Does anyone ever use Duplicant checkpoints?

2 hours ago, KittenIsAGeek said:

Checkpoints only stop traffic in the direction the arrow points.

Yes, I know.  But that's not relevant to the situation that was described.

If you set up a Checkpoint outside your Drecko Ranch, and the condition for allowing through the Checkpoint is the Smart Storage being less than a certain value of Wool or Plastic.  Any time a Drecko was ready for Shearing, the Rancher being sent to that task (Shear Drecko) would become stuck on the Checkpoint for an extended period of time, unable to attend to other tasks, until either Breaktime, Bedtime, or the Smart Storage changes signal (or the area loses power).

2 hours ago, PhailRaptor said:

Yes, I know.  But that's not relevant to the situation that was described.

If you set up a Checkpoint outside your Drecko Ranch, and the condition for allowing through the Checkpoint is the Smart Storage being less than a certain value of Wool or Plastic.  Any time a Drecko was ready for Shearing, the Rancher being sent to that task (Shear Drecko) would become stuck on the Checkpoint for an extended period of time, unable to attend to other tasks, until either Breaktime, Bedtime, or the Smart Storage changes signal (or the area loses power).

I Have not observed that behavior.  Granted, I haven't worked with checkpoints all that much.  I guess I'll start playing around with them more and see what happens.

Archived