It's in the context tooltip for rotation, but what's NOT intuitive or explained is that there are limited rotation permutations which varies from building to building.

Doors can only be rotated vertically, and ONCE clockwise. No CCW rotation, which is really annoying for some builds.

Pumps can't be rotated at all. It'd be nice if I could rotate a gas pump to vacuum hydrogen off the ceiling, but NOPE.

Electrolyzers, latrines, sieves, sinks, carbon skimmers, all generators, all refineries, no rotation allowed, at all. I cannot make a symmetrical oxygen production facility, and it bothers me.

Archived