How do you get molten larva from a normal slickster? they just die..

Increasing temperature above the threshold doesn't help at all. A slickster at 139.99C does not gain "molten slickster points" any faster than one at 101C.

The only thing that matters is the time during which the condition is satisfied, and time during which other conditions are satisfied - cold body increases longhair chances, which decreases molten slickster chances because chances have to add up to 100%. The chance doesn't decrease if the condition is not satisfied, so older slicksters are usually less likely to spawn normal slickster eggs.

12 hours ago, jfc said:

I have a room with almost 200 C and they just keep dying no matter what once their body temp goes beyond 140+ C

Imagine if the people from the ice planet, where it is around -200 C and they have swimming pools of liquid nitrogen and they see cats and think cats are great and want to breed cats for their xeno zoo.  Then they hear about the infernally hot 20 C that the cats want to survive, and the breeders say "I'll do them one better!  120 C!  20 C, 120 C, they are both infernally hot, what's the difference?"  Then the cats die.

In short, aim for the temperature they say they want.  Don't go overboard.

18 hours ago, BlueLance said:

Poor cats :(

Just be glad I wasn't the one in charge of the metaphor.

"... and they see cats and think cats are delicious and want to eat cat meat spiced with pincha peppernut while burning cat poop for electricity. So they build a cat-drowning device, but it turns out cats can breathe underwater, so instead they decide to freeze the newborn kittens to death for their tender kitten flesh."

Archived