[Game Update] - 284053

On 8/31/2018 at 8:08 PM, Seeker89 said:

sulfur has a lot stuff that it can be made into, fertilizer and battery are just off the top.... I google it yesterday

Sulfur isn't the best element for fertilizers. If you want good fertilizer, nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium are the way to go.

That ish be like crack to plants. But be careful of the levels of those elements, because runoff can cause disastrous results.

Spoiler

See eutrophication.

Also, I guess this means I gotta go have another look through the files.

...again. :wilson_cry:

5 minutes ago, 0xFADE said:

The London hammer is steel make from iron chlorine and sulfur. It could be an interesting alternate way to make steel. 

Interesting. From what i know sulfur and chlorine are considered impurities and lower the strength of steel. But they would also make it harder and more brittle. I`m not sure how to apply it to ONI logic though.

1 hour ago, Sasza22 said:

Interesting. From what i know sulfur and chlorine are considered impurities and lower the strength of steel. But they would also make it harder and more brittle. I`m not sure how to apply it to ONI logic though.

stronger, harder, more brittle, less ductile. In metals these four properties are so closely connected that they're nearly synonymous (I'm forgetting one, there are five). So, carbon also has the same effect of making steel more brittle than iron.

Any molecular impurity with the right particle size and concentration will make a strong alloy. Carbon is the most common because it's cheap, available straight from the ground in a highly refined form (anthracite coal), and at high purity it's mostly inert (doesn't cause corrosion just by being present)

Edited by avc15