How to keep one active only?

Most players use heavy watt wires to power their transit tubes to prevent overloading 

You could use dupe checkpoints with pressure plates to make sure only one dupe goes though at a time but the setup would be more trouble and complex than setting up heavy watt wires

13 minutes ago, Neotuck said:

Most players use heavy watt wires to power their transit tubes to prevent overloading 

You could use dupe checkpoints with pressure plates to make sure only one dupe goes though at a time but the setup would be more trouble and complex than setting up heavy watt wires

Guess i'd rather do the 1st option, it's a long way to generators plus would have to change lots of things just to get the heavy wire to hide it's decor debuff

Just now, bleeter6 said:

Because if a dupe enters on both ends at the same time it overloads.

No it doesn't. Power draw is only 960W. Conductive wires handles 2KW.

On top of that, remember that they only draw power when recharging, not during use and not after each use, only after 4 uses.

If you don't want to run long conductive cables you can always put them on a switched battery isolated supply fed by regular wires. 

1 minute ago, Saturnus said:

No it doesn't. Power draw is only 960W. Conductive wires handles 2KW.

On top of that, remember that they only draw power when recharging, not during use and not after each use, only after 4 uses.

If you don't want to run long conductive cables you can always put them on a switched battery isolated supply fed by regular wires. 

I'm already using conductive wires, tho power goes beyond 2KW 'cause same circuit is feeding the pump 

15 minutes ago, jfc said:

I'm already using conductive wires, tho power goes beyond 2KW 'cause same circuit is feeding the pump 

How often is the pump used? If very infrequently you could just power of both tube accesses when the pump is on.

However, it's pretty simple to make an isolated switched battery supply.

Power comes in from the right, power consumer is on the left. Power is cut to consumers while the battery charges but with an infrequent power user like tube accesses that hardly matters. Automation is just a single NOT gate.

image.thumb.png.cb320f4df7998a18f6edbf82d8c735f3.png

image.png

I've got two different methods of powering the tube stations:

1. Small transformer with a power line to only that station.
  2. Large transformer going to two stations.

Sometimes I'll do things a bit different, but either of those methods is completely reliable and more cost-effective from a materials position than running heavi-watt wire.

36 minutes ago, Saturnus said:

How often is the pump used? If very infrequently you could just power of both tube accesses when the pump is on.

However, it's pretty simple to make an isolated switched battery supply.

Power comes in from the right, power consumer is on the left. Power is cut to consumers while the battery charges but with an infrequent power user like tube accesses that hardly matters. Automation is just a single NOT gate.

image.thumb.png.cb320f4df7998a18f6edbf82d8c735f3.png

image.png

doesn't seem to work, it won't recharge battery 'cause it's always shut off on the right side

49 minutes ago, KittenIsAGeek said:

Small transformer with a power line to only that station.

With the transit tubes one small transformer with a battery should do the trick for 2 entrances. They are only using the power for a small period of time and both at the same time for even less so i think a small transformer connected to both with a batter should be enough.

13 minutes ago, Sasza22 said:

With the transit tubes one small transformer with a battery should do the trick for 2 entrances. They are only using the power for a small period of time and both at the same time for even less so i think a small transformer connected to both with a batter should be enough.

so i connect the bottom input of small transformer to both tube accesses?

1 hour ago, Saturnus said:

Power comes in from the right, power consumer is on the left

Looks like it's the opposite, maybe that's what went wrong for jfc ?

Same approach than Kitten for me, transformers with smart batteries wherever I need to draw from the main line.

5 minutes ago, Saturnus said:

Oh, yeah. Embarrassing. :D

Power comes from the left. :D

i had rotated the not gate already tho, i just had to lower the battery standby cause it doesn't fully charge since my generators are automated to a smart battery for saving so i just put standy by around 50 and it works like a charm

3 minutes ago, jfc said:

i had rotated the not gate already tho, i just had to lower the battery standby cause it doesn't fully charge since my generators are automated to a smart battery for saving so i just put standy by around 50 and it works like a charm

Yeah, maybe I should have noted that you need a transformer somewhere on the line.

1 minute ago, Saturnus said:

Yeah, maybe I should have noticed that you need a transformer somewhere on the line.

don't get it, how will another transformer help on this setup?   my setup is ,  Generators > Transformer > S. Battery > Pump > S. Battery > Transit access 

2 minutes ago, Saturnus said:

I always have generators -> sm. batt. (only one for all generators) -> transformer (as many as needed) -> consumers (including isolated supplies)

That way I only ever need one smart battery to regulate even a full 20KW power circuit

I don't know but this setup seems to work, someone posted it and i just followed the same way i think one battery for each transformer just so they won't heat up

5b9d7bd44db0b_SemTtulo.thumb.png.d70ee58310cee180f16ee51d1f57ad15.png

Transformers have zero power run off, and the heat they generate is really small. Only 1Kdtu per transformer (of either kind). Smart batteries have power run off and 0.5Kdtu 

In you example above, if the power generators are on just 33% of the time then you generate more heat in your system, than with one smart battery and 4 always on transformers. And then you have the constant power waste from the smart batteries which is 4 times as much.

2 hours ago, Sasza22 said:

Actually, yeah, you're right. The small transformer peeks out at 1kw of power, regardless of the actual load.  

11 hours ago, Djoums said:

Looks like it's the opposite, maybe that's what went wrong for jfc ?

Same approach than Kitten for me, transformers with smart batteries wherever I need to draw from the main line.

It's still having it's load on the circuoit on the right, not sure if i set it right though

5b9dffa7230a8_SemTtulo.thumb.png.0b2e008d461d6762fb6863da734d982f.png

Edit: I placed the battery between the tubes and the transformer and seems to work right, the problem is the amount of load the transformer has on the right, it even reached 4k+ on the circuit. Is that fine though? I don't know if transformer power input causes overload

Archived