Small Bladder negative trait

While this might be considered a negative trait.

I think it might be considered a beneficial trait for early on when you are limited on water.
Considering that when they use the lavatory they generate more polluted water than they consume.  This is a net increase in water (just gotta clean the cover the polluted water to water).

So if Small Bladder means using the toilet more often, it just means you're getting more water.

Thoughts?

Small bladder may result in some extra bathroom trips, which can be painful if the dupe is on the other side of the map. Last time I checked, this resulted in dupes accumulating bladder content even when in atmo suit.

Though it's probably still better than "positive" gourmet trait.

5 hours ago, Coolthulhu said:

Small bladder may result in some extra bathroom trips, which can be painful if the dupe is on the other side of the map. Last time I checked, this resulted in dupes accumulating bladder content even when in atmo suit.

Though it's probably still better than "positive" gourmet trait.

i believe +0.2% is actually a neutral trait if you have atmo suit

Yup, small bladder can be quite useful in that regard, as it produces 5kg of extra water per cycle, which can be used for things such as bristle blossoms or in your SPOM, with the last, it means that the dupe which will in total produce 10kg of water, will produce 8kg or so of O2, so he'll be 'self sufficient' in his oxygen needs.

On 1.9.2018 at 7:55 AM, RonEmpire said:

So if Small Bladder means using the toilet more often, it just means you're getting more water.

well, and making a trip to the toilet more often for mere 6,7kg... if it was actually working

and one has to wonder now if they are keeping it deliberately useless, after all, the default bath-time is rather used showers (finally those are not useless anymore) and one would have a Duplicant with a small bladder sure would have pick flowers either in the morning and evening or they would stop working since their bladder reaches 100% before the next cycle at the same time, possibly never getting 40% Bladder (to trigger the visit)

Normally, to reach 40% there need to be 240s in between, that's ~10 blocks while break plus sleeping is at most 5+3=>200s. Just considering that it might take a block anyway to get the business done, one has 175s which one might like to reach. It should be fairly obvious that if one were to aim at that or an even lower delay to get 40% of the next default&reasonable an affected Duplicant might not last the cycle until 100%.

If the target time is 200s then it might be fine but 175s would cut it awfully close, 150s is already impossible  to last the day even though it'd be a neat increase of +60% instead of 37,something% (175s) or 20% (200s). Having Duplicants work less than 2/3rds of their day sure is too close to real.

Again, to have +20% work out, one would need a long downtime to have them not go off in the middle of work

while if it is +60%, it simply won't work out, they will go off.

Around 40% might be the sweet point but depending on the circumstances it might very well not work, not at all.

This balancing sure is tough and as such is probably on hold for it needs extensive testing (time) or sophisticated data collection (also needs time to set up) if one does not want the trait to be ultra-annoying early (not that the past us would have mind that much, for we were used to Duplicants stop working and start travelling at least once a day, plus one more time every second day)...

Just something I'd like to note since I just came across it yet again (I sure did check it often). +0.2%/Cycle my elbow! (I thought previously, now I do understand... or so I'd at least like to think since I tried viewing it from a game designer's angle)

Archived