When a building has multiple continuous recipes, rotate between them

I'd often like to be able to cook several different recipes in my food buildings. I'd like the behavior to be that, if a building has multiple 'continuous' recipes, then it rotates between them. The machine should make one of each recipe that's queued up before starting over. Ideally, the machine would simply ignore and skip over any recipes that do not have enough ingredients; thus if only one of multiple continuous recipes has ingredients, then only one gets made.

Presently, as far as I know, it's necessary to have multiple separate buildings in order to continuously make multiple recipes. This is annoying and is something that feels like it should be possible with a single building.

This is especially useful with cooking because cooking uses so many different ingredients and combinations. For example, I might have both mushrooms and meal lice available, and so ideally I could queue up continuous recipes for both Pickled Meal and Fried Mushroom at a single Electric Grill, to cook them in even amounts (as long as ingredients permit). If one of the ingredients runs out, the cook should cook the other recipes.

There is a workaround which is creating multiple buildings, potentially with different priorities. This works fine but takes up quite a bit of space.

Asked so many times that I lost count.

Even I've opened a thread for this.

5 hours ago, Xiphoris said:

There is a workaround which is creating multiple buildings, potentially with different priorities. This works fine but takes up quite a bit of space.

This is the only workaround for this. I too am forced to do this :( 

Archived