How to get easy meat

Kill all your critters.

But obviously you want it to be sustainable, then it's kinda dependant on what you wanna do, If the infinite pacu farm still works you can breed a few pacus and then after you have a large amount you stop feeding your breeding ones and they will naturally lay an egg and die etc. and this will just keep happening.

If it doesn't work then just ranching is your option, shine bugs don't give anything and dreckos take too long so you either need to farm pacu (Difficult to feed in the long run) Hatches (Easy to maintain and gives you coal) Pufts (I usually go for these if i have a chlorine geyser) But ranching is the way to go if thats all you want!

So I should rather choose pufts or hatches?

Nop the fastest is whit pacu.. life is 25 cycle...(see fishomatic forum post), hatches and puffs have a lifespawn of 75 cycle. The best is whit shinebugs (15 cycle life... but when it dye no meat dropped)..It can be used for omelets.  

In my experience whit pacu farm. If you want to use less algae feed them 1kg / cycle and you will obtain 3 eggs in 15 cycle...1 for repeat the cycle and 2 for use as you want .. omelets or let them hath starve and take the meat, but this efficient way is cruel. The optimal humain pacu farm feed 3 time / cycle, and you obtain 4 eggs (1 + 3 for use) but you will feed the pacu for 25 cycle and lose 75 kg of algae (see my variant or mariilyn). The inefficient pacu farm feed am much algae you want and in 25 cycle you will have more eggs.

My version of 6 eggs/ 10 kg algae/ 5 cycle works fine but the lag in the late game make pacu fry and pacu float (this can be fixed)... and the time for the drop off sweep arm change from cycle to cycle (this i am trying to see if it can be fixed by limiting the calculation done by your processor when you play the game... in my case destroying lots and lots of metal,rocks, liquids and gas) 

2 hours ago, tzionut said:

hatches and puffs have a lifespawn of 75 cycle

Hatches have a 100 cycle lifespan.

Also i`m not sure if all critters give the same amount of meat. I`m sure that eggs are different (2kg - hatch, 1.5kg - puft, 4kg pacu; one half of that is the raw egg and the other is the eggshell.

You need a fairly large tank now but the least effort still has to be several large untamed pacu tanks. Collect any pacu eggs you find but don’t feed them.

You can feed them but the amount of algae to give is insane...If they don't reach tamed ad 0% and you don't feed them anymore the wildness will rise again. (this method is for algae disposal :) )

This solution assumes early game and requires no automation:

Create a little pit with a container in it.   Set the container to critter eggs sweep only.  Each night when your dupes go to sleep do the following:

1)  Mark any eggs in your ranches for sweeping

2) Go to the container in your pit and uncheck critter eggs, then check them again.  Any eggs in there will fall out.

3) If there are any baby critters in your pit, then mark them for killing (babies don't fight back and produce a nice amount of meat)

When your dupes wake up, they will clear the eggs, kill the babies and cook the barbecue, eazy peazy.

Just rinse and repeat this process every time the dupes go to sleep.  Takes about 3 seconds.

If you have 2 or so full ranches you will get a nice steady stream of barbecue after the eggs hatch.   About 1-2 peices barbecue per day per ranch.  Be stingy with the consumables menu and only let severely stressed dupes eat it, or ones with very high tier jobs.  Or supplement with a small sleet wheat farm.  Im on cycle 250 and I have about one fridge full of barbecue just waiting for a morale crisis or major promotion.

Archived