DST gifting system

I think that the current gifting system is pretty boring and even the developers don't know how it works from what I've heard. Maybe the system can be improved by having a timer that goes down on it's own and faster when you complete diffrent tasks (choping trees, fighting bosses crafting etc.) and when the timer reaches zero you get your reward. Also a tracker for the remaining gifts for the week would be nice. What do you think?

1 hour ago, RussianHacker said:

I think that the current gifting system is pretty boring and even the developers don't know how it works from what I've heard. Maybe the system can be improved by having a timer that goes down on it's own and faster when you complete diffrent tasks (choping trees, fighting bosses crafting etc.) and when the timer reaches zero you get your reward. Also a tracker for the remaining gifts for the week would be nice. What do you think?

You could just use the console or mods to abuse that system and get skins extremely fast.

Or simply idle.

1 hour ago, RussianHacker said:

as for the gift system you say you could get that done with cheating which is one of the main reasons achievements dont exist for the game also you may get up to 4 gifts per week and its resets every thursday as for the gift tracker that would make a good mod for its own simple yet helpful i dont think theres a timer for the gifts rather a random time when you are playing either that or there actually is a time somewhere in the files since im pretty sure you get gifts from being online i think klei servers give you gifts also i have noticed when you play with more than two players the chance of getting gifts increases i got 2 gifts in half an hour playing with friends although all you say is logical i dont see why we would need skins so bad its just a cosmetic thing 

Just to clarify...

What I'm saying is that the current system has so much potential and can add more depth to the gameplay for everyone who desides to earn the gift legitemately.

As for idling or "cheating" ( as in waiting in god mode near a scaled furnace and science machine/alchemy engine or smtn )personally I don't think is fun but anyone can do it if they want to.

4 hours ago, Gagarin-ace said:

this game exist for fun gameplay, not for idling, u dummy

Ironic considering you don't seem to understand the point of this post.

The poster of this thread wants to improve the system because it's not fun, and currently promotes idling. 

Archived