Polluted oxygen destroys chlorine?

This room originally had some hydrogen, polluted oxygen, and chlorine in it.  At one point the PO2 was up to around 5kg, and the chlorine was compressed into the bottom maybe 3 tiles high.  I pulled out a bunch of the po2 and I expected the chlorine to expand to fill more space, but it never did.  Now there is barely any chlorine left even though the po2 is under 2kg per tile.

Screenshot from 2018-08-27 20-40-53.png

you are in overpressured room, you have only 500 g of chlorine again a 2 Kg pressure of PO2 (very small amount of gaz could be destroy by big pressure sometime, the game don't take care of few grams of one gas when the main gaz room is at 5 Kg pressure)

2 hours ago, psusi said:

This room originally had some hydrogen, polluted oxygen, and chlorine in it.  At one point the PO2 was up to around 5kg, and the chlorine was compressed into the bottom maybe 3 tiles high.  I pulled out a bunch of the po2 and I expected the chlorine to expand to fill more space, but it never did.  Now there is barely any chlorine left even though the po2 is under 2kg per tile.

Screenshot from 2018-08-27 20-40-53.png

One gas destroying another gas has been around since the beginning.  This can definitely happen in an enclosed space with 2 or more elements in it over time as they swap around from tile to tile.  This is due to minor imperfections in the simulation that are difficult to weed out.  The Devs have certainly put in some fixes in over-time to try and reduce the amount that this happens.  I believe one or two updates ago I think I actually recall some patch note where they put in some specific code to try and detect possible gas destruction and switch one gas to another gas.  (At least, I believe that's how it's done.)

For example, this geyser room here:

GasCreation1.thumb.jpg.f1753041b58d1882f1e94f34de15eb8b.jpg

This room use to have quite a bit less hydrogen in it.  But, as soon as some hydrogen squeezed it's way into where the geyser is.. it seems to just spontaneous produce more.  It isn't being dumped from the electrolzyer unit, that I'm sure.  That vent was only to vent out any O2 that might have originally been stuck in the top of the unit and it's no longer needed.  Also, the O2 pressure has been the same the whole time.

My testing in debug mode seems to indicate that the switching of one gas to the other gas tends to happen, at least, near the border where those two gases are fighting, along with a flowing liquid.  It certainly doesn't easily happen though.

12 hours ago, Flydo said:

you are in overpressured room, you have only 500 g of chlorine again a 2 Kg pressure of PO2 (very small amount of gaz could be destroy by big pressure sometime, the game don't take care of few grams of one gas when the main gaz room is at 5 Kg pressure)

The PO2 pressure is only around 2kg, and not long ago there were several tiles of more than 2kg pressure chlorine at the bottom.  It sounds like this hack they put in to try and fix the problem of gas being destroyed is actually destroying more gas, or rather, converting the chlorine into po2.

13 minutes ago, JohnW1W said:

I thought the chlorine gets used up when it destroys slimelung germs in the air.

A valid but ultimately incorrect assumption.

It has been tested countless times that chlorine lose no mass from deleting slime lung.

Archived