gas and liquid reservoir

I'm at work right now but can't wait to check the new patch.

can someone show picutres and explain the mecanincs of gas and liquid reservoir?

do you guys already have some insight of their uses?

when you use it with all connected input and output, does it begin to store gas/liquid before to send it back to output or does it act exactly like a pipe and starts to fill only when output is blocked or unconnected?

5 minutes ago, Exa said:

when you use it with all connected input and output, does it begin to store gas/liquid before to send it back to output or does it act exactly like a pipe and starts to fill only when output is blocked or unconnected?

I am not sure, I assume it fills and empties at a constant rate until there is a backlog. Which then causes it to fill. You can have them inside your gas storage tank to save space anyway

4 minutes ago, Grimgaw said:

Anything with output (green) works to push packets to input (white). Closed toilet loop works without pump for example.

OK so the reservoirs are acting like a long pipe with bridges at the ends. And like toilets, a pump is needed to push gas through.

It does not save a pump, it saves a bridge and a vent...

1 minute ago, Argelle said:

It saves space though in that regard, instead of having however many pipe tiles, you can have one of these and its less pipe tiles for the same job.

I am gonna try building them for other uses

3 minutes ago, Grimgaw said:

So, what's the point of 150kg gas tank if you can use 5t liquid tank to store gas? 

no I meant in liquid reservoir you can mix different liquids, and in gas reservoir you can mix different gas

9 minutes ago, BlueLance said:

I am not sure if by that they were referring to liquifying the gas and storing it? not really sure XD

yes he misunderstood my last message : "you can mix liquid and gas in it, but no ideas how it sorts it at output"

3 hours ago, Grimgaw said:

You can think of them as 500 tiles long liquid pipe or 150 tiles long gas pipe. That's it.

Wait, they hold 5,000 kg of liquid or 150 kg of gas?

40 minutes ago, Argelle said:

It does save a pump: with a storage pond you need a *second* pump to extract it.

Archived