39 minutes ago, Sasza22 said:

I`d love a new drecko variant. To keep it hard to get lime make the drecko feed off of sleet wheat (and addjust it`s livable range to negative temps).

great minds think alike, I was going to suggest the same thing but wasn't sure if it would be a popular idea

6 hours ago, he77789 said:

No need for negative temps bc water(what the wheat needs) freezes at 0c.

Not if you want them to feed off wild sleet. It can go down to -60 iirc. A drecko morph that eats those should at least survive in the temperatures it grows.

Also some designs pump water at around 10oC or higher and cool the gas around hevily to keep the wheat growing.

I doubt a successful scaly drecko ranch will use wild wheat and controlling water at a steady 5C output for sleet wheat farming isn't too difficult 

Start with the fixed output of a water sieve 40C

Then use 2 aqua tuners (or loop it though one twice) 14C

Use an AETN or room full of wheezes to control the temp at 5C

Another good way to get lime could be, simply, that buildings using water have limestone deposit other time. And so, the plumber could have another mission than simply mop some water or purge a pipe. :)

We could get few amount of lime from buildings like foundry, electrolizers, or sink. ;)

On 1.9.2018 at 10:14 PM, Neotuck said:

An idea for a new drecko breed I call the Scaly Drecko

When sheared the scales can be used for lime production 

like if you think this should be added to ONI

On 2.9.2018 at 12:06 AM, Sasza22 said:

I`d love a new drecko variant. To keep it hard to get lime make the drecko feed off of sleet wheat (and addjust it`s livable range to negative temps).

+1 for that idea; it wouldn't make it exactly "hard" but it would be at least not that easy and all in all it would be a nice addition

Archived