Weezewort cooling - too much Hydrogen?

I'm pressurising my weeze chamber with Hydrogen for cooling O2 from the electrolyzer, the standard setup; shift plates, radiant pipes etc .  I usually use 20kg, but due to some glitch, I now have an average density of  60kg of Hydrogen.  Will this aid or hinder my O2 cooling?

It should do nothing to harm or help you, still, 20Kg is excessive. If the lower part of your wheezes have at least 1Kg of hydrogen on them at all times then that is enough, after all they can only cool down packets of 1kg at a time. fill the room with 2Kg of hydrogen prior to placing the wheezes and that should be more than enough.

Well, you see, the bottom of the Weezes have 2 packets of Hydrogen, currently, it's showing one packet at 600g and one at 69kg!

Something else, a bit strange earlier at the time of writing this post, I looked at each packet and they were all at 60kg, now they are at 69kg, this is in a sealed chamber with no extra input. 

Meh, it is what it is, I'll leave it and see what happens.

show us a picture of your arrangement.

Having really high pressure in with your wheezes isn't worthless, it will cause your cooler to buffer more heat, and have a higher capability to handle surges while still providing a high cooling rate, or "reactivity"

Wheezeworts are like mini pumps though, you can get some strange pockets of high pressure if the room isn't all the same gas or if you have an odd arrangement.

Also like Mike said above all you need to get max cooling out of them is 1500g pressure at the bottom tile of your wheezeworts.

Here's a picture.  It's cooling ok, the O2 is now at 7c, I'm hoping won't go any lower, or my dupes will freeze.  I haven't managed to achieve the same result again with my other weeze chamber, although I have noticed that the other chamber reached 7c a lot quicker.

weezes.thumb.jpg.ab1d1ff12adeee48f005420e2e2b8095.jpg

10 hours ago, Coolthulhu said:

Worts are good at blocking downward flow of gas. Give them some extra space so that gas can go around them.

Coolthulhu is right. I don't know if the flow is good if you do like in your screenshot. I always leave a free space so hydrogen can go around and under the wheezeworts now.

I've had a geyser not cooling enough with wheezeworts before, and adding a free row in between my 8 wheezies solved the thing.

14 hours ago, Craigjw said:

Meh, it is what it is, I'll leave it and see what happens.

Archived