All my game progress GONE :(

I logged into my Chrome app version of the game today to find that ALL of my saved games AND experience points were GONE!! It was as if i had never played before. I checked to make sure it was the same key in they menu options and it was. I did clear my internet cache today, could that have caused this error? I would think your game progress would have been saved on their servers somewhere.

I had all the characters except Wes :( - very sad

has anyone else had this issue?

Okay, so dumb question that maybe merits its own thread but maybe not: If I'd like to reform my ways and start using the Steam version (I've only ever played in Chrome) so that I don't face a similar data loss, how do I get Don't Starve into my new Steam library? I literally just downloaded Steam and know nothing about it. I'm cool with needing to start a fresh world if game files don't sync between Steam and Chrome.EDIT:Oh. I went into account options and clicked "Steam Key" but it said "This option is only available to accounts purchased from the Chrome Web Store." ....which I thought I did. :(EDIT TO THE EDIT:Ok, found my original email with game keys. Now looking for where to put it...EDIT TO THE EDITED EDIT: Okay, finally got everything up and running! Not hard, I'm just new to Steam. :)

Edited by wrongenvelope

Okay, so dumb question that maybe merits its own thread but maybe not: If I'd like to reform my ways and start using the Steam version (I've only ever played in Chrome) so that I don't face a similar data loss, how do I get Don't Starve into my new Steam library? I literally just downloaded Steam and know nothing about it. I'm cool with needing to start a fresh world if game files don't sync between Steam and Chrome.EDIT:Oh. I went into account options and clicked "Steam Key" but it said "This option is only available to accounts purchased from the Chrome Web Store." ....which I thought I did. :(EDIT TO THE EDIT:Ok, found my original email with game keys. Now looking for where to put it...EDIT TO THE EDITED EDIT: Okay, finally got everything up and running! Not hard, I'm just new to Steam. :)

Turn steam cloud off. It'll save you a lot of time and effort.

Explain?12345

Some people have reported problems with steam cloud. We have added a workaround that will cause the game to save its files in your documents directory instead. To activate this mode,add the following two lines to your C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\dont_starve\settings.ini file:[sTEAM]DISABLECLOUD = true

Go figure.